|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Michael leaves and shuts the door, Agnes does what?
(a) Lie in bed and cries.
(b) Follow after him out the door.
(c) Laugh hysterically.
(d) Open the door and tells him to come back.
2. What does Michael tell Agnes that he has crawled and begged her for?
(a) More money.
(b) More children.
(c) A request for Agnes to write her own novel.
(d) Understanding and warmth.
3. Michael said he has tried to persuade Agnes with servants, dresses, paintings and money so that she would do what?
(a) Go on a trip with him.
(b) Be happy.
(c) Ask for favor from her parents.
(d) Not hate his book.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what has changed about the decor in the room since the last scene?
(a) The room is richly decorated
(b) The room has sparse decoration.
(c) The room has not changed at all.
(d) The room is really messy.
5. What does Agnes throw at Michael when she is mad at him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The "God Is Love" pillow.
(b) A book.
(c) Her shoe.
(d) A rattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael say that his love has changed for Agnes in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Michael doing when he enters the room in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. How does Agnes react to Michael's confession of his true feelings at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. When Agnes starts having labor pains, what is the first thing Michael does?
5. Michael says to Agnes that he "married a princess" but wakes up to what?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)