|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margie bring home?
2. What does Mary Lou say is missing from Joe Morelli's kitchen?
3. What was the first thing Stephanie asked Ranger?
4. What was loving Morelli comparable to?
5. What two words did Joe use to describe Stephanie and his relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ranger do the job of a bounty hunter?
2. What does Mrs. Nowicki say about harboring a fugitive and what does she say she is doing all this for?
3. What was the role of mothers in the 'burg, according to Stephanie?
4. What does surveillance mean to Stephanie?
5. Where did Morelli sleep the night that closes the chapter, and why?
6. How did Morelli react to the firebombing attempt?
7. Why did Stephanie's enthusiasm do a dip?
8. Who is Bernie and of what use is he to Stephanie?
9. How does Stephanie attempt to reassure Sugar?
10. What was the difference between being at the ballpark and watching a baseball game on TV to Stephanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Stephanie's Grandma Mazur and Morelli's Grandma Bella. Which Grandmother strikes you as the stronger of the two and why? If you had one event that you could look into the future using Grandma Bella's ability, what event would this be and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the writing style of Janet Evanovich. How do the clues in this book lead the reader to understand what's happening and what's going on? Could you predict the end of the novel from the beginning? In either case, rate the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What lie did Stephanie tell Mrs. Pease? Why did she need to tell it? What did Stephanie learn about Maxine through her home? What things would suggest that Maxine left in a hurry? Why didn't Stephanie encourage Mrs. Pease about the cops and calling them to make sure Maxine was safe?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)