|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Stephanie need to worry about her prints?
2. How old was Morelli when he took her virginity?
3. What would Margie and Mrs. Nowicki both need?
4. What made Stephanie get all choked up?
5. Since what age had Stephanie been in love with Morelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Morelli say that he is coming with Stephanie?
2. How did Morelli react to the firebombing attempt?
3. How did Sugar look in drag?
4. Why did Grandma Mazur frequent the beauty parlor?
5. Who is Bernie and of what use is he to Stephanie?
6. What two things did Stephanie find really discomfiting about Morelli and his life?
7. How did the Ballroom avoid bankruptcy?
8. What was the difference between being at the ballpark and watching a baseball game on TV to Stephanie?
9. What was the role of mothers in the 'burg, according to Stephanie?
10. Why did Stephanie's enthusiasm do a dip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Stephanie and Joyce. What kind of people are they? Where do their moral scruples lie? Who would you rather meet on the street?
Essay Topic 2
What about Morelli makes him attractive to other women? What makes him attractive to Stephanie? Why is he not as attractive to Lula? How is he created to be the hero of the novel, and what does his character suggest about Stephanie's appearance?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the money doesn't justify the risks Stephanie takes with her life. Use quotes from the book to back up the argument. Conversely, you may choose to justify the job in the terms of the kind of career that Ranger has built for himself.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)