|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the brand of the pregnancy test?
2. What does Morelli call Stephanie?
3. What western character does Stephanie ask Morelli if she looks like?
4. What did Morelli see Stephanie in that made him unable to resist her?
5. What is Sally thinking of changing his image to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were both Stephanie and Sally afraid of Sugar?
2. What does surveillance mean to Stephanie?
3. How does Stephanie attempt to reassure Sugar?
4. What two things did Stephanie find really discomfiting about Morelli and his life?
5. How did the Ballroom avoid bankruptcy?
6. Why did Stephanie's enthusiasm do a dip?
7. How did Stephanie and Morelli's days compare?
8. How did Stephanie's mother reassure her?
9. Why does Morelli say that he is coming with Stephanie?
10. What does Stephanie think Ranger meant when he said he would be "in the wind"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the money doesn't justify the risks Stephanie takes with her life. Use quotes from the book to back up the argument. Conversely, you may choose to justify the job in the terms of the kind of career that Ranger has built for himself.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person is Grandma Mazur? Create a personality profile and compare and contrast her to any other character you choose in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Briefly surmise reasons why Eddie Kuntz wouldn't want to leave town. Come up with reasons why he might have told Maxine about the money printing business. How was this to his downfall, and what would you have done differently?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)