|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Stephanie bet Morelli?
2. What kind of food does Sugar like?
3. What made Stephanie get all choked up?
4. What is Sally thinking of changing his image to?
5. Who is Ranger's mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephanie attempt to reassure Sugar?
2. How did Sugar look in drag?
3. Why is Norvil a 'pain in the ass'?
4. What two things did Stephanie find really discomfiting about Morelli and his life?
5. Why did Stephanie's enthusiasm do a dip?
6. How did Morelli react to the firebombing attempt?
7. What was the role of mothers in the 'burg, according to Stephanie?
8. Where did Morelli sleep the night that closes the chapter, and why?
9. What was the difference between being at the ballpark and watching a baseball game on TV to Stephanie?
10. Why doesn't Morelli want to help Sally into his corset, and why does he have to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Stephanie and Lula's characters. How do they compliment each other? How close of friends do you think they would be in real life? How does Lula's character make up for Stephanie's downfalls? Who would you rather have as your friend, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of things get Stephanie really bummed out? In what way would you consider this a normal reaction to circumstances? In which ways should she be grateful at this point for the way her life is progressing? How does her getting down and out make her a more rounded character?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Stephanie's Grandma Mazur and Morelli's Grandma Bella. Which Grandmother strikes you as the stronger of the two and why? If you had one event that you could look into the future using Grandma Bella's ability, what event would this be and why?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)