|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a black woman in a Buick look like to Lula?
2. What did Stephanie put in her bra?
3. What does Stephanie's mother believe of Grandma Mazur?
4. Why is Stephanie mad at Vinnie?
5. Who did Stephanie call to help her with the problem of Joyce?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stephanie think that Morelli is the one with the psychotic girlfriend?
2. Why couldn't Stephanie leave Lula behind?
3. What did Stephanie find on her door, and why did it spook her?
4. Why does Stephanie hate Joyce Barnhardt?
5. What was really choking Stephanie up while she sat outside Morelli's place?
6. Who was Terry Grizolli?
7. Why couldn't Vinnie fool around with Joyce?
8. What various reasons did Stephanie go to the beach?
9. Where did Stephanie's mother say his father had been?
10. What ways did Ranger suggest getting rid of Joyce, and in what way did he succeed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Stephanie's Grandma Mazur and Morelli's Grandma Bella. Which Grandmother strikes you as the stronger of the two and why? If you had one event that you could look into the future using Grandma Bella's ability, what event would this be and why?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of things get Stephanie really bummed out? In what way would you consider this a normal reaction to circumstances? In which ways should she be grateful at this point for the way her life is progressing? How does her getting down and out make her a more rounded character?
Essay Topic 3
What lie did Stephanie tell Mrs. Pease? Why did she need to tell it? What did Stephanie learn about Maxine through her home? What things would suggest that Maxine left in a hurry? Why didn't Stephanie encourage Mrs. Pease about the cops and calling them to make sure Maxine was safe?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)