Lesson 1 (from Chapter 1)
Everyone in Stephanie's workplace packs a pistol of varying calibers, as is natural in the USA where citizens have the right to 'bear arms' or retain guns.
The objective of this lesson is to determine whether gun control laws are necessary or a waste of time.
1) Initiate a class discussion on the purpose of regulating firearms. What are the pros and what are the cons to this kind of regulation?
2) Halve the class and conduct a debate on gun control.
3) Create a list of pros and cons in regards to gun control. What is your personal opinion regarding the government regulation of firearms?
4) In essay form, explain the difference between a country that exercises control in gun ownership and one that doesn't.
5) For homework, research places where there have been deaths of young people due to firearms. What actions did that country or state or...
This section contains 6,490 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)