• Stephanie learns that her cousin has hired her worst enemy to work for him, and when she confronts him, she learns that he is unwilling to rectify the situation.
• Vinnie instead hands her a case to distract her and get her out of his hair for the apprehension of a woman who failed to appear at her hearing, Maxine Norwicki.
• Stephanie's first move is to gain info from the boyfriend that Maxine stole the car off of (the reason for her being arrested).
• Eddie Kuntz, the boyfriend has no idea where she went, so Stephanie goes to the diner, the Silver Dollar, where Maxine worked and learns the name of Maxine's closest friend, a waitress who's away sick.
• Stephanie then goes to Maxine's apartment, and sweet talks the downstairs neighbor into letting her in.
• The neighbor explains that Maxine told everyone she was leaving on vacation, which...
This section contains 4,273 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)