|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Crito's emotional state during Socrates' trial be characterized?
2. What is the correct chronology of Socratic dialogues?
(a) Euthyphro, Apology, Crito.
(b) Apology, Crito, Euthyphro.
(c) Euthyphro, Crito, Apology.
(d) Apology, Euthyphro, Crito.
3. What is the name of Socrates' institute in The Clouds?
(a) The Athenian Institute of Higher Learning.
(b) The Sentinel.
(c) Achilles' Homeland.
(d) The Thinkery.
4. Who are the characters in Crito?
(a) Crito and Socrates.
(c) Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Eideron, and Crito.
(d) Crito, Socrates, and Meletus.
5. What does Socrates tell his friends and supporters after his sentence is decided?
(a) He berates them for their lack of support.
(b) He makes them promise to build a bigger school after his death.
(c) He asks them to visit him and talk with him.
(d) He asks them to never look upon him again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Socrates bring his family to court?
2. What is the basic impression of Socrates' overall defense strategy?
3. What is Socrates' definition of piety?
4. What topic does Socrates discuss to dismantle Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
5. Why does Socrates compare himself to Achilles?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)