|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violent action does Pheidippides visit upon Strepsiades?
(a) He dunks his head in water to the point of drowning.
(b) He rapes him.
(c) He beats him.
(d) He hangs him from a tree.
2. What nationality was Socrates?
3. Where does Crito take place?
(a) In prison.
(b) In Socrates' school.
(c) At Plato's home.
(d) In Crito's study.
4. According to The Clouds, what force holds communities and families together?
(b) Intellectual rigor.
(c) A faith in Zeus.
(d) The oracle at Delphi.
5. Which is NOT one of the benefits of law, according to Socrates in Crito?
(a) Laws bring about the flourishing of cities.
(b) They lead to people doing what is truly best.
(c) Laws produce good citizens.
(d) Laws increase education in the citizenry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Strepsiades run into financial difficulties?
2. Why special connection do Socrates and Euthyphro share?
3. At the end of Euthyphro, what does Socrates' "god" tell him?
4. Why does Socrates say that he is not impious?
5. On which point in Crito does Socrates differ markedly from his position in Apology?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)