|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overarching subject of Euthyphro?
2. Why is "true speech" often not persuasive?
(a) It is hard to properly present.
(b) True speech is often delivered by politicians, who are always at odds with citizens.
(c) It is so elegant that everyone falls in love with the words, failing to see the truthful content.
(d) No one wants to hear the truth about how ugly they are.
3. The Euthyphro is a dialogue between which men?
(a) Socrates and Euthyphro.
(b) Plato and Socrates.
(c) Aristophanes and Cato.
(d) Zeus and Hades.
4. How can Crito's emotional state during Socrates' trial be characterized?
5. Why does Socrates compare himself to a subhuman pest?
(a) He is always underfoot.
(b) He wakes up the Athenian people.
(c) He is small but dangerous.
(d) It takes more than poison to kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Crito?
2. Socrates argues that, since Crito cares about public opinion, he must care about ... ?
3. What does Crito think Socrates displayed during his trial?
4. According to Socrates, why should experts be obeyed?
5. What relationship is Crito to Socrates?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)