|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when youthful Athenians follow Socrates' philosophical teachings?
(a) They share this knowledge with their elders.
(b) They belittle and are rude to their elders.
(c) They suddenly refuse to speak to Socrates.
(d) They try to create their own rival schools of philosophy.
2. What is prophecy?
(a) Faith in the gods.
(b) A ritual rite of passage to manhood.
(c) Hatred for one's own family.
(d) Knowledge of the future.
3. How does Socrates compare death to sleep?
(a) Sleep is restful, but death is a never-resting state.
(b) Since sleep is good, death is good.
(c) The only thing similar is the closing of the eyes.
(d) Sleep, like death, is often filled with frightening visions.
4. According to Socrates, the philosopher who tells the truth ... ?
(a) Will be hated.
(b) Will be loved.
(c) Will be feared.
(d) Does not exist.
5. What is the profession of Socrates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Socrates' second defense against the charge that he is corrupting youth?
2. What is Euthyphro's father accused of?
3. What is Socrates' definition of piety?
4. Why is Socrates wiser than anyone he knows?
5. According to Socrates in Euthyphro, why don't wise men need to consult with the gods?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)