|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Socrates' general attitude toward the citizens of Athens?
2. What does Socrates tell his friends and supporters after his sentence is decided?
(a) He makes them promise to build a bigger school after his death.
(b) He berates them for their lack of support.
(c) He asks them to never look upon him again.
(d) He asks them to visit him and talk with him.
3. What ultimate sentence is handed down by the jury?
(a) A fine.
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Death by hanging.
(d) Death by poison.
4. What is the subject of Plato's Apology?
(a) A day of Socrates teaching at his school.
(b) Socrates' definition of piety.
(c) Socrates' trial.
(d) Socrates' execution.
5. Why is Socrates put on trial?
(a) For indecent exposure.
(b) For murder.
(c) For embezzlement.
(d) For corrupting the youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Euthyphro, what might Socrates say about his own level of knowledge?
2. What is Socrates' first defense against the charge that he is corrupting youth?
3. Why does Socrates object to the notion that piety is a system of exchange between gods and men?
4. Why is Socrates wiser than anyone he knows?
5. What is the overarching subject of Euthyphro?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)