|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Euthyphro, what might Socrates say about his own level of knowledge?
(a) Socrates feels he is a storehouse of knowledge.
(b) Socrates feels he has a great memory.
(c) Socrates feels he knows nothing.
(d) Socrates feels wisdom is completely unimportant.
2. Why is Socrates wiser than anyone he knows?
(a) Because of his great understanding of physics and astronomy.
(b) Because of his powerful observational skills of the natural world.
(c) Because he knows that he knows nothing.
(d) Because he knows all the best philosophers in Athens, including Plato.
3. How many speeches did Socrates give in his defense during his trial in Athens?
4. Euthyphro covers which section of Socrates' legal ordeal?
5. What is Socrates' stance on political activity?
(a) He believes a supreme dictator is what's needed in Greece.
(b) He heartily engages in politics.
(c) He only participates in politics at the request of his friends.
(d) He refrains from any political activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socrates say that he is not impious?
2. Which is the first of three Socratic dialogues written by Plato?
3. In Euthyphro, what problem does Socrates have with the suggestion that it is good to be dear to the gods?
4. According to Euthyphro, when the Athenian people are pious, what happens?
5. At the end of Euthyphro, what does Socrates' "god" tell him?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)