|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are many scientists accused of atheism, according to Socrates?
(a) It is yet another lie perpetrated by Meletus.
(b) They have never been properly exposed to religious concepts.
(c) Scientists will not accept religious explanations for things.
(d) Scientists must disavow Zeus in order to be admitted as a scientist.
2. What does Socrates claim about his relationship with his students?
(a) He has no students, and the trial is a complete farce.
(b) He makes them suffer only so he can teach them more.
(c) He has never claimed to teach, only to talk honestly.
(d) His students are all too stupid to do much damage.
3. What nationality was Socrates?
4. What verdict does the jury deliver in Socrates' trial?
(b) It was the equivalent of a hung jury.
(c) Guilty by reason of mental disease.
5. Which segment of society is Socrates charged with having a bad influence on?
(a) The youth.
(c) The elderly.
(d) Fellow philosophers.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates, when pursuing the truth, a person should defer to what authority?
2. What explains Socrates' stance on political activity?
3. Euthyphro's definition of piety depends upon what body of stories?
4. What happens when youthful Athenians follow Socrates' philosophical teachings?
5. Why does Socrates compare himself to a subhuman pest?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)