|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Apology.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Socrates put on trial?
(a) For corrupting the youth.
(b) For embezzlement.
(c) For murder.
(d) For indecent exposure.
2. Who is Socrates' prosecutor in his trial?
3. What is the overarching subject of Euthyphro?
4. What does Socrates say about the accusation that he is engaged in scientific pursuits?
(a) He studied science only as a naive child of seven.
(b) He denies being engaged in any such pursuits.
(c) He admits to being a lover of science, dealing his defense another blow.
(d) He admits to pursuing science, but argues that science and religion are one and the same.
5. Why didn't Socrates bring his family to court?
(a) He thought the jury would hate him for the gesture.
(b) He did not want to garner pity.
(c) He did not want to pay for the extra lodging costs.
(d) He did not want to look at his children and cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the oracle at Delphi tell Socrates?
2. Why does Socrates believe he may lose his trial from the very start?
3. How does Socrates characterize the normal Athenian's pursuit of the good life?
4. Why is Socrates heartened about the possibility of an afterlife?
5. Euthyphro covers which section of Socrates' legal ordeal?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)