|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dialogue in Euthyphro end?
(a) Plato died before he finished writing it.
(b) Euthyphro becomes frustrated and leaves.
(c) Socrates is taken to prison.
(d) There is a great earthquake.
2. Why is Socrates put on trial?
(a) For murder.
(b) For corrupting the youth.
(c) For indecent exposure.
(d) For embezzlement.
3. What is Euthyphro's profession?
4. What is the name of Zeus' father?
5. Who is Socrates' prosecutor in his trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Socrates object to the notion that piety is a system of exchange between gods and men?
2. The Euthyphro is a dialogue between which men?
3. What topic does Socrates discuss to dismantle Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
4. What is the profession of Socrates?
5. What is Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)