|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Plato's Apology?
(a) Socrates' execution.
(b) Socrates' definition of piety.
(c) Socrates' trial.
(d) A day of Socrates teaching at his school.
2. According to Euthyphro, when the Athenian people are pious, what happens?
(a) Neighboring Sparta suffers illness and death.
(b) The gods reward them.
(c) The gods shun them.
(d) They feel better and work harder, with or without the gods.
3. What does Socrates have Euthyphro agree about, in regards to love?
(a) Love is the mutual lack of disrespect between two people.
(b) Love always depends on exactly three parties.
(c) Things that are loved, are loved because they are loved by someone.
(d) Love, like the top of Mount Olympus, can never truly be known.
4. The Euthyphro is a dialogue between which men?
(a) Plato and Socrates.
(b) Aristophanes and Cato.
(c) Zeus and Hades.
(d) Socrates and Euthyphro.
5. What attitude has Meletus adopted about the trial of Socrates?
(a) He is stridently pro-Socrates.
(b) He bears no opinion and avoids the issue.
(c) He is taking it quite seriously.
(d) He thinks the whole thing is a sham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Euthyphro take place?
2. What is Euthyphro's father accused of?
3. The Euthyphro is known as what kind of writing?
4. What does Socrates believe about the concept of objective truth?
5. Why does the dialogue in Euthyphro end?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)