|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Euthyphro covers which section of Socrates' legal ordeal?
2. The Euthyphro is known as what kind of writing?
3. Why is Socrates put on trial?
(a) For murder.
(b) For corrupting the youth.
(c) For indecent exposure.
(d) For embezzlement.
4. Why does the dialogue in Euthyphro end?
(a) Euthyphro becomes frustrated and leaves.
(b) Plato died before he finished writing it.
(c) Socrates is taken to prison.
(d) There is a great earthquake.
5. Why does the Athenian community treat Euthyphro with contempt and derision?
(a) He is putting his own father on trial.
(b) He is claiming an olive tree orchard that is not his.
(c) He frequently dresses up as a woman.
(d) He stole chickens from his own brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Euthyphro's definition of piety depends upon what body of stories?
2. What topic does Socrates discuss to dismantle Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
3. According to Euthyphro, what might Socrates say about his own level of knowledge?
4. What is the subject of Plato's Apology?
5. What does Socrates have Euthyphro agree about, in regards to love?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)