|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Euthyphro.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many speeches did Socrates give in his defense during his trial in Athens?
2. What attitude has Meletus adopted about the trial of Socrates?
(a) He is taking it quite seriously.
(b) He bears no opinion and avoids the issue.
(c) He is stridently pro-Socrates.
(d) He thinks the whole thing is a sham.
3. What is the subject of Plato's Apology?
(a) A day of Socrates teaching at his school.
(b) Socrates' definition of piety.
(c) Socrates' trial.
(d) Socrates' execution.
4. What is the overarching subject of Euthyphro?
5. How does Socrates characterize the gods in Euthyphro?
(a) Murderous and treacherous.
(b) Petty and unfair.
(c) Objective and impartial.
(d) Courageous and aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Euthyphro is a dialogue between which men?
2. What topic does Socrates discuss to dismantle Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
3. Why does the Athenian community treat Euthyphro with contempt and derision?
4. Who does Socrates believe speaks to him, as expressed in Euthyphro?
5. What is the name of Zeus' father?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)