|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Zeus' father?
2. Why is Socrates wiser than anyone he knows?
(a) Because of his powerful observational skills of the natural world.
(b) Because of his great understanding of physics and astronomy.
(c) Because he knows that he knows nothing.
(d) Because he knows all the best philosophers in Athens, including Plato.
3. What would happen if Socrates fled to a city that was well-governed?
(a) He would be a law-breaker, and suffer from the same bad reputation.
(b) He would finally get justice.
(c) He could live a life free from political ambition.
(d) He could plot his revenge.
4. What is Socrates' stance on political activity?
(a) He believes a supreme dictator is what's needed in Greece.
(b) He only participates in politics at the request of his friends.
(c) He refrains from any political activity.
(d) He heartily engages in politics.
5. Why is The Clouds so memorable today?
(a) For its powerful portrayal of Plato.
(b) For its powerful portrayal of Socrates.
(c) Because it was the first play that used talking animals.
(d) Because of its affirmation of Socrates' ideals and principles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates believe is the central question of life?
2. How does Socrates characterize the gods in Euthyphro?
3. Why does law have authority?
4. Where does Apology take place?
5. What is Aristophanes' general attitude toward Socrates?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)