|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Euthyphro's father accused of?
2. Why does the dialogue in Euthyphro end?
(a) Socrates is taken to prison.
(b) Plato died before he finished writing it.
(c) Euthyphro becomes frustrated and leaves.
(d) There is a great earthquake.
3. What does Socrates tell the jury after his sentence is decided?
(a) He is truly sorry for what he did.
(b) He will have his revenge, if not in this life, then the next.
(c) He thanked them for their service to the community.
(d) His students will visit more harm upon the city than he ever could.
4. In regards to corrupting youth, what solution does Socrates see for correcting his tendencies?
(a) A small fine.
(b) A sabbatical to Delphi.
(c) Twenty lashes.
(d) Mere instruction for how to teach better.
5. What happens when youthful Athenians follow Socrates' philosophical teachings?
(a) They try to create their own rival schools of philosophy.
(b) They suddenly refuse to speak to Socrates.
(c) They share this knowledge with their elders.
(d) They belittle and are rude to their elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates characterize the normal Athenian's pursuit of the good life?
2. What emotion did Socrates stir in the jury by his suggestion of a punishment?
3. Pheidippides recites a text written by which man?
4. Why does Socrates eventually refuse to help Strepsiades?
5. What is Strepsiades' ultimate goal when coming to Socrates?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)