|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aristophanes' Clouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Strepsiades throw Pheidippides a party?
(a) Pheidippides successfully tricked Strepsiades' creditors.
(b) Pheidippides is getting married.
(c) Pheidippides has agreed to murder Socrates.
(d) Strepsiades is celebrating Pheidippides' passage into manhood.
2. In regards to corrupting youth, what solution does Socrates see for correcting his tendencies?
(a) Twenty lashes.
(b) A sabbatical to Delphi.
(c) Mere instruction for how to teach better.
(d) A small fine.
3. What sentence does Meletus suggest for Socrates?
(a) An imprisonment of ten years.
(b) An imprisonment of one year.
(d) A fine.
4. Pheidippides recites a text written by which man?
5. According to Socrates, when pursuing the truth, a person should defer to what authority?
(a) A person should not defer to any authority.
(b) A political leader.
(c) A religious leader.
(d) A social reformer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Euthyphro covers which section of Socrates' legal ordeal?
2. Which is the third and final Socratic dialogue written by Plato?
3. What is Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
4. Who does Euthyphro compare to himself and his father?
5. At what point does Strepsiades stop speaking to Pheidippides?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)