|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Crito.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates believe is the central question of life?
(a) What is it all for?
(b) What is the meaning of piety?
(c) How should one live one's life?
(d) How does one acquire knowledge?
2. What is the "good life" as defined by Athens law, according to Plato's Apology?
(a) Eating, drinking, and being merry.
(b) Actively seeking meaning in one's life.
(c) Obeying rules created by gods.
(d) Constant accumulation of knowledge.
3. What does Socrates believe about the concept of objective truth?
(a) Every man has it in him to know objective truth absolutely.
(b) Any man who seeks objective truth is a great fool.
(c) Men should strive for it, even if in the end they do not attain it.
(d) There is no such thing as objective truth.
4. What sentence does Meletus suggest for Socrates?
(a) A fine.
(b) An imprisonment of ten years.
(c) An imprisonment of one year.
5. What city does Euthyphro take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Socrates believe speaks to him, as expressed in Euthyphro?
2. On which point in Crito does Socrates differ markedly from his position in Apology?
3. What is Euthyphro's profession?
4. What is the name of Zeus' father?
5. What does Socrates tell the jury after his sentence is decided?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)