|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Crito.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Socrates put on trial?
(a) For corrupting the youth.
(b) For indecent exposure.
(c) For murder.
(d) For embezzlement.
2. How convinced was Crito by the defense Socrates provided during his trial?
(a) Somewhat convinced.
(b) He did not attend the trial.
(c) Not convinced at all.
(d) Very convinced.
3. How does Socrates' respond to Crito's worry over Socrates' reputation?
(a) Socrates pleads with Crito to restore his legacy.
(b) Socrates actually wants his reputation to be as bad as possible.
(c) Socrates shares Crito's concern.
(d) Regardless of reputation, he must obey the law.
4. Why does Socrates compare himself to a subhuman pest?
(a) He is small but dangerous.
(b) He is always underfoot.
(c) It takes more than poison to kill him.
(d) He wakes up the Athenian people.
5. What is the name of Zeus' father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes a law just, according to Socrates?
2. To Socrates, what would illegally breaking out of prison constitute?
3. What is Socrates' definition of piety?
4. How can Crito's emotional state during Socrates' trial be characterized?
5. Which segment of society is Socrates charged with having a bad influence on?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)