|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Crito.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimate sentence is handed down by the jury?
(a) Death by poison.
(b) Life imprisonment.
(c) Death by hanging.
(d) A fine.
2. What does Crito think about the justice or injustice of the trial? Why?
(a) The trial was unjust, because Meletus the prosecutor tricked the jury.
(b) The trial was just, because Socrates was truly guilty.
(c) The trial was just, because Socrates deserved his fate, given his lackluster defense.
(d) The trial was unjust, because Socrates didn't do his proper duty to defend himself.
3. Citizens could not be good individuals without what?
4. What is the profession of Socrates?
5. How does Socrates compare death to sleep?
(a) Since sleep is good, death is good.
(b) Sleep, like death, is often filled with frightening visions.
(c) Sleep is restful, but death is a never-resting state.
(d) The only thing similar is the closing of the eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates tell the jury after his sentence is decided?
2. While arguing about his way of life, how does Socrates position himself with respect to Athens?
3. What explains Socrates' stance on political activity?
4. Socrates and Crito agree that the individual should follow what?
5. What does Socrates say about the accusation that he is engaged in scientific pursuits?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)