|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Crito.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Socrates object to the notion that piety is a system of exchange between gods and men?
(a) The "currency" between gods and men does not translate well.
(b) There is no delivery system in place for the exchange.
(c) Men can never offer the one thing the gods truly crave: mortality.
(d) Gods could not possibly need anything from humans.
2. Which is the second of three Socratic dialogues written by Plato?
(a) The Clouds.
3. What does Socrates have Euthyphro agree about, in regards to love?
(a) Love always depends on exactly three parties.
(b) Things that are loved, are loved because they are loved by someone.
(c) Love, like the top of Mount Olympus, can never truly be known.
(d) Love is the mutual lack of disrespect between two people.
4. What verdict does the jury deliver in Socrates' trial?
(a) It was the equivalent of a hung jury.
(d) Guilty by reason of mental disease.
5. What city does Euthyphro take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. When is an expert undermined?
2. What does Socrates tell his friends and supporters after his sentence is decided?
3. Why does Socrates compare himself to Achilles?
4. What is the profession of Socrates?
5. How does Socrates compare death to sleep?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)