|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Plato's Crito.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the third and final Socratic dialogue written by Plato?
(c) The Clouds.
2. When is an expert undermined?
(a) When a law is broken.
(b) When laws are followed.
(c) When knowledge wins out over power.
(d) When the gods are angered.
3. Why is "true speech" often not persuasive?
(a) It is hard to properly present.
(b) No one wants to hear the truth about how ugly they are.
(c) It is so elegant that everyone falls in love with the words, failing to see the truthful content.
(d) True speech is often delivered by politicians, who are always at odds with citizens.
4. What topic does Socrates discuss to dismantle Euthyphro's initial definition of piety?
5. Why does the Athenian community treat Euthyphro with contempt and derision?
(a) He frequently dresses up as a woman.
(b) He is claiming an olive tree orchard that is not his.
(c) He is putting his own father on trial.
(d) He stole chickens from his own brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in Crito?
2. How does society react to a philosopher who tells the truth, according to Socrates?
3. What sentence does Meletus suggest for Socrates?
4. What is prophecy?
5. Who is Socrates' prosecutor in his trial?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)