Essay Topic 1
Provide a context for Plato's Euthyphro, Crito, and Apology. What events do these texts cover? What form are they written in, and what is the structure of this form? What characterization of Socrates does Plato offer in these texts?
Essay Topic 2
1) Explain the Socratic method. How is the method structured? What is the aim of this method? What logic is it based from? Why is Socrates known for this method?
2) Examine the discussion of piety in Euthyphro. How is the Socratic method used in this instance?
3) Examine the discussion of injustice in Crito. How is the Socratic method used in this instance?
Essay Topic 3
Piety is an important topic in the dialogues of Plato.
1) What stance does Socrates take in regards to piety in Euthyphro? What definition of piety does he offer, and how does he refute Euthyphro's definition?
2) How does Socrates compare his spiritual beliefs...
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)