|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom, according to the last part of "Little Gidding," are "we" born?
(a) The dead.
(b) The world.
(c) Our parents.
(d) Our children.
2. The speaker questions whether or not who had "deceived us / Or deceived themselves" in Part II of "East Coker"?
(a) The quiet-voiced elders.
(b) The ethereally moving lights.
(c) The smiling-eyed ancients.
(d) The soft-spoken whispers.
3. The speaker claims in Part V of "East Coker" that what "is most nearly itself / When here and now cease to matter"?
4. What is said to be "heard so deeply / That it is not heard at all," in Part V of "The Dry Salvages"?
5. What does the speaker, in Part I of "East Coker" state that his auditor can hear in the open field on a summer midnight?
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker asks in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" when there will be an end to "the unprayable / Prayer at the calamitous" what?
2. According to the speaker, the brown god's rhythm "was present in the nursery bedroom, / In the rank ailanthus of" the dooryard of what month?
3. The first of the "conditions which often look alike" in Part III of "Little Gidding" is said to be attachment to what?
4. What is heard under "the oppression of the silent fog" in the first part of "The Dry Salvages"?
5. By a grace of what was the speaker surrounded in "Burnt Norton," Part II?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)