|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the answer to the question in Part IV of "Little Gidding," "Who then devised the torment"?
(c) The dove.
2. "But to apprehend / The point of intersection of the timeless / With time, is an occupation for" whom according to Part V of "The Dry Salvages"?
(a) The common man.
(b) The saint.
(c) The mystic.
(d) The philosopher.
3. The final line of Part III of "East Coker" claims that "where you are is" what?
(a) Where you have been.
(b) Where you are.
(c) Where you will be.
(d) Where you are not.
4. By a grace of what was the speaker surrounded in "Burnt Norton," Part II?
5. Near the end of Part I of "Little Gidding," it is said that "the communication / Of the dead is tongued with" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker states, in the first part of "Burnt Norton," that what "might have been" is a(n) what?
2. How many years "largely wasted, the years of l'entre deux guerres," does the speaker mention having passed in Part V of "East Coker"?
3. Across what does the light fall, mentioned by the speaker in Part I of "East Coker" after the second time he utters the phrase "In my beginning is my end"?
4. In Part II of "East Coker," against what does the "Scorpion" fight?
5. The speaker states in "Little Gidding"'s first part that "you are here... Where prayer has been valid" to do what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)