|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hedgerow is said in Part I of "Little Gidding" to be "blanched for an hour with transitory blossom" of what?
(d) Celestial tears.
2. With what are the "tattered arras" woven in Part I of "East Coker"?
(a) Luminescent thread.
(b) Disconsolate eyes.
(c) A field-mouse.
(d) A silent motto.
3. The passengers on the train in Part III of "The Dry Salvages" are said to be not escaping from what?
(a) The past.
(b) The future.
4. What does the speaker of East Coker parallel with "death" in the final lines of Part I of "East Coker"?
5. The speaker says near the end of Part III of "Little Gidding" that "We have taken from the defeated / What they had to leave us--a" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The speaker in the "The Dry Salvages"'s third part, enjoins his auditor to consider the future and the past with what?
2. What inhabits the garden of "Burnt Norton"'s first part?
3. Between what are the "children in the apple-tree... heard, half-heard" in the last part of "Little Gidding"?
4. In what do faith, hope, and love all reside, according to Part III of "East Coker"?
5. In what form is love caught, between un-being and being, according to Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)