|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Gidding.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what wisdom does the speaker hope to acquire, as stated near the end of Part II of "East Coker"?
(a) The wisdom of death.
(b) The wisdom of humility.
(c) The wisdom of God.
(d) The wisdom of old men.
2. The speaker questions whether or not who had "deceived us / Or deceived themselves" in Part II of "East Coker"?
(a) The soft-spoken whispers.
(b) The quiet-voiced elders.
(c) The ethereally moving lights.
(d) The smiling-eyed ancients.
3. Part I of "Little Gidding" states that there is "no wind, but" what in the "dark time of the year"?
(a) Blinding specks of light.
(b) Pentecostal fire.
(c) An answer on the air.
(d) Silent howling.
4. The first line of Part III of "Burnt Norton" states that "here is a place of" what?
(c) Time future.
5. What adjective is applied to "Friday" in the final line of Part IV of "East Coker"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what form is love caught, between un-being and being, according to Part V of "Burnt Norton"?
2. What is the "it" in "The Dry Salvages," Part II's final clause, "is what it always was"?
3. What is said to be "heard so deeply / That it is not heard at all," in Part V of "The Dry Salvages"?
4. The speaker says in Part I of "The Dry Salvages" that "Between midnight and dawn... the past is all" what?
5. The speaker says in Part II of "The Dry Salvages" that the God of the bone's prayer is whom?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)