|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Robert comment about Roberta's feet?
2. In The Chairs, what does the old man call the old woman?
3. What does Father Jack say Roberta's tongue is the color of?
4. What is Roberta wearing when she enters in Jack, or The Submission?
5. What repeatedly sounds during the play The Chairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's reaction upon seeing Roberta II?
2. How does Roberta II seduce Jack?
3. What does the orator say when he arrives?
4. What does Jack's sister tell him which leads to his eruption?
5. Discuss the use of language in Jack, or The Submission in relation to the other plays.
6. What does Jack say that makes his family celebrate him?
7. Describe the opening images of The Chairs.
8. What leads to Roberta's entrance? Describe it.
9. Discuss the similarities and differences between The Chairs and the other plays.
10. Describe the differences of character development in The Chairs versus the other plays.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of the professor in The Lesson to the old man in The Chairs. What similarities do they share? What differences?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Smiths and the Martins in The Bald Soprano. How do these characters switch roles in the play? What is the meaning of this?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of the play The Chairs. Where is the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution? Define these in your answer.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)