|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Chairs, what does the old woman offer the first arrival offstage?
2. What does Father Jack say Roberta's tongue is the color of?
(a) Tomato sauce.
3. What does Father Robert comment about Roberta's feet?
(a) They're truffled.
(b) They're hooved.
(c) They're big.
(d) They're fat.
4. Who gave Jack his first spankings in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Father Robert.
(c) Father Jack.
(d) Mother Jack.
5. What does Roberta have two of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the old man hired in The Chairs?
2. What does the old woman say her son accused them of killing in The Chairs?
3. What expression does Jack blurt out in an aside after the entrance of Roberta?
4. Jack's sister claims she's not, he's not, she's not, nor Jack is not a what?
5. In The Chairs, what does the old man call the old woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene of Jack, or The Submission.
2. What actually happens at the end of Jack, or The Submission?
3. What does Jack's sister tell him which leads to his eruption?
4. What is Jack's reaction upon seeing Roberta II?
5. Describe the main characters' interaction with their first guest in The Chairs.
6. Describe the absurdism of Grandmother and Grandfather Jack.
7. What is the reaction of the couple when the orator arrives in The Chairs? Describe him.
8. How is the absurdism different in The Chairs than the other plays?
9. Once the guests stop arriving, what does the couple do in The Chairs?
10. What leads to Roberta's entrance? Describe it.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)