|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Chairs, how old is the old woman?
2. Jack's sister claims she's not, he's not, she's not, nor Jack is not a what?
3. What does Jack's mother call him in the beginning of Jack, or The Submission?
(a) A mononster.
(b) A galoot.
(c) A monster.
(d) A bear.
4. What did Roberta II see in the water when she was going to take a bath?
(a) A giraffe.
(b) A rat.
(c) A guinea pig.
(d) An orangutang.
5. According to the old woman, how many children did the old man and old woman have in The Chairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Jack his first spankings in Jack, or The Submission?
2. In The Chairs, what does the first guest look like?
3. What city does the old man in The Chairs say collapsed?
4. The old man says to Belle, "will you be my Isolde and let me be your _____?"
5. In The Chairs, What does the old man offstage suggest the first guest put down offstage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the differences of character development in The Chairs versus the other plays.
2. Describe the opening images of The Chairs.
3. How is the absurdism different in The Chairs than the other plays?
4. Describe the main characters' interaction with their first guest in The Chairs.
5. What happens when Roberta's veil is lifted in Jack, or The Submission?
6. Describe the basic plot of Jack, or The Submission.
7. What is the absurdist statement in The Chairs?
8. Describe the opening scene of Jack, or The Submission.
9. How does Roberta II seduce Jack?
10. What happens to the character of The Chairs when their needs are met?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)