|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roberta have two of?
2. What are the final sounds from in The Chairs?
(a) The train arriving.
(b) The doorbell ringing.
(c) The boats arriving.
(d) The invisible audience.
3. In The Chairs, the old woman says, "My husband's not really misanthropic, he just loves _____."
4. What was it they used to call the third arrival in The Chairs?
(a) La Belle.
(c) Mademoiselle Marie.
5. In The Chairs, what does the old man call the old woman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack's mother call him in the beginning of Jack, or The Submission?
2. What is the third guest's husband's occupation in The Chairs?
3. What did the old man's brother say he had, which led to their breaking apart in The Chairs?
4. What does Jack say which causes his family to rush into his room with joy?
5. In The Chairs, who says, "I'm an orphan...dworfan"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the absurdist statement in The Chairs?
2. What story does the old man tell the old woman in The Chairs? How does it end?
3. What does the orator say when he arrives?
4. Discuss the use of language in Jack, or The Submission in relation to the other plays.
5. How does Roberta II seduce Jack?
6. What actually happens at the end of Jack, or The Submission?
7. What is the meaning of the end of Jack, or The Submission?
8. How is the absurdism different in The Chairs than the other plays?
9. What is Jack's reaction upon seeing Roberta II?
10. Describe the differences of character development in The Chairs versus the other plays.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)