|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diplomas does the pupil have in The Lesson?
(a) Arts and science.
(c) Biology and sociology.
(d) Math and science.
2. Geography and what are twin sisters, according to the professor in The Lesson?
3. How long has the professor lived in this town in The Lesson?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Where is Mrs. Martin originally from in The Bald Soprano?
5. What does the professor say of the weather in The Lesson?
(a) It is foggy and gray.
(b) It's snowing.
(c) It's not raining and not snowing either.
(d) It is raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. When leading her to say "autumn," what does the professor say it begins like?
2. How old is the pupil in The Lesson?
3. In what compartment of the train did the Martins ride in The Bald Soprano?
4. Where is Mr. Martin originally from in The Bald Soprano?
5. In attempting a partial doctorate, the professor says he must attempt to instruct the pupil in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about the title of The Bald Soprano?
2. Describe the relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Martin when they "meet."
3. What is the beginning conversation between the Smiths and the Martins like?
4. Which objects in The Lesson are "real?" Which are not?
5. What initial conversation takes place between the professor and the pupil in The Lesson?
6. What does Mary say in her aside to the audience in The Bald Soprano?
7. Describe the professor's discourse on philology.
8. Discuss tension and satire thematically in The Bald Soprano.
9. What is similar about The Bald Soprano to the other plays in the book?
10. What does the maid interrupt the professor and pupil for?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)