|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geography and what are twin sisters, according to the professor in The Lesson?
2. What is Bobby Watson's wife's name in The Bald Soprano?
(a) Michelle Watson.
(b) Jenny Watson.
(c) Sarah Watson.
(d) Bobby Watson.
3. Who is the Rumanian grocer that Mrs. Parker knows in The Bald Soprano?
(a) Andreas Gordovsky.
(b) Micheal Romanov.
(c) Popesco Rosenfield.
(d) Arlando Ignesonov.
4. In The Bald Soprano, the woman who asphyxiated herself by gas thought it was what?
(a) Her flashlight.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her comb.
(d) Her blanket.
5. In attempting a partial doctorate, the professor says he must attempt to instruct the pupil in what?
(a) Anatomy and geography.
(b) Geography and mathematics.
(c) Biology and horticulture.
(d) Linguistics and comparative philology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the professor go and take out of the drawer in the end of The Lesson?
2. What is Mrs. Martin's first name in The Bald Soprano?
3. The professor states in The Lesson, "It takes years and years to learn to _____. Thanks to science, we can achieve this in a few minutes."
4. Where is Mrs. Martin originally from in The Bald Soprano?
5. Where has Mr. Martin resided since coming to London in The Bald Soprano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about the title of The Bald Soprano?
2. What object does the professor take from the shelf? What does he do with it?
3. What does the professor do after the death of the pupil?
4. What happens in the beginning of The Lesson? What is the setting?
5. What is the effect of reading the stage directions before the action in The Lesson?
6. What do the stage directions in the beginning of The Lesson detail?
7. What do the Smiths and Martins respond to the fire chief? What does he do afterward?
8. What is similar about The Bald Soprano to the other plays in the book?
9. What does Mary say in her aside to the audience in The Bald Soprano?
10. What do the Smiths and Martins do after the fire chief has left?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)