|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the last guests to arrive in The Chairs, causing a blast of bright light?
(a) The Goddess.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The King.
2. What does Father Robert comment about Roberta's feet?
(a) They're big.
(b) They're hooved.
(c) They're fat.
(d) They're truffled.
3. What does Jack's father do to him early in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Abandons him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Murders him.
(d) Disowns him.
4. All of the characters, except who, could wear masks in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Mother Jack.
(d) Roberta I.
5. Who gave Jack his first spankings in Jack, or The Submission?
(b) Father Robert.
(c) Mother Jack.
(d) Father Jack.
6. In The Chairs, what does the old woman offer the first arrival offstage?
7. Who smacks Grandfather Jack in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Father Jack.
(c) Grandmother Jack.
(d) Mother Jack.
8. Jack's sister calls him a naughty what in Jack, or The Submission?
9. What does the orator look like when he enters in The chairs?
(a) An ancient Greek philosopher.
(b) A magician.
(c) A 19th century painter or poet.
(d) A Bohemian gypsy.
10. Who has the old man hired in The Chairs?
(a) A Janitor.
(b) A Stage Hand.
(c) A Mover.
(d) An Orator.
11. In The Chairs, What does the old man offstage suggest the first guest put down offstage?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her fur.
(c) Her raincoat.
(d) Her suitcase.
12. What are the final sounds from in The Chairs?
(a) The invisible audience.
(b) The doorbell ringing.
(c) The boats arriving.
(d) The train arriving.
13. In The Chairs, who says, "I'm an orphan...dworfan"?
(a) The Old Man.
(b) The Audience.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Orator.
14. The old man in the Chairs claims, "all my enemies have been ____ and all my friends have betrayed me."
15. What do the old man and old woman run out of in The Chairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Chairs, how old is the old woman?
2. What does Grandmother Jack tell Grandfather Jack to keep an eye on as they spy him leaving his room?
3. In The Chairs, what can be heard approaching in the distance?
4. What word does Mother Jack say always makes her weep?
5. What did the old man's brother say he had, which led to their breaking apart in The Chairs?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)