|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Jack say Roberta's tongue is the color of?
(c) Tomato sauce.
2. What does Father Robert comment about Roberta's feet?
(a) They're fat.
(b) They're hooved.
(c) They're big.
(d) They're truffled.
3. What does Jack's father do to him early in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Disowns him.
(b) Abandons him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Murders him.
4. What does the old woman say you use a leaf of beef, an hour of flour, a little gastric sugar?
(b) Crepes de Chine.
(c) Venison l'ambret.
5. Who taught Jack to roll his r's?
(a) Roberta I.
(b) Mother Jack.
(c) Father Jack.
(d) Father Robert.
6. Who calls Jack a "Kangareen" in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) Grandfather Jack.
(b) Father Jack.
(d) Mother Jack.
7. The old man in The Chairs states, "talk about the dignity of man! At least let's try to save face. Dignity is only ______."
(a) A generality.
(b) A lack of brutality.
(c) Skin deep.
(d) A shallow pool.
8. What word does Jacqueline call Jack which truly upsets him in Jack, or The Submission?
9. What is Jack's grandmother referred to as being in Jack, or The Submission?
10. What does the old man repeatedly remind the old woman to drink in The Chairs?
(a) Her water.
(b) Her wine.
(c) Her milk.
(d) Her tea.
11. The old man says to Belle, "will you be my Isolde and let me be your _____?"
12. What is Grandfather Jack referred to as?
13. How old does Roberta II say she was almost when she was born?
14. How much time per day does the old man devote to working on his message in The Chairs?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten hours.
(c) Five hours.
(d) Six hours.
15. Jack's sister claims she's not, he's not, she's not, nor Jack is not a what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Chairs, the old man says, "I wanted to cross the ____, and there were no more _____."
2. Who says, in the beginning of Jack, or The Submission, "never would I have believed you capable of this. You were my greatest hope"?
3. In The Chairs, what does the old woman offer the first arrival offstage?
4. In what business was Grandfather Jack in Jack, or The Submission?
5. What does Jack say which causes his family to rush into his room with joy?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)