|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the old woman, how many children did the old man and old woman have in The Chairs?
2. In what business was Grandfather Jack in Jack, or The Submission?
(a) The mail business.
(b) The grocery business.
(c) The Royal Navy.
(d) Secret service.
3. In The Chairs, what does the first guest look like?
4. How old does Roberta II say she was almost when she was born?
5. What expression does Jack blurt out in an aside after the entrance of Roberta?
(a) Red neck.
(b) Too fat.
(c) Too old.
(d) Hill billy.
6. What does Mother Jack call Father Jack in Jack, or The Submission?
7. Who taught Jack to roll his r's?
(a) Father Jack.
(b) Roberta I.
(c) Mother Jack.
(d) Father Robert.
8. Jack's sister tells their mother that all roads lead to where?
9. What does Jack say which causes his family to rush into his room with joy?
(a) "I love you--please come back!"
(b) "I'm going to the diner!"
(c) "I adore hashed brown potatoes!"
(d) "I am an unworthy pig!"
10. The old man in The Chairs speaks to the crowd, saying, "let us be united in time and in _____, even if we are not together in space, as we were in adversity."
11. What does Father Jack ask the Roberts if Roberta has?
12. The old man says to Belle, "will you be my Isolde and let me be your _____?"
13. In The Chairs, What does the old man offstage suggest the first guest put down offstage?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her raincoat.
(c) Her fur.
(d) Her suitcase.
14. What word does Jacqueline call Jack which truly upsets him in Jack, or The Submission?
15. What repeatedly sounds during the play The Chairs?
(a) The doorbell.
(b) The smoke alarm.
(c) The clock.
(d) The dog barking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Robert comment about Roberta's feet?
2. What does the old man repeatedly remind the old woman to drink in The Chairs?
3. The old man in The Chairs states, "talk about the dignity of man! At least let's try to save face. Dignity is only ______."
4. In The Chairs, what does the old woman offer the first arrival offstage?
5. All of the characters, except who, could wear masks in Jack, or The Submission?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)