|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a story about seeing a man in the underground reading a newspaper in The Bald Soprano?
(b) Mrs. Smith.
(c) Mr. Martin.
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. In The Lesson, the professor says that "our contemporary life has become most" what?
3. Geography and what are twin sisters, according to the professor in The Lesson?
4. What is the name of the Martins' daughter in The Bald Soprano?
5. What does the fire chief have orders to do in The Bald Soprano?
(a) Save innocent children.
(b) Extinguish all the fires in the city.
(c) Call on the Smiths for a domestic dispute.
(d) Check to make sure everyone has fire alarms.
6. How old is the professor in The Lesson?
7. How many strokes does the "English clock" strike at the beginning of The Bald Soprano?
8. What is Bobby Watson's wife's name in The Bald Soprano?
(a) Bobby Watson.
(b) Jenny Watson.
(c) Sarah Watson.
(d) Michelle Watson.
9. Of whom does the fire chief say, "It is she who extinguished my first fires"?
(a) Mrs. Smith.
10. What does the pupil say her parents want her to do, in addition to getting an education?
(b) Learn another language.
11. What does the professor say the pupil has a tendency to always do when doing arithmetic?
12. What is the maid's name in The Bald Soprano?
(b) Miss Jane.
13. What does the professor write on to illustrate numbers to the pupil?
(a) The floor.
(b) The table.
(c) A blackboard.
(d) A notebook.
14. Who says, "times are bad. That's true all over. It's the same this year with business and agriculture as it is with fires, nothing is prospering"?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Martin.
(c) The fire chief.
15. What did the Smiths' son want to drink at dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. In The Bald Soprano, Mr. Smith claims that only what is honest in England?
2. What language does the professor say that Turkish is very close to?
3. What have the Smith's had for dinner in the beginning of The Bald Soprano?
4. What does the professor wear when entering in The Lesson?
5. Who is "a good manager, thrifty, plays the piano," in The Bald Soprano?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)