|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is left on stage after the blackout at the end of The Bald Soprano?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The fire chief.
(d) The Martins.
2. What do the Smith's discuss about dinner in The Bald Soprano?
(a) The potatoes.
(b) The lamb.
(c) The eggs.
(d) The cobbler.
3. Whose mother courted Mr. Smith in The Bald Soprano?
(b) The fire chief's.
(c) Mr. Martin's.
(d) Mrs. Martin's.
4. What time does Mrs. Smith say it is when she first speaks to her husband in The Bald Soprano?
(a) Twelve o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Eleven o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
5. Who is seated on stage at the opening of The Bald Soprano?
(a) The Martins.
(b) The Warrens.
(c) The Kinsmen.
(d) The Smiths.
6. In what compartment of the train did the Martins ride in The Bald Soprano?
7. How old is the pupil in The Lesson?
8. How high does the pupil initially say she can count in The Lesson?
9. In The Bald Soprano, the woman who asphyxiated herself by gas thought it was what?
(a) Her comb.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her flashlight.
(d) Her blanket.
10. Mr. Smith, in The Bald Soprano, notes that they always give the age of death of deceased persons, but not so of whom?
(a) The children.
(b) The newly born.
(c) The French.
(d) The engaged couples.
11. Who, in the course of The Lesson, loses gaiety to become withdrawn and morose?
(a) The pupil.
(b) The maid.
(c) The professor.
(d) The visitor.
12. The professor states that if you utter several sounds at an accelerated speed, they will do what?
(a) Be inarticulate.
(b) Cling to each other.
(c) Become inaudible.
(d) Become slurred.
13. What story does Mrs. Smith tell in The Bald Soprano?
(a) "The Dog and the Cow."
(b) "The Mad Hatter."
(c) "The Snake and the Fox."
(d) "The Bouquet."
14. Where is Mrs. Martin originally from in The Bald Soprano?
15. In The Bald Soprano, who tells the audience, "My real name is Sherlock Holmes"?
(d) Mrs. Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another word for phonemes?
2. According to Mr. Smith in The Bald Soprano, all the Bobby Watsons are what?
3. Where would the professor just as soon live in The Lesson?
4. What does the maid say that philology leads to in The Lesson?
5. Who tells a story about seeing a man in the underground reading a newspaper in The Bald Soprano?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)