|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day were the Blumenthals liberated from the Nazis?
2. Where did Marion's mother get water from while on the train after leaving the camp in Germany?
3. How did Marion's mother feel when she made her discovery of the food in the abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
4. How much did Marion weigh when she was liberated?
5. What was the German word for watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marion feel when she received her first piece of new clothing?
2. What happened to the prisoners when they arrived at the train?
3. What led the Blumenthals to leave Westerbork?
4. What did the German guards order the prisoners to do each day while on the train?
5. What did the prisoners think the train was taking them to?
6. What devastating blow did the Blumenthal family suffer in May, 1944?
7. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
8. How was Marion's burn treated after the liberation?
9. What was Marion's first impression of Bergen-Belsen?
10. What nightmares did Marion have regarding her leg wound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adolph Hitler viewed the Jewish people as the cause for Germany's economic problems. Discuss Hitler's views.
Essay Topic 2
As an adult Marion became a public speaker. Discuss Marion's career and what she spoke about.
Essay Topic 3
Marion's hometown was Hoya, Germany. Discuss Marion's life in Hoya.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)