|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the train that the Blumenthals traveled on to reach Berlin?
2. When did the Germans take over the camp in Holland that the Blumenthals lived in?
3. How much time had passed between the first time the Blumenthals were in Holland and the second time?
4. How old was Marion when she was liberated?
5. What hospital was Marion's leg burn treated at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Marion's father die from?
2. What did the prisoners think the train was taking them to?
3. What were children in Eastern Europe sometimes given to nourish their bodies?
4. What was the only thing that gave Ruth strength to face the future after Walter's death?
5. What did Marion's mother find in the farmhouse they foraged?
6. What led the Blumenthals to leave Westerbork?
7. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
8. What were the traveling conditions going to Bergen-Belsen like?
9. What was the main reason that so many prisoners were evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
10. What was Marion's first impression of Bergen-Belsen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Adolph Hitler viewed the Jewish people as the cause for Germany's economic problems. Discuss Hitler's views.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the death of Marion's father and the effect that it had on his family.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the writing style that Marion Blumenthal Lazan and Lila Perl used in "Four Perfect Pebbles".
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)