|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Marion's mother have at the camp in Germany?
2. Who was Albala?
3. When did the Germans take over the camp in Holland that the Blumenthals lived in?
4. How much time had passed between the first time the Blumenthals were in Holland and the second time?
5. Were was Marion's family sent after the quarantine ended?
Short Essay Questions
1. What devastating blow did the Blumenthal family suffer in May, 1944?
2. Why were the Blumenthals evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
3. What was the main reason that so many prisoners were evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
4. What did the prisoners think the train was taking them to?
5. What were children in Eastern Europe sometimes given to nourish their bodies?
6. What happened to the prisoners when they arrived at the train?
7. What was the only thing that gave Ruth strength to face the future after Walter's death?
8. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
9. What did Marion's father die from?
10. What happened after the prisoners were liberated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1938 Marion's father was imprisoned for a short time. Discuss Walter's imprisonment and the effect it had on his family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Marion's childhood experiences affected her throughout her life.
Essay Topic 3
Adolph Hitler was the Nazi leader of Germany. Discuss how he was viewed by the rest of the world.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)