|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews actually made the transfer to Palestine?
2. What happened to some of the liberated prisoners because of overeating?
3. How much did Marion weigh when she was liberated?
4. What gift did a German guard give Marion's brother at the camp in Germany?
5. What disease was the most prevalent at the camp the Blumenthals lived in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led the Blumenthals to leave Westerbork?
2. What nightmares did Marion have regarding her leg wound?
3. What did Ruth say was the only way the family was able to survive the early months at Bergen-Belsen?
4. What food absolutely fascinated Marion in Holland?
5. What happened to the prisoners when they arrived at the train?
6. What were the traveling conditions going to Bergen-Belsen like?
7. What did Marion's father die from?
8. What devastating blow did the Blumenthal family suffer in May, 1944?
9. What was the main reason that so many prisoners were evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
10. Why were the liberated prisoners quarantined in Trobitz?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marion's paternal grandparents were a large part of her young life. Discuss the role that Marion's grandparents played in her life.
Essay Topic 2
The Blumenthal family was placed on a train they called "The Death Train" after leaving Bergen-Belsen. Discuss the family's time on the death train.
Essay Topic 3
Marion and her family finally made it to America in 1948. Discuss how they felt when they arrived in New York.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)