|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day each year did the Nazi party celebrate that they had come to power?
2. How old was Marion's mother when she married her father?
3. What was the name given to Hitler's attempt to overthrow the German government?
4. What did Marion feel was the second worst thing at the second concentration camp?
5. How old was Marion when she went to the second concentration camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Hitler begin his racist activities in Germany?
2. What did Marion feel was the worst part of life at Bergen-Belsen?
3. What was life like for the Blumenthal family in Holland?
4. Why did Marion's father dispose of his service revolver?
5. What was life like for the German-Jewish refugees of the mid to late 1930s?
6. How did Marion's parents meet?
7. What was the dress code at Bergen-Belsen?
8. What did the term "run into the wires" mean?
9. How did the Nazi party come into power in Germany?
10. What were living conditions like at Westerbork?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Blumenthal family was placed on a train they called "The Death Train" after leaving Bergen-Belsen. Discuss the family's time on the death train.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Marion's childhood experiences affected her throughout her life.
Essay Topic 3
Adolph Hitler viewed the Jewish people as the cause for Germany's economic problems. Discuss Hitler's views.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)