|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Marion's hometown in Germany?
2. In what year was Marion born?
3. What did the word that was written on the yellow star of David the Jews were forced to wear mean?
4. What German town was Herschel Grynszpan's hometown?
5. What valuable item did the Gestapo steal from the Blumenthal's on the first visit to their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Hitler begin his racist activities in Germany?
2. What laws were passed on August 17, 1938?
3. What was the dress code at Bergen-Belsen?
4. What view of Hitler's made him gain popularity?
5. What happened in Hanover, Germany on November 9th and 10th, 1938?
6. Why was life in the Sternlager section of Bergen-Belsen considered better than life in the other sections?
7. What happened to Ernst vom Rath in November 1938?
8. What did Hitler do in 1923 that caused an uproar?
9. Why did Marion's father dispose of his service revolver?
10. When and why was war declared on Germany?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As an adult Marion became a public speaker. Discuss Marion's career and what she spoke about.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Blumenthal family's life at Westerbork to their life at Bergen-Belsen.
Essay Topic 3
Typhus greatly affected the lives of the Jewish prisoners in Germany. Discuss the impact that typhus had on their lives and the concentration camps.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)