|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was the event of destroying the Jewish shops in Germany given?
2. How old was Marion when she went to the second concentration camp?
3. How many weeks after meeting did Marion's father propose to her mother?
4. When was war declared on Germany?
5. How old was Marion's mother when she married her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were living conditions like at Westerbork?
2. Why was finding four perfect pebbles so important to Marion?
3. What was day to day life at Bergen-Belsen like?
4. What happened to Ernst vom Rath in November 1938?
5. Why was life in the Sternlager section of Bergen-Belsen considered better than life in the other sections?
6. What was Marion's childhood in Hoya like?
7. Why did Marion's father dispose of his service revolver?
8. What laws were passed on August 17, 1938?
9. How did Marion's family keep their business open after Hitler ordered the boycott of Jewish businesses?
10. What did Hitler do in 1923 that caused an uproar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tone Lazan and Perl used in "Four Perfect Pebbles". Did the tone create a certain impression of Marion Blumenthal or affect the way that Blumenthal was portrayed throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the lives of Marion and her family in Germany in the 1930s and 40s to the lives of their non-Jewish German friends.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Blumenthal family's life at Westerbork to their life at Bergen-Belsen.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)