|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hitler made chancellor of Germany?
2. What did the word that was written on the yellow star of David the Jews were forced to wear mean?
3. What ship had the Blumenthal's paid for their passage to America on?
4. What was the name of Marion's brother?
5. When did the Blumenthal family receive their American visas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Marion's father in the early morning hours of November 10, 1938?
2. Why was life in the Sternlager section of Bergen-Belsen considered better than life in the other sections?
3. What did the government levy against the Jews on November 12th, 1938?
4. What was life like for the German-Jewish refugees of the mid to late 1930s?
5. What were Ruth's duties while at Westerbork?
6. What were living conditions like at Westerbork?
7. What was roll call at Bergen-Belsen like?
8. What was life like for the Blumenthal family in Holland?
9. Why did Hitler's attack against Jews seem strange?
10. What did Hitler do in 1923 that caused an uproar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marion's hometown was Hoya, Germany. Discuss Marion's life in Hoya.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Marion's childhood experiences affected her throughout her life.
Essay Topic 3
Marion and her family finally made it to America in 1948. Discuss how they felt when they arrived in New York.
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)