|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marion save up to buy with her allowance in Amsterdam?
(a) Chiclet gum.
(b) Chocolate bar.
(c) Bubble gum.
(d) Peanut butter.
2. How old was Albert at the end of the war?
(a) 13 1/2.
(d) 12 1/2.
3. Were was Marion's family sent after the quarantine ended?
(c) Great Britain.
4. What was the first new piece of clothing that Marion received while in Amsterdam?
(a) Flower patterned sundress.
(b) Flower patterned sweater.
(c) Striped sweater.
(d) Striped sundress.
5. What was the camp that the Blumenthals lived in renamed after the Germans took control?
(a) SS Controlled Camp, Westerbork.
(b) Police Supervised Transit Camp, Westerbork.
(c) Nazi Transit Camp, Westerbork.
(d) Transit Camp Westerbork.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease was the most prevalent at the camp the Blumenthals lived in Germany?
2. What condition did Marion have as a result of her eye muscles being unbalanced?
3. In what month was Albert's birthday?
4. What did the gas chamber at Auschwitz look like?
5. What German town did the train reach by April 15th, 1945?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Blumenthals evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
2. What did Marion's mother find in the farmhouse they foraged?
3. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
4. What happened to Marion's leg while she and her mother were cooking soup in the camp in Germany?
5. What did Marion's father die from?
6. What devastating blow did the Blumenthal family suffer in May, 1944?
7. What were the traveling conditions going to Bergen-Belsen like?
8. What food absolutely fascinated Marion in Holland?
9. Why were the liberated prisoners quarantined in Trobitz?
10. What did Ruth say was the only way the family was able to survive the early months at Bergen-Belsen?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)