|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What camp were the Blumenthals sent to upon arriving in Germany?
2. What German town did the train reach by April 15th, 1945?
3. Who ran the home that Marion and her brother were sent to a month after his birthday?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Cohen.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Baum.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Birnbaum.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Baulin.
4. What color was the powder that the doctors sprinkled on Marion's burn on her leg?
5. What animals scared Marion when she arrived at the camp in Germany?
(d) Police dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the Blumenthals stay with in Amsterdam?
2. How did Marion's mother feel when she made her discovery of the food in the abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
3. What type of rail car did the Blumenthals ride in on their departure from Holland?
4. In what German town were the Blumenthals liberated?
5. What did the phrase that the SS Guards called to the prisoners on the train each night mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Marion's burn treated after the liberation?
2. What did the prisoners think the train was taking them to?
3. What happened to Marion's leg while she and her mother were cooking soup in the camp in Germany?
4. Why were the Blumenthals evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
5. What kindness was shown to Marion by an SS guard at Bergen-Belsen?
6. What happened to the prisoners when they arrived at the train?
7. What were the traveling conditions going to Bergen-Belsen like?
8. What did Marion's father die from?
9. What led the Blumenthals to leave Westerbork?
10. What did Ruth say was the only way the family was able to survive the early months at Bergen-Belsen?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)