|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first new piece of clothing that Marion received while in Amsterdam?
(a) Striped sweater.
(b) Striped sundress.
(c) Flower patterned sundress.
(d) Flower patterned sweater.
2. In what month was Albert's birthday?
3. How long did it take the train that the Blumenthals traveled on to reach Berlin?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
4. What was the result of getting the disease that was prevalent at the camp in Germany?
(a) Loss of sanity.
(b) Loss of hair.
(c) Loss of limbs.
5. Where were the Blumenthals sent after leaving Holland?
(a) Celle, Germany.
(b) Hoya, Germany,
(c) Bergen, Germany.
(d) Belsen, Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Blumenthals receive permission to leave the camp in Holland?
2. What did Marion's mother find for her family to eat in an abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
3. What did the SS Guards call to the prisoners on the train each night?
4. Who wrote "Four Perfect Pebbles"?
5. What gift did a German guard give Marion's brother at the camp in Germany?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were telescope graves?
2. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
3. Why were the liberated prisoners quarantined in Trobitz?
4. What was the only thing that gave Ruth strength to face the future after Walter's death?
5. What was the main reason that so many prisoners were evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
6. What did the prisoners think the train was taking them to?
7. What devastating blow did the Blumenthal family suffer in May, 1944?
8. How was Marion's burn treated after the liberation?
9. What was Marion's first impression of Bergen-Belsen?
10. What did Ruth say was the only way the family was able to survive the early months at Bergen-Belsen?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)