|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the first group of evacuees in 1945 from Bergen-Belsen sent?
(b) Great Britian.
2. Where did Marion's mother get water from while on the train after leaving the camp in Germany?
(a) An SS guard.
(b) The engineer.
(c) A fellow prisoner.
(d) A creek on the side of the tracks.
3. When did Marion's father die?
(a) June 10th, 1945.
(b) June 8th, 1945.
(c) June 7th, 1945.
(d) June 9th, 1945.
4. How did Marion's mother feel when she made her discovery of the food in the abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
5. How much time had passed between the first time the Blumenthals were in Holland and the second time?
(a) 6 1/2 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 7 1/2 years.
(d) 8 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of rail car did the Blumenthals ride in on their departure from Holland?
2. What rotting vegetables did the Blumenthals eat right after leaving the camp in Germany?
3. How much did Marion's mother weigh when she was liberated?
4. Were was Marion's family sent after the quarantine ended?
5. How long did the train ride from Holland to Germany take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What food absolutely fascinated Marion in Holland?
2. What were telescope graves?
3. Why were the Blumenthals evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
4. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
5. How was Marion's burn treated after the liberation?
6. What did the German guards order the prisoners to do each day while on the train?
7. What did Marion's father die from?
8. What were children in Eastern Europe sometimes given to nourish their bodies?
9. What was the main reason that so many prisoners were evacuated from Bergen-Belsen?
10. Why were the liberated prisoners quarantined in Trobitz?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)