|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marion save up to buy with her allowance in Amsterdam?
(a) Chiclet gum.
(b) Bubble gum.
(c) Chocolate bar.
(d) Peanut butter.
2. In what month was Albert's birthday?
3. What was the camp that the Blumenthals lived in renamed after the Germans took control?
(a) Police Supervised Transit Camp, Westerbork.
(b) Nazi Transit Camp, Westerbork.
(c) Transit Camp Westerbork.
(d) SS Controlled Camp, Westerbork.
4. What camp were the Blumenthals sent to upon arriving in Germany?
5. How much of an allowance did Marion receive while in Amsterdam?
(a) 15 cents a week.
(b) 10 cents a week.
(c) 25 cents a week.
(d) 20 cents a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Marion weigh when she was liberated?
2. What condition did Marion have as a result of her eye muscles being unbalanced?
3. How many Jews were sent to Auschwitz between 1942 and 1944?
4. Were was Marion's family sent after the quarantine ended?
5. What was the first new piece of clothing that Marion received while in Amsterdam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nightmares did Marion have regarding her leg wound?
2. Why were the liberated prisoners quarantined in Trobitz?
3. What did Marion's mother find in the farmhouse they foraged?
4. What happened to the prisoners when they arrived at the train?
5. How was Marion's burn treated after the liberation?
6. What did Marion's father die from?
7. What happened to Marion's leg while she and her mother were cooking soup in the camp in Germany?
8. What were children in Eastern Europe sometimes given to nourish their bodies?
9. What kindness was shown to Marion by an SS guard at Bergen-Belsen?
10. How did Marion feel about returning to Holland?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)