|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marion feel was the worst thing at the second concentration camp?
(a) The work they had to do.
(b) The separation from her father.
(c) Gnawing hunger.
(d) The constant chill in the air.
2. When did Marion's parents get married?
(a) November, 1931.
(b) December, 1931.
(c) October, 1931.
(d) September, 1931.
3. On what day each year did the Nazi party celebrate that they had come to power?
(a) November 10th.
(b) November 12th.
(c) November 9th.
(d) November 11th.
4. What section of the 2nd concentration camp that Marion and her family were sent to were they housed in?
5. Who were the police aides in the concentration camps?
(a) Fellow prisoners.
(c) German youth.
(d) War criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Marion's father move her family after the death of his parents?
2. When did Hitler gain control of Poland?
3. Where did the Blumenthal family go after leaving Hanover in 1938?
4. Where did Marion's mother work when she was 20?
5. What did the word that was written on the yellow star of David the Jews were forced to wear mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ernst vom Rath in November 1938?
2. What laws were passed on August 17, 1938?
3. How did Marion's parents meet?
4. What did Hitler do in 1923 that caused an uproar?
5. How did the Nazi party come into power in Germany?
6. What was Marion's childhood in Hoya like?
7. What was day to day life at Bergen-Belsen like?
8. When did Hitler begin his racist activities in Germany?
9. Why did Marion's father dispose of his service revolver?
10. What was life like for the German-Jewish refugees of the mid to late 1930s?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)