|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declared war on Germany?
(a) France and Poland.
(b) Great Britain and France.
(c) Great Britain and Belgium.
(d) Poland and U.S.
2. How old was Marion's mother when she took a train ride across Northern Germany to find her future?
3. What ship had the Blumenthal's paid for their passage to America on?
(a) Nieuw Veendam.
(b) Nieuw Amsterdam.
4. How old was Marion's father when he married her mother?
5. How did Marion sleep her first weeks at the second concentration camp?
(a) Hiding under her bed.
(b) Curled in the fetal position.
(c) Huddled under a stack of blankets.
(d) Wrapped in her mother's arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the police aides in the concentration camps?
2. What was the daily food ration at the second concentration camp?
3. How many people were the barracks at the second concentration camp supposed to hold?
4. When was the first concentration camp opened in Germany?
5. What were Marion's paternal grandparent's names?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Ernst vom Rath in November 1938?
2. What was destroyed in the Autumn of 1938?
3. Why was finding four perfect pebbles so important to Marion?
4. What was the dress code at Bergen-Belsen?
5. Why did Hitler's attack against Jews seem strange?
6. What happened in Hanover, Germany on November 9th and 10th, 1938?
7. What was life like for the Blumenthal family in Holland?
8. What were Ruth's duties while at Westerbork?
9. What happened to Marion's father in the early morning hours of November 10, 1938?
10. What was Marion's childhood in Hoya like?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)