|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Marion when she went to the second concentration camp?
2. When did Marion's parents get married?
(a) September, 1931.
(b) November, 1931.
(c) October, 1931.
(d) December, 1931.
3. What was the name of the family that lived in the apartment above the Blumenthal's in Germany in 1938?
4. When had Hitler been arrested for trying to overthrow the German government?
(a) November 11th, 1923.
(b) November 9th, 1923.
(c) November 10th, 1923.
(d) November 12th, 1923.
5. When did Hitler order a boycott of Jewish businesses?
(a) April 4th, 1933.
(b) April 2nd, 1933.
(c) April 3rd, 1933.
(d) April 1st, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the police aides in the concentration camps?
2. What was the daily food ration at the second concentration camp?
3. What German town was Herschel Grynszpan's hometown?
4. What was the name given to Hitler's attempt to overthrow the German government?
5. How many weeks after meeting did Marion's father propose to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Nazi party come into power in Germany?
2. What did the government levy against the Jews on November 12th, 1938?
3. How did Marion's family keep their business open after Hitler ordered the boycott of Jewish businesses?
4. What did Marion feel was the worst part of life at Bergen-Belsen?
5. What was life like for the German-Jewish refugees of the early 1930s?
6. Why was finding four perfect pebbles so important to Marion?
7. What were living conditions like at Westerbork?
8. When and why was war declared on Germany?
9. What was roll call at Bergen-Belsen like?
10. What happened to Ernst vom Rath in November 1938?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)