|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What documents did Marion's mother take to negotiate her husband's release from the concentration camp?
(a) Marriage certificate.
(b) Jewish heritage papers.
(c) Army release papers.
(d) Immigration papers.
2. Where did Marion's mother work when she was 20?
(a) Shoe store.
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Flower store.
3. What were Marion's paternal grandparent's names?
(a) Lini and Max Blumenthal.
(b) Tom and Johanna Blumenthal.
(c) Johanna and Max Blumenthal.
(d) Lini and Tom Blumenthal.
4. Who were the police aides in the concentration camps?
(a) German youth.
(c) Fellow prisoners.
(d) War criminals.
5. What German town was Herschel Grynszpan's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Marion sleep her first weeks at the second concentration camp?
2. What was the name of the family that lived in the apartment above the Blumenthal's in Germany in 1938?
3. What was the first camp Marion's family was sent to?
4. What ship had the Blumenthal's paid for their passage to America on?
5. How many times a day was roll call called at the second concentration camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was destroyed in the Autumn of 1938?
2. How did Marion's parents meet?
3. What was the dress code at Bergen-Belsen?
4. What happened in Hanover, Germany on November 9th and 10th, 1938?
5. What did Hitler do to Polish Jews on October 28, 1938?
6. What were Ruth's duties while at Westerbork?
7. Why were prisoners required to wear the star of David?
8. What happened to Marion's father in the early morning hours of November 10, 1938?
9. What was roll call at Bergen-Belsen like?
10. When and why was war declared on Germany?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)