|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Marion's father die?
(a) June 9th, 1945.
(b) June 10th, 1945.
(c) June 7th, 1945.
(d) June 8th, 1945.
2. How many people could be killed every 24 hours at Auschwitz between 1943 and 1944?
3. What did Marion's father trade for extra bread rations at the camp in Germany?
(c) Playing cards.
4. What was the term given to the Jewish people sent to Holland in 1945?
(d) Displaced persons.
5. How many Jews were supposed to be transferred to Palestine from Germany in 1944?
6. What happened to some of the liberated prisoners because of overeating?
(a) They got dysentary.
(b) They became dehydrated.
(c) They died.
(d) They vomited uncontrollably.
7. Who did the Blumenthals stay with in Amsterdam?
(a) Tante Gerda and Uncle Ernst.
(b) Tante Olga and Uncle Ernst.
(c) Tante Olga and Uncle Roths.
(d) Tante Gerda and Uncle Roths.
8. What camp were the Blumenthals sent to upon arriving in Germany?
9. What job did Marion's mother have at the camp in Germany?
(a) Kitchen work.
(d) Medical assistant.
10. What did the SS Guards call to the prisoners on the train each night?
(a) Taten Rous.
(b) Toten Raus.
(c) Taten Raus.
(d) Totan Raush.
11. What did Marion save up to buy with her allowance in Amsterdam?
(a) Peanut butter.
(b) Chiclet gum.
(c) Bubble gum.
(d) Chocolate bar.
12. What was the second most prevalent disease at the camp the Blumenthals lived in Germany?
(a) Whooping cough.
13. What did Marion's family eat for the first time after being liberated?
14. How much did Marion weigh when she was liberated?
(a) 35 lbs.
(b) 50 lbs.
(c) 40 lbs.
(d) 45 lbs.
15. What was the German word for watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals scared Marion when she arrived at the camp in Germany?
2. What German city did Hitler take refuge in?
3. What were the graves that the dead prisoners in Trobitz were buried in called?
4. What did the phrase that the SS Guards called to the prisoners on the train each night mean?
5. On what day were the Blumenthals liberated from the Nazis?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)