|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the German word for watch?
2. How many Jews were sent to Auschwitz between 1942 and 1944?
3. What did the phrase that the SS Guards called to the prisoners on the train each night mean?
(a) Out with the dead.
(b) Throw out the corpses.
(c) Discard your dead.
(d) Relinquish the dead.
4. What drink was sometimes given to children in Europe during the mid 1900s to nourish their bodies?
5. What German town did the train reach by April 15th, 1945?
6. What river did the train the Blumenthals traveled on cross before reaching Berlin?
7. What did Marion have nightmares about while in Trobitz?
(a) Being taken prisoner again.
(b) Having her leg amputated.
(d) Losing her family.
8. What camp were the Blumenthals sent to upon arriving in Germany?
9. What condition did Marion have as a result of her eye muscles being unbalanced?
(a) Blind in left eye.
(b) Blurred vision.
(c) Blind in right eye.
(d) Cross eyed.
10. What did Marion save up to buy with her allowance in Amsterdam?
(a) Chocolate bar.
(b) Chiclet gum.
(c) Bubble gum.
(d) Peanut butter.
11. How long did it take the train that the Blumenthals traveled on to reach Berlin?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 weeks.
12. How old was Albert at the end of the war?
(a) 13 1/2.
(b) 12 1/2.
13. How long did the train ride from Holland to Germany take?
(a) 7 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
14. What did Marion's family eat for the first time after being liberated?
15. How old was Marion when she was liberated?
(a) 10 1/2.
(c) 11 1/2.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ruth when she became a widow?
2. How many bags was each family member allowed to take when leaving Holland?
3. What was the result of getting the disease that was prevalent at the camp in Germany?
4. What was the camp that the Blumenthals lived in renamed after the Germans took control?
5. What did the gas chamber at Auschwitz look like?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)