|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease was the most prevalent at the camp the Blumenthals lived in Germany?
(c) Whooping cough.
2. What did Marion save up to buy with her allowance in Amsterdam?
(a) Chiclet gum.
(b) Bubble gum.
(c) Chocolate bar.
(d) Peanut butter.
3. What rotting vegetables did the Blumenthals eat right after leaving the camp in Germany?
4. How much did Marion's mother weigh when she was liberated?
(a) 90 lbs.
(b) 80 lbs.
(c) 75 lbs.
(d) 85 lbs.
5. What happened to some of the liberated prisoners because of overeating?
(a) They became dehydrated.
(b) They died.
(c) They vomited uncontrollably.
(d) They got dysentary.
6. What gift did a German guard give Marion's brother at the camp in Germany?
(a) A banana.
(b) An apple.
(c) A plum.
(d) A tomato.
7. What type of rail car did the Blumenthals ride in on their departure from Holland?
(a) 1st class carriage.
(b) Cattle car.
(c) 2nd class carriage.
(d) 3rd class carriage.
8. When did the Blumenthals receive permission to leave the camp in Holland?
(a) February 1, 1944.
(b) January 30, 1944.
(c) January 31, 1944.
(d) February 2, 1944.
9. How old was Marion when she was liberated?
(a) 11 1/2.
(b) 10 1/2.
10. What drink was sometimes given to children in Europe during the mid 1900s to nourish their bodies?
11. What German city did Hitler take refuge in?
12. On what day were the Blumenthals liberated from the Nazis?
(a) April 23rd, 1945.
(b) April 26th, 1945.
(c) April 24th, 1945.
(d) April 25th, 1945.
13. What animals scared Marion when she arrived at the camp in Germany?
(b) Police dogs.
14. What nationality were the soldiers that liberated the Blumenthals?
15. Were was Marion's family sent after the quarantine ended?
(c) Great Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marion have nightmares about while in Trobitz?
2. What river did the train the Blumenthals traveled on cross before reaching Berlin?
3. What job did Marion's mother have at the camp in Germany?
4. Where were the Blumenthals sent after leaving Holland?
5. What did the SS Guards call to the prisoners on the train each night?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)