|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the train ride from Holland to Germany take?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 5 hours.
2. How many bags was each family member allowed to take when leaving Holland?
3. When did Germany surrender in the war?
(a) May 8th, 1945.
(b) May 10th, 1945.
(c) May 7th, 1945.
(d) May 9th, 1945.
4. What did Marion's family eat for the first time after being liberated?
5. What did the gas chamber at Auschwitz look like?
(a) Public bathroom.
(d) Public shower.
6. Where were Marion and her brother sent a month after his 13th birthday?
(a) Youth Aliyah home.
(b) Jewish home for displaced youth.
(c) Palestine Home.
(d) Jewish Youth home.
7. How many of the prisoners on the train with the Blumenthals died before the liberation?
8. What drink was sometimes given to children in Europe during the mid 1900s to nourish their bodies?
9. What did Marion's mother do to Marion's hair in Trobitz to keep her from getting lice?
(a) Bleached it.
(b) Shampooed it in vinegar.
(c) Shaved it.
(d) Slather it with mayonnaise.
10. What disease caused the death of Marion's father?
(d) Whooping cough.
11. Who did the Blumenthals stay with in Amsterdam?
(a) Tante Olga and Uncle Roths.
(b) Tante Gerda and Uncle Ernst.
(c) Tante Gerda and Uncle Roths.
(d) Tante Olga and Uncle Ernst.
12. How long were the Jewish in Trobitz required to stay there for quarantine after the war ended?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 2 months.
13. What was the camp that the Blumenthals lived in renamed after the Germans took control?
(a) SS Controlled Camp, Westerbork.
(b) Police Supervised Transit Camp, Westerbork.
(c) Transit Camp Westerbork.
(d) Nazi Transit Camp, Westerbork.
14. What color was the powder that the doctors sprinkled on Marion's burn on her leg?
15. What did the phrase that the SS Guards called to the prisoners on the train each night mean?
(a) Throw out the corpses.
(b) Relinquish the dead.
(c) Discard your dead.
(d) Out with the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Marion when she was liberated?
2. How long did it take the train that the Blumenthals traveled on to reach Berlin?
3. What gift did a German guard give Marion's brother at the camp in Germany?
4. What was the result of getting the disease that was prevalent at the camp in Germany?
5. What did Marion's father trade for extra bread rations at the camp in Germany?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)