|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marion's childhood hobby while living at the camps?
(a) Collecting foil wrappings.
(c) Collecting pebbles.
2. Where did Marion's paternal grandparents live as long as Marion could remember?
(a) Across the street from Marion's family.
(b) In the apartment below Marion's family.
(c) Next door to Marion's family.
(d) In the apartment above Marion's family.
3. How old was Marion when she went to the second concentration camp?
4. In what year did the Nazi party become the largest party in Germany?
5. What did Marion feel was the second worst thing at the second concentration camp?
(a) The constant chill in the air.
(b) Gnawing hunger.
(c) The work they had to do.
(d) The separation from her father.
6. To what concentration camp were the men from Hanover, Germany taken to on November 10th, 1938?
7. Marion's hometown was between which two towns in Germany?
(a) Bremen and Treptow.
(b) Hanover and Bremen.
(c) Hanover and Treptow.
(d) Bremen and Jorsfelde.
8. What German town was Herschel Grynszpan's hometown?
9. What valuable item did the Gestapo steal from the Blumenthal's on the first visit to their home?
(d) The family store.
10. What was the name of the family that lived in the apartment above the Blumenthal's in Germany in 1938?
11. What documents did Marion's mother take to negotiate her husband's release from the concentration camp?
(a) Jewish heritage papers.
(b) Army release papers.
(c) Immigration papers.
(d) Marriage certificate.
12. When did Hitler gain control of Poland?
(a) September 4th, 1939.
(b) September 2nd, 1939.
(c) September 3rd, 1939.
(d) September 1st, 1939.
13. How long was Marion's father held prisoner for the first time he was sent to a concentration camp?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 ½ weeks.
(c) 2 1/2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
14. How many Jewish people had relocated to the Netherlands from Germany by 1939?
15. Who were the police aides in the concentration camps?
(a) German youth.
(b) Fellow prisoners.
(d) War criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Marion's favorite childhood game?
2. What did Marion mistake a wagon load of dead prisoners at the second concentration camp for?
3. When did the Blumenthal's plan to set sail for America?
4. What illness did the Blumenthal children have in November, 1938?
5. What middle name were all Jewish women forced to take in August, 1938?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)