|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was the event of destroying the Jewish shops in Germany given?
2. What month was the Blumenthal's departure to America rescheduled for?
(a) July 1940.
(b) June 1940.
(c) August 1940.
(d) September 1940.
3. What middle name were all Jewish women forced to take in August, 1938?
4. What was the first thing that was done every morning at the second concentration camp?
(a) The reading of the names of the dead.
(c) Bed check.
(d) Roll call.
5. When did Marion's family board the train to leave Germany?
(a) January, 1939.
(b) March, 1939.
(c) April, 1939.
(d) February, 1939.
6. How many Jewish people had relocated to the Netherlands from Germany by 1939?
7. What were Marion's favorite childhood game?
(b) Jump ropes.
8. In what year was Marion born?
9. When did the Blumenthal's plan to set sail for America?
(a) April 1940.
(b) May 1940.
(c) June 1940.
(d) March 1940.
10. What countries did Germany invade on May 10th, 1940?
(a) Holland, Belgium, Denmark and Norway.
(b) Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg and France.
(c) France, Luxembourg, Holland and Denmark.
(d) Denmark, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Holland.
11. In what year did the Nazi party become the largest party in Germany?
12. What word was written on the yellow star of David that the Jews were forced to wear?
13. What was the daily food ration at the second concentration camp?
(a) Cup of turnip soup and chunk of cabbage.
(b) Chunk of black bread and cup of turnip soup.
(c) Chunk of black bread and cup of cabbage soup.
(d) Chunk of black bread and a couple of turnips.
14. On what day was Marion's father warned to get rid of his service revolver?
(a) November 11th, 1938.
(b) November 10th, 1938.
(c) November 9th, 1938.
(d) November 12th, 1938.
15. When was Anti-Semitism made a part of German law?
(a) September 17th, 1935.
(b) September 16th, 1935.
(c) September 18th, 1935.
(d) September 15th, 1935.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Marion's hometown in Germany?
2. Where was the Blumenthal family moved to in December, 1939?
3. What did Marion call her paternal grandparents?
4. What was the name of the first concentration camp opened in Germany?
5. When was Rotterdam bombed by Germany?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)