|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were forced to live in the barracks at the second concentration camp?
2. When was the first concentration camp opened in Germany?
3. When did the Blumenthal family receive their American visas?
(a) January 1940.
(b) March 1940.
(c) April 1940.
(d) February 1940.
4. What countries did Germany invade on April 10, 1940?
(a) Denmark and Holland.
(b) Norway and Belgium.
(c) Denmark and Norway.
(d) Holland and Belgium.
5. How many people were the barracks at the second concentration camp supposed to hold?
6. What month was the Blumenthal's departure to America rescheduled for?
(a) July 1940.
(b) September 1940.
(c) August 1940.
(d) June 1940.
7. Who declared war on Germany?
(a) Great Britain and France.
(b) Poland and U.S.
(c) France and Poland.
(d) Great Britain and Belgium.
8. What was the first camp Marion's family was sent to?
9. What did the prisoners call the police aides?
10. What section of the 2nd concentration camp that Marion and her family were sent to were they housed in?
11. What was the name of Marion's hometown in Germany?
12. How many Jewish shops were looted and destroyed on November 10th, 1938?
13. What name was the event of destroying the Jewish shops in Germany given?
14. How old was Marion's mother when she took a train ride across Northern Germany to find her future?
15. What was the name of the family that lived in the apartment above the Blumenthal's in Germany in 1938?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the friend who warned Marion's father to get rid of his service revolver?
2. How many Jewish men were taken to concentration camps on November 10th, 1938?
3. What was the name of the customs agency on the German/Dutch border?
4. What did Marion mistake a wagon load of dead prisoners at the second concentration camp for?
5. Marion's hometown was between which two towns in Germany?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)