|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, America, at Last, Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Germany surrender in the war?
(a) May 7th, 1945.
(b) May 8th, 1945.
(c) May 9th, 1945.
(d) May 10th, 1945.
2. What did Marion's mother do to Marion's hair in Trobitz to keep her from getting lice?
(a) Slather it with mayonnaise.
(b) Shampooed it in vinegar.
(c) Shaved it.
(d) Bleached it.
3. Where did the Blumenthal family go after 3 months in Holland?
(a) An apartment in Amsterdam.
(b) A refugee camp in Gouda.
(c) Back to Germany.
(d) To a shelter in the mountains.
4. What gift did a German guard give Marion's brother at the camp in Germany?
(a) A plum.
(b) A tomato.
(c) A banana.
(d) An apple.
5. What language did Marion learn at the home that she and her brother were sent to a month after his birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Blumenthals arrive in their new American hometown?
2. What did Marion's mother find for her family to eat in an abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
3. What was Marion's childhood hobby while living at the camps?
4. What countries did Germany invade on April 10, 1940?
5. What was the first camp Marion's family was sent to?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)