|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Freedom and Sorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the customs agency on the German/Dutch border?
(a) Zollfan Stelle.
(b) Fahndungs Stelle.
(d) Zollfahndungs Stelle.
2. What name was the event of destroying the Jewish shops in Germany given?
3. What did the gas chamber at Auschwitz look like?
(c) Public shower.
(d) Public bathroom.
4. How did Marion's mother feel when she made her discovery of the food in the abandoned farmhouse after they were liberated?
5. What documents did Marion's mother take to negotiate her husband's release from the concentration camp?
(a) Army release papers.
(b) Immigration papers.
(c) Jewish heritage papers.
(d) Marriage certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the liberated prisoners because of overeating?
2. When did the Blumenthals receive permission to leave the camp in Holland?
3. When had Hitler been arrested for trying to overthrow the German government?
4. What type of rail car did the Blumenthals ride in on their departure from Holland?
5. What illness did the Blumenthal children have in November, 1938?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)