|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
2. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
3. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
4. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
5. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
Essay Topic 1
Examine Mrs. Alving's "ghosts." When do they appear? As whom do they appear? What echoes of her past does she see in the present? Is she able to escape any of her past experiences? What is her character's arc throughout the play? Be sure to provide textual examples.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationship between Nora and Torvald and Mrs. Linde and Krogstad in A DOLL'S HOUSE. Which couple experiences the miracle that Nora has so hoped for? How does Torvald's behavior contribute to Nora's ultimate decision to leave him?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the climax and the secondary climax of HEDDA GABLER. In which acts do these events occur? How does the secondary climax lead to the ultimate resolution in the play? What other events lead up to the play's final, climactic moment?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)