|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) An embroidery.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A photograph.
(d) His manuscript.
2. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
(a) She thought it was horribly tedious.
(b) She thought it was so exciting.
(c) She was completely exhausted by the trip.
(d) She thought it was the most interesting experience.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(b) Hilde Wangel.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Dr. Rank.
4. Who arrives with news of Lovborg's attempted suicide?
(a) Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) Aunt Julle.
(d) Mr. Brack.
5. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(c) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(d) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
2. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
3. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
4. Why has Hilde come?
5. What does Solness plan to hang from the tower of his new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
2. Why does Hedda refrain from visiting Aunt Rina?
3. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
4. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
5. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
6. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
7. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
8. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
9. What imminent threat does Tesman face now that Lovborg has a successful book?
10. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)