|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hedda's father's career?
(a) He was a clergyman.
(b) He was a cobbler.
(c) He was a general.
(d) He was a teacher.
2. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(d) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
3. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(c) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
(d) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
4. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a shop.
(b) For a church.
(c) For a home.
(d) For a town hall.
5. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
(a) A fading beauty of advancing years.
(b) An aristocratic figure with steel-gray eyes.
(c) A frivolous blond with mounds of curls.
(d) A rough person of swarthy complexion.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
4. Why has Hilde come?
5. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)