|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(b) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
(c) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
(d) He requests a partnership in the company.
2. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(b) She hopes for a new puppy.
(c) She hopes for a job.
(d) She hopes for a husband.
3. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Aunt Julle.
(b) Mr. Brack.
(d) Aunt Rina.
4. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She has the courage to act.
(b) She has a lovely singing voice.
(c) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
(d) She is beautiful to look at.
5. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
(a) Kaja threatens to leave him forever.
(b) Aline threatens to kill herself.
(c) Hilde threatens him with a pistol.
(d) Hilde threatens that she will no longer believe he is a good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
2. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
3. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
4. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
5. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hedda end up with Lovborg's manuscript?
2. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
3. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
4. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
5. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
6. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
7. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
8. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
9. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
10. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)