|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a new puppy.
(b) She hopes for a job.
(c) She hopes for a husband.
(d) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
2. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased new shoes.
(b) She purchased a parasol.
(c) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(d) She purchased a new hat.
3. What destroyed Solness and Aline's original home?
(a) A flood.
(b) A tornado.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A fire.
4. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(b) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(c) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(d) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
5. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
2. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
3. What happened to the children?
4. What children did Solness and Aline have?
5. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
2. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
3. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
4. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
5. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
6. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
7. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
8. How does Hedda end up with Lovborg's manuscript?
9. What is Ragnar's ambition?
10. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)