|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
(a) He made a promise to her father that he would take care of her.
(b) He is in love with her and wants to marry her.
(c) She is excellent at her job and he could ask for no one better.
(d) He wants to keep Ragnar under his thumb.
2. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the oboe.
(b) She plays the harpsichord.
(c) She plays the guitar.
(d) She plays the piano.
3. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) Back at her home in the country.
(b) In town, by the singer's house.
(c) In his own home.
(d) At Aunt Julle's house.
4. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
(b) He composed a large concerto.
(c) He has written a well-received book.
(d) He built a beautiful mansion.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
(a) He tells her he was disgusted with it and destroyed it.
(b) He tells her it has been bought by a publishing company.
(c) He tells her he lost it and begs her forgiveness.
(d) He tells her Hedda has stolen it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hedda's father's career?
2. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
3. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
4. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
5. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
2. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
3. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
4. Why does Hedda refrain from visiting Aunt Rina?
5. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
6. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
7. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
8. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
9. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
10. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)