|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed Solness and Aline's original home?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A flood.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A fire.
2. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(b) They are up for the same job at the university.
(c) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
3. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(b) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(c) He refers to her new job.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
4. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
(b) Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) Hedda Gabler.
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
(a) He tells her it has been bought by a publishing company.
(b) He tells her he was disgusted with it and destroyed it.
(c) He tells her he lost it and begs her forgiveness.
(d) He tells her Hedda has stolen it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
2. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
5. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
2. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
3. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
4. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
5. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
6. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
7. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
8. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
9. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
10. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)