|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) An embroidery.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A photograph.
(d) His manuscript.
2. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
(a) She offers them hot toddies.
(b) She offers them cold punch.
(c) She offers them water and bread.
(d) She offers them tea and cake.
3. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(b) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(c) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(d) She had admired it ever since childhood.
4. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She burns it in the fireplace.
(b) She gives it back to Tesman.
(c) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
(d) She gives it back to Lovborg.
5. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
(a) She compares it to a child.
(b) She compares it to a horse.
(c) She compares it to a meal.
(d) She compares it to a guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
2. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
3. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
4. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
5. To what does Solness compare Hilde upon her entrance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
2. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
3. What is Ragnar's ambition?
4. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
5. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
6. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
7. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
8. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
9. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
10. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)