|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
(a) She was completely exhausted by the trip.
(b) She thought it was horribly tedious.
(c) She thought it was so exciting.
(d) She thought it was the most interesting experience.
2. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(c) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
3. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(b) She doesn't care one way or another.
(c) She thinks it is horrible.
(d) She thinks it is terribly sad.
4. How did Lovborg really die?
(a) He shot himself in the head in his home.
(b) He jumped off a cliff and scattered his manuscript to the winds.
(c) He was shot in the stomach attempting to regain his manuscript.
(d) He was hit by a car.
5. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
2. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
3. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
4. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
5. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
2. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
3. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
4. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
5. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
6. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
7. What is Ragnar's ambition?
8. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
9. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
10. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)