|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Solness compare Hilde upon her entrance?
2. What children did Solness and Aline have?
(a) They had one girl.
(b) They had twin boys.
(c) They had twin girls.
(d) They had one boy.
3. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
4. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her hip bath.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Her study desk.
5. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She does not offer her something to drink.
(b) She does not ask about the children.
(c) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(d) She calls her by the wrong name.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda die?
2. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
3. What is Lovborg's new book about?
4. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
5. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
2. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
3. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
4. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
5. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
6. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
7. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
8. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
9. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
10. What imminent threat does Tesman face now that Lovborg has a successful book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)