|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a shop.
(b) For a town hall.
(c) For a church.
(d) For a home.
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
(a) He tells her he was disgusted with it and destroyed it.
(b) He tells her it has been bought by a publishing company.
(c) He tells her Hedda has stolen it.
(d) He tells her he lost it and begs her forgiveness.
3. What does Solness hope will help repair the relationship between him and Aline?
(a) His gift of jewelry.
(c) The children.
(d) The new house.
4. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
5. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
(a) He wants to keep Ragnar under his thumb.
(b) She is excellent at her job and he could ask for no one better.
(c) He made a promise to her father that he would take care of her.
(d) He is in love with her and wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
2. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
3. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
4. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
5. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
2. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
3. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
4. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
5. What imminent threat does Tesman face now that Lovborg has a successful book?
6. How does Hedda end up with Lovborg's manuscript?
7. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
8. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
9. What is Ragnar's ambition?
10. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)