|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What papers is Solness flipping through?
(a) He is looking at old photographs.
(b) He is looking at Ragnar's drawings.
(c) He is looking at bills.
(d) He is looking at letters from Aline.
2. What does Solness plan to hang from the tower of his new home?
(a) A flag.
(b) A wreath.
(c) A sign.
(d) A curtain.
3. What happened to the children?
(a) Aline developed a fever that poisoned her breast milk which killed them.
(b) They were stolen out of their cradles.
(c) They were given to a relative, who still takes care of them.
(d) They died in a fire.
4. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
(c) Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) Mr. Brack.
5. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
(a) He has rescued his wallet.
(b) He has rescued his wife.
(c) He has rescued the manuscript.
(d) He has rescued his wine glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
2. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
3. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
4. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
5. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
2. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
3. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
4. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
5. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
6. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
7. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
8. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
9. How does Hedda end up with Lovborg's manuscript?
10. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)