|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(c) Hilde Wangel.
(d) Dr. Rank.
2. What is Lovborg's new book about?
(a) The future of the wilderness.
(b) A history of machination.
(c) The future of civilization.
(d) A medical thesaurus.
3. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a home.
(b) For a shop.
(c) For a town hall.
(d) For a church.
4. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Lovborg's notes.
(b) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
(c) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
(d) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
5. What happened to the children?
(a) They were stolen out of their cradles.
(b) They died in a fire.
(c) Aline developed a fever that poisoned her breast milk which killed them.
(d) They were given to a relative, who still takes care of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
2. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
3. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
4. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
5. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
2. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
3. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
4. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
5. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
6. How does Hedda initially react to the news of Lovborg's suicide?
7. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
8. What is Ragnar's ambition?
9. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
10. Why does Hedda refrain from visiting Aunt Rina?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)