|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
(a) He tells her Hedda has stolen it.
(b) He tells her he was disgusted with it and destroyed it.
(c) He tells her he lost it and begs her forgiveness.
(d) He tells her it has been bought by a publishing company.
2. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(b) She does not offer her something to drink.
(c) She calls her by the wrong name.
(d) She does not ask about the children.
3. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(b) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
(c) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
(d) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
4. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased a parasol.
(b) She purchased a new hat.
(c) She purchased new shoes.
(d) She purchased an expensive shawl.
5. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a new puppy.
(b) She hopes for a job.
(c) She hopes for a husband.
(d) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
2. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
3. What is Hilde's main memory of Solness?
4. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
5. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
2. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
3. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
4. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
5. What imminent threat does Tesman face now that Lovborg has a successful book?
6. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
7. How does Hedda end up with Lovborg's manuscript?
8. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
9. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
10. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)