|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
(a) Hedda wants to be completely free of darkness and death.
(b) Hedda is expecting a visit from her father.
(c) Hedda cannot bear to watch her beloved aunt die.
(d) Hedda is too upset to leave the house.
2. Why was Lovborg arrested?
(a) He killed Mr. Brack with Hedda's pistol.
(b) He jay-walked.
(c) He accused an ex-lover of stealing his manuscript.
(d) He littered.
3. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
(a) He suggests she repaint the house.
(b) He suggests they begin a triangular relationship.
(c) He suggests she divorce Tesman and marry him.
(d) He suggests she shoot Tesman.
4. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) At Aunt Julle's house.
(b) Back at her home in the country.
(c) In his own home.
(d) In town, by the singer's house.
5. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(b) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(c) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(d) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
2. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
3. What was Hedda's father's career?
4. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
5. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
2. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
3. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
4. What is Ragnar's ambition?
5. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
6. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
7. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
8. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
9. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
10. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)