|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Solness suspect he may be controlling his own life?
(a) He suspects he may be willing things to happen.
(b) He suspects he may be spending all his money.
(c) He suspects God is angry with him.
(d) He suspects he may be obsessive-compulsive.
2. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(c) She does not offer her something to drink.
(d) She does not ask about the children.
3. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) A pistol.
(b) An embroidery.
(c) A photograph.
(d) His manuscript.
4. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(b) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
(c) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(d) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
5. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She is beautiful to look at.
(b) She has the courage to act.
(c) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
(d) She has a lovely singing voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
2. Who, probably, actually is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
3. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
4. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
5. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)