|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(b) He refers to her new job.
(c) He refers to her new horse.
(d) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
2. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
(a) He has rescued his wife.
(b) He has rescued the manuscript.
(c) He has rescued his wine glass.
(d) He has rescued his wallet.
3. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
4. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
(b) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
(c) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
(d) She knows heights make him dizzy.
5. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(b) Hilde Wangel.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Master Builder's assistants is in love with him?
2. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
3. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
4. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
5. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
2. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
3. What does Hedda admit she wants control of?
4. Why does Hedda refrain from visiting Aunt Rina?
5. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
6. What are the implications to Hedda of Brack knowing Lovborg died by one of her pistols?
7. What imminent threat does Tesman face now that Lovborg has a successful book?
8. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
9. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
10. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)