|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
(a) An aristocratic figure with steel-gray eyes.
(b) A frivolous blond with mounds of curls.
(c) A rough person of swarthy complexion.
(d) A fading beauty of advancing years.
2. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
(a) His money clip.
(b) His pistols.
(c) His fountain pen.
(d) His saber.
3. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a husband.
(b) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(c) She hopes for a new puppy.
(d) She hopes for a job.
4. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) In town, by the singer's house.
(b) In his own home.
(c) Back at her home in the country.
(d) At Aunt Julle's house.
5. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
2. What destroyed Solness and Aline's original home?
3. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
4. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
5. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ultimately, why does Solness finally grant Ragnar's request?
2. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
3. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
4. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
5. How does Hedda convince Lovborg to go to the party?
6. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
7. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
8. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
9. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
10. Why does Hedda burn the manuscript?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)