|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the oboe.
(b) She plays the guitar.
(c) She plays the harpsichord.
(d) She plays the piano.
2. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
(b) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
(c) She knows heights make him dizzy.
(d) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
3. Why was Lovborg arrested?
(a) He accused an ex-lover of stealing his manuscript.
(b) He killed Mr. Brack with Hedda's pistol.
(c) He littered.
(d) He jay-walked.
4. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is April.
(b) It is June.
(c) It is January.
(d) It is September.
5. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
4. Who, probably, actually is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
5. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
2. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
3. What does Ragnar ask of Solness, since his father is close to death?
4. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
5. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
6. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
7. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
8. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
9. Why is Ejlert unable to return Mrs. Elvsted's love sufficiently?
10. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)