|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
(d) Mrs. Alving.
2. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(b) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
(c) He confesses he is in love with her.
(d) He confesses he truly hates her.
3. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(b) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(c) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(d) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
4. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(b) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(c) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(d) She needs extra money for a business venture.
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
3. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
4. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
5. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
2. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
3. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
4. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
5. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
6. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
7. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
8. Why does Krogstad agree to withdraw his letter to Torvald?
9. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
10. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)