|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A Russian teahouse.
(b) A public library.
(c) A hotel for seamen.
(d) An orphanage.
2. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(b) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(c) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(d) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
3. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His biggest problem.
(b) His fierce Spaniard.
(c) His most treasured possession.
(d) His weak link.
4. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(b) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
(c) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(d) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
5. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(b) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(c) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(d) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
3. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
4. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
2. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
3. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
4. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
5. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
6. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
7. Why doesn't the Pastor want Mrs. Alving to insure the orphanage?
8. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
9. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
10. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)