|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(b) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(c) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(d) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
2. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying one of the children.
(b) She is carrying embroidery.
(c) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(d) She is carrying a letter.
3. Who is Regine's biological parent?
(b) Mr. Alving.
(c) Pastor Manders.
4. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(b) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(c) He sends back his notice.
(d) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
5. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage?
2. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
3. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
4. What is Engstrand's business idea?
5. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
2. How is Nora's transformation symbolized in her costume?
3. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
4. Why does Krogstad agree to withdraw his letter to Torvald?
5. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
6. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
7. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
8. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
9. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
10. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)