|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Dr. Rank.
2. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for the sun.
(b) He asks for a drink.
(c) He asks for the moon.
(d) He asks for Regine.
3. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Muscular Sclerosis.
(b) Cancer of the bones.
(c) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(d) Step throat.
4. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
(b) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(c) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(d) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
5. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(c) Her father.
(d) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
2. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
3. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
4. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
5. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Alving keep Captain Alving's life of debauchery a secret?
2. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
3. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
4. Why does Mrs. Linde volunteer to approach Krogstad?
5. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
6. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
7. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
8. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
9. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
10. Why doesn't the Pastor want Mrs. Alving to insure the orphanage?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)