|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The salsa.
(b) The tarentella.
(c) The flamenco.
(d) The waltz.
2. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he truly hates her.
(b) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(c) He confesses he is in love with her.
(d) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
3. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(b) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(c) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(d) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
4. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her books.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her liquor.
(d) He disapproves of her paintings.
5. What does Torvald discover in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) A feather.
(b) A broken hairpin.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A note from Mrs. Linde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage?
2. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
3. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
4. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
5. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Pastor want Mrs. Alving to insure the orphanage?
2. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
3. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
4. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
5. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
6. How is Nora's transformation symbolized in her costume?
7. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
8. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
9. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
10. Why did Mrs. Alving keep Captain Alving's life of debauchery a secret?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)