|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Oswald.
(b) She went to Engstrand.
(c) She went to Pastor Manders.
(d) She went to her mother.
2. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
3. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The tarentella.
(b) The salsa.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The flamenco.
4. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
(b) He remembers the first cobbling.
(c) He remembers the first book he read.
(d) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(d) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Engstrand's business idea?
2. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
3. Who is Regine's biological parent?
4. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
5. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
2. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
3. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
4. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
5. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
6. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
7. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
8. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
9. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
10. How is Nora's transformation symbolized in her costume?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)