|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
(a) He will send her a single rose.
(b) He will send his visiting card with a scull and crossbones on it.
(c) He will send her a detailed note.
(d) He will send his visiting card with a black cross on it.
2. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
(a) She feels she has been a coward.
(b) She feels she has been too altruistic.
(c) She feels she has been completely immoral.
(d) She feels she has been selfish and controlling.
3. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(c) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(d) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
4. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
(b) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(c) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
(d) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
2. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
3. What is Nora's costume for the party?
4. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
5. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
2. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
3. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
4. What is Oswald's first inkling that perhaps his father was not as virtuous as he thought?
5. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
6. What deed does Oswald ask his mother to do for him, should circumstances necessitate?
7. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
8. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
9. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
10. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)