|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
(a) She feels she has been a coward.
(b) She feels she has been completely immoral.
(c) She feels she has been too altruistic.
(d) She feels she has been selfish and controlling.
2. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to dolphin.
(b) He compares her to a lion.
(c) He compares her to a raccoon.
(d) He compares her to a songbird.
3. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(b) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(c) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(d) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
4. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
5. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
(a) She proposes they never speak again.
(b) She proposes they steal the Helmer's things.
(c) She proposes they join forces.
(d) She proposes they both work at the bank together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
2. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
3. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
4. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
5. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
2. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
3. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
4. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
5. What is ironic about Pastor Manders accidentally burning down the orphanage?
6. Why did Mrs. Alving keep Captain Alving's life of debauchery a secret?
7. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
8. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
9. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
10. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)