|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying one of the children.
(b) She is carrying a letter.
(c) She is carrying embroidery.
(d) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
2. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Pastor Manders.
(b) She went to Engstrand.
(c) She went to her mother.
(d) She went to Oswald.
3. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
(a) Engstrand's daughter is the Pastor's wife, and it is only fitting for the Pastor to like him.
(b) He feels Engstrand is honest and willing to confess is failures.
(c) Engstrand saved the Pastor's life once, long ago.
(d) He and Engstrand are brothers and he has always had a soft spot for him.
4. Who is Torvald's best friend?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(c) Anne Marie.
(d) Mr. Krogstad.
5. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(b) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(c) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
(d) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
2. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
3. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
4. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
5. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
2. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
3. Why did Mrs. Alving keep Captain Alving's life of debauchery a secret?
4. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
5. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
6. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
7. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
8. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
10. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)