|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
(a) He felt angry.
(b) He felt bored.
(c) He felt suspicious.
(d) He felt invigorated.
2. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(d) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
3. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until she has paid it all back.
(b) Until he discovers the receipts.
(c) Until he is not as in love with her.
(d) Until she has paid off the interest.
4. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
(a) He plans to send him an email.
(b) He has written Torvald a letter.
(c) He plans to tell him at the bank the next day.
(d) He is going to burst in to Torvald's office.
5. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
3. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
4. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
5. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
2. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
3. What does Hedda claim spurred her original interest in Ejlert Lovborg, years ago?
4. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
5. Why has Hilde sought Solness out?
6. Why is Aline more affected by the destruction of her old house than the death of her boys?
7. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
8. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
10. What does Mr. Brack hint will soon keep Hedda busy, fulfilling her life and abating her incurable boredom?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)