|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Her father.
(d) Mr. Krogstad.
2. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(b) Mrs. Rank.
(d) Mrs. Linde.
3. What is Oswald's illness?
(a) He has a sinus infection.
(b) He has a disease that is deteriorating his brain.
(c) He has a disease that make him sick to his stomach.
(d) He has a disease that is atrophying his muscles.
4. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
(a) She cannot manage the kitchen.
(b) She cannot manage the horses.
(c) She cannot manage the children.
(d) She cannot manage money.
5. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(d) Hedda Gabler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
2. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
3. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
4. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
5. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
2. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
3. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
4. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
5. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
6. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
7. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
8. What is ironic about Pastor Manders accidentally burning down the orphanage?
9. Why does Krogstad agree to withdraw his letter to Torvald?
10. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)