|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A pastor.
(c) An artist.
(d) A farmhand.
2. What is Oswald's illness?
(a) He has a disease that is atrophying his muscles.
(b) He has a disease that make him sick to his stomach.
(c) He has a sinus infection.
(d) He has a disease that is deteriorating his brain.
3. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were strangers.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were brothers.
4. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(d) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
5. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(b) Mrs. Alving.
(c) Pastor Manders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
2. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
3. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
5. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hedda's feelings about Tesman's aunts?
2. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
3. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
4. What does Mrs. Elvsted confess to Hedda?
5. How does Lovborg take his leave of Mrs. Elvsted?
6. How fearful is Solness of the wrath of God?
7. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
8. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
9. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
10. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)