|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(b) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
(c) He confesses he truly hates her.
(d) He confesses he is in love with her.
2. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
(a) He wants his money back with interest.
(b) He wants Nora to come with him and be his wife.
(c) He wants Torvald to work for him.
(d) He wants a new, more important job at the bank.
3. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
4. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were strangers.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were brothers.
5. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
(a) She is not Oswald's biological mother.
(b) They are actually betrothed, and have been since birth.
(c) Regine is Mrs. Alving's biological daughter.
(d) They are, in fact, half brother and half sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
2. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
3. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
4. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
5. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
2. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
3. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
4. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
5. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
6. Why does Krogstad agree to withdraw his letter to Torvald?
7. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
8. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
9. Why does Mrs. Linde volunteer to approach Krogstad?
10. How is Nora's transformation symbolized in her costume?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)