|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(b) Mrs. Rank.
(d) Mrs. Linde.
2. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(b) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(c) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(d) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
3. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
(b) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
(c) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(d) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
4. What does Torvald discover in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A feather.
(c) A broken hairpin.
(d) A note from Mrs. Linde.
5. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(c) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(d) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nora actually get the money?
2. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
3. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
4. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
5. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
2. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
3. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
4. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
5. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
6. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
7. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
8. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
9. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
10. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)