|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her cousin.
(b) Engstrand is her father.
(c) Engstrand is her uncle.
(d) Engstrand is her brother.
2. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(c) Mrs. Alving.
(d) Pastor Manders.
3. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(b) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(c) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(d) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
4. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(b) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(d) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
5. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
(c) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(d) He cannot stand her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
2. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
3. What is Engstrand's business idea?
4. What is the name of the orphanage?
5. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
2. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
3. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
4. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
5. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
6. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
7. Why does Mrs. Linde volunteer to approach Krogstad?
8. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
9. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
10. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)