|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
2. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(b) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(c) She hints that she may kill herself.
(d) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
3. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until she has paid it all back.
(b) Until he is not as in love with her.
(c) Until he discovers the receipts.
(d) Until she has paid off the interest.
4. Who is Torvald's best friend?
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Mr. Krogstad.
(d) Dr. Rank.
5. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He has finished his own lab results.
(b) He is cured of his disease.
(c) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
(d) He and Nora are running away together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
2. Who is Regine's biological parent?
3. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
4. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
5. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
2. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
3. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
4. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
5. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
6. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
7. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
8. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
9. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
10. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)