|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(b) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(c) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(d) She needs extra money for a business venture.
2. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An Arabian serving maid.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An English princess.
(d) An American Indian.
3. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Krogstad.
(b) He blames Mrs. Linde.
(c) He blames her father.
(d) He blames Dr. Rank.
4. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Her father.
5. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(b) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(d) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
2. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
3. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
4. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
2. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
3. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
4. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
5. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
6. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
7. What is ironic about Pastor Manders accidentally burning down the orphanage?
8. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
9. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
10. What did Johanna tell Engstrand about her "situation"?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)