|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Rank.
(d) Mr. Krogstad.
2. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to a raccoon.
(b) He compares her to a songbird.
(c) He compares her to dolphin.
(d) He compares her to a lion.
3. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(b) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(c) He sends back his notice.
(d) He sends back Nora's IOU.
4. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His biggest problem.
(b) His weak link.
(c) His most treasured possession.
(d) His fierce Spaniard.
5. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(b) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(c) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(d) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
2. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
3. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
4. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
5. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
2. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
3. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
4. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
5. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
6. Why does Krogstad agree to withdraw his letter to Torvald?
7. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
8. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
9. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
10. What deed does Oswald ask his mother to do for him, should circumstances necessitate?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)