|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald discover in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) A piece of wood.
(b) A broken hairpin.
(c) A feather.
(d) A note from Mrs. Linde.
2. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(b) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(c) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(d) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
3. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
(a) She proposes they both work at the bank together.
(b) She proposes they join forces.
(c) She proposes they never speak again.
(d) She proposes they steal the Helmer's things.
4. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
(a) He felt bored.
(b) He felt angry.
(c) He felt invigorated.
(d) He felt suspicious.
5. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
(a) A letter containing Nora's forgery.
(b) A letter to Torvald's mother.
(c) A letter containing Krogstad's notice.
(d) A letter containing Dr. Rank's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
2. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
3. Who took care of Nora as a child?
4. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
2. Why does Mrs. Linde volunteer to approach Krogstad?
3. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
4. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
5. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
6. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
7. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
8. How does Krogstad attempt to blackmail Nora?
9. What problems does Pastor Manders have with Oswald's perception of marriage?
10. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)