|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(b) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
(c) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(d) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
2. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
(a) Engstrand's daughter is the Pastor's wife, and it is only fitting for the Pastor to like him.
(b) He and Engstrand are brothers and he has always had a soft spot for him.
(c) He feels Engstrand is honest and willing to confess is failures.
(d) Engstrand saved the Pastor's life once, long ago.
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(b) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(c) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
(d) "A stitch in time makes nine."
4. How did Nora actually get the money?
(a) She earned it at waitressing.
(b) She stole it.
(c) She won it at the lottery.
(d) She borrowed it.
5. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying a letter.
(b) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(c) She is carrying one of the children.
(d) She is carrying embroidery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
2. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
3. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
4. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
5. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Nora confess to Mrs. Linde about her and Torvald's trip to Italy?
2. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
3. What is Oswald's first inkling that perhaps his father was not as virtuous as he thought?
4. What deed does Oswald ask his mother to do for him, should circumstances necessitate?
5. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
6. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
7. How does Torvald react to Krogstad's first letter?
8. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
9. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
10. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)