|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took care of Nora as a child?
(a) Nora's father.
(b) Nora's mother.
(d) Anne Marie.
2. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(b) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
(c) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
(d) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
3. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford new clothes.
(b) They cannot afford to get married.
(c) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(d) They cannot afford pipes.
4. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(b) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
(c) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(d) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
5. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(b) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(c) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(d) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
2. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
3. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
4. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
5. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Solness afraid of youth?
2. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
3. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
4. Why doesn't the Pastor want Mrs. Alving to insure the orphanage?
5. What does Solness decide to do in honor of the new house?
6. Describe Solness' relationship with Kaja?
7. How is Nora's transformation symbolized in her costume?
8. How did Solness and Aline's children die?
9. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
10. What are the factors that, combined, mean such despair for Hedda that she must end her life?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)