|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
(b) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
(c) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
(d) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
2. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An English princess.
(b) An American Indian.
(c) An Arabian serving maid.
(d) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
3. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
(b) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
4. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Dr. Rank.
5. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
2. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
3. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
4. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
5. How much did the trip cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
2. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
3. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
4. What does Mrs. Alving hope to gain from opening the orphanage?
5. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
6. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
7. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
8. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
9. What does Engstrand want Regine to do at the beginning of the act?
10. How will Dr. Rank notify Nora that he is in the final stage of his illness?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)