|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her liquor.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her paintings.
(d) He disapproves of her books.
2. How much did the trip cost?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
3. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(d) Mrs. Linde.
4. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for Regine.
(b) He asks for the sun.
(c) He asks for a drink.
(d) He asks for the moon.
5. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Krogstad.
(c) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
2. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
3. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
4. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
5. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the Pastor want Mrs. Alving to insure the orphanage?
2. Why does Mrs. Linde volunteer to approach Krogstad?
3. How is Nora's dance costume symbolic of her life and marriage?
4. What does Regine do when she learns how closely related she and Oswald are?
5. What is the difference in opinion between Torvald and Nora about borrowing money?
6. Why did Mrs. Alving keep Captain Alving's life of debauchery a secret?
7. Why does Torvald think Nora is putting in a good word for Krogstad?
8. What does Nora outwardly hope for at the end of Act 2, and what does she inwardly fear?
9. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
10. What has Torvald refused to sacrifice for Nora?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)