|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(b) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
(c) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(d) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
2. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Step throat.
(b) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(c) Cancer of the bones.
(d) Muscular Sclerosis.
3. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her brother.
(b) Engstrand is her uncle.
(c) Engstrand is her cousin.
(d) Engstrand is her father.
4. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
5. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(b) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
(c) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(d) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
2. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
3. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
4. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
5. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Dr. Rank want Torvald to visit him in his illness?
2. How is Nora afraid that her lies will affect the household?
3. Why does Nora decline asking her favor from Dr. Rank?
4. When is the first instance that Mrs. Alving sees "ghosts"?
5. What is the only way Torvald could possibly accept Krogstad again?
6. What is ironic about Engstrand's naming his seaman's home the Captain Alving Home?
7. What was Mrs. Alving's marriage to the Captain really like, despite Pastor Mander's perceptions?
8. How does Torvald react when Krogstad returns the IOU?
9. To whom does Nora feel her duty is owed?
10. Who goaded Mrs. Alving into her free-thinking ways?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)