|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(b) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
(c) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
(d) He requests a partnership in the company.
2. What does Solness plan to hang from the tower of his new home?
(a) A sign.
(b) A curtain.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A flag.
3. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(b) She purchased a new hat.
(c) She purchased new shoes.
(d) She purchased a parasol.
4. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) Mr. Brack.
5. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
(a) She has lost her freedom.
(b) She has lost her one true love.
(c) She has lost her hat.
(d) She has lost her parasol.
6. What has Solness promised Hilde?
(a) He has promised her a new house of her very own.
(b) He has promised she can be the princess in his tower.
(c) He has promised her money for an education.
(d) He has promised her a new dog and horse.
7. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(b) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(c) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
8. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(b) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(c) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(d) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
9. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(b) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(c) She thinks it is horrible.
(d) She doesn't care one way or another.
10. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A pistol.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) An embroidery.
11. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a new puppy.
(b) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(c) She hopes for a job.
(d) She hopes for a husband.
12. What is Hilde's main memory of Solness?
(a) She remembers him singing.
(b) She remembers him dancing at a party.
(c) She remembers him hammering the wall.
(d) She remembers him climbing the tower.
13. What destroyed Solness and Aline's original home?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A flood.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A fire.
14. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows heights make him dizzy.
(b) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
(c) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
(d) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
15. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
3. How did Lovborg really die?
4. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
5. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)