|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
(b) He requests a partnership in the company.
(c) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(d) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
2. What object(s) does Hedda keep imagining in Lovborg's hair?
(a) A straw hat.
(c) Vine leaves.
3. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
(a) She compares it to a child.
(b) She compares it to a guitar.
(c) She compares it to a horse.
(d) She compares it to a meal.
4. What is Hilde's main memory of Solness?
(a) She remembers him climbing the tower.
(b) She remembers him hammering the wall.
(c) She remembers him singing.
(d) She remembers him dancing at a party.
5. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(b) She doesn't care one way or another.
(c) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(d) She thinks it is horrible.
6. What children did Solness and Aline have?
(a) They had twin boys.
(b) They had one boy.
(c) They had one girl.
(d) They had twin girls.
7. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
(b) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
(c) They will use Lovborg's notes.
(d) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
8. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
(a) He is afraid God did not want him to have the house.
(b) He is afraid he willed its destruction.
(c) He is afraid Ragnar destroyed it on purpose.
(d) He is afraid Aline set it aflame.
9. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
(a) He wants to keep Ragnar under his thumb.
(b) He is in love with her and wants to marry her.
(c) He made a promise to her father that he would take care of her.
(d) She is excellent at her job and he could ask for no one better.
10. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
11. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
(a) Hilde threatens that she will no longer believe he is a good man.
(b) Aline threatens to kill herself.
(c) Kaja threatens to leave him forever.
(d) Hilde threatens him with a pistol.
12. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
(b) The red-haired singer.
(c) Aunt Julle.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
13. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her new horse.
(c) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(d) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
14. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(b) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(c) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(d) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
15. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
(b) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
(c) She knows heights make him dizzy.
(d) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
2. How does Hedda die?
3. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
4. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
5. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)