|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) Three days.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
(a) Kaja threatens to leave him forever.
(b) Hilde threatens him with a pistol.
(c) Aline threatens to kill herself.
(d) Hilde threatens that she will no longer believe he is a good man.
3. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
(a) Aunt Julle.
(c) The red-haired singer.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
4. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
(c) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(d) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
5. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He has written a well-received book.
(b) He composed a large concerto.
(c) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
(d) He built a beautiful mansion.
6. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
(b) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(d) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
7. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(b) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
(c) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
(d) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
8. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(b) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(c) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(d) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
9. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
(b) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
10. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
(b) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
(c) She knows heights make him dizzy.
(d) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
11. Which of the Master Builder's assistants is in love with him?
12. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
(a) He is afraid God did not want him to have the house.
(b) He is afraid he willed its destruction.
(c) He is afraid Ragnar destroyed it on purpose.
(d) He is afraid Aline set it aflame.
13. What papers is Solness flipping through?
(a) He is looking at Ragnar's drawings.
(b) He is looking at letters from Aline.
(c) He is looking at old photographs.
(d) He is looking at bills.
14. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
15. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
(b) She gives it back to Tesman.
(c) She burns it in the fireplace.
(d) She gives it back to Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
2. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
3. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
4. What does Solness hope will help repair the relationship between him and Aline?
5. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)