|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
(a) She was completely exhausted by the trip.
(b) She thought it was so exciting.
(c) She thought it was horribly tedious.
(d) She thought it was the most interesting experience.
2. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(b) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(c) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(d) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
3. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(b) She hopes for a husband.
(c) She hopes for a job.
(d) She hopes for a new puppy.
4. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
(a) She must always take care of the children.
(b) She must always cook immaculately.
(c) She must always be on time.
(d) She must always perform her duty.
5. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
(a) He suggests they begin a triangular relationship.
(b) He suggests she repaint the house.
(c) He suggests she divorce Tesman and marry him.
(d) He suggests she shoot Tesman.
6. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
(a) A frivolous blond with mounds of curls.
(b) An aristocratic figure with steel-gray eyes.
(c) A rough person of swarthy complexion.
(d) A fading beauty of advancing years.
7. What papers is Solness flipping through?
(a) He is looking at Ragnar's drawings.
(b) He is looking at old photographs.
(c) He is looking at letters from Aline.
(d) He is looking at bills.
8. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(c) She does not offer her something to drink.
(d) She does not ask about the children.
9. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
10. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased new shoes.
(b) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(c) She purchased a parasol.
(d) She purchased a new hat.
11. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She had admired it ever since childhood.
(b) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(c) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(d) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
12. How did Lovborg really die?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He was shot in the stomach attempting to regain his manuscript.
(c) He jumped off a cliff and scattered his manuscript to the winds.
(d) He shot himself in the head in his home.
13. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
(b) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
(c) They will use Lovborg's notes.
(d) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
14. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
(a) Her piano.
(b) Her study desk.
(c) Her wardrobe.
(d) Her hip bath.
15. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a home.
(b) For a shop.
(c) For a town hall.
(d) For a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
2. Why has Hilde come?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
4. What is Lovborg's new book about?
5. How does Hedda die?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)