|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(c) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
2. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
(b) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
(c) He has been granted the university job.
(d) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
3. What does Solness plan to hang from the tower of his new home?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A flag.
(c) A sign.
(d) A curtain.
4. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
(c) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(d) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
5. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Aunt Julle.
(c) Mr. Brack.
(d) Aunt Rina.
6. Which of the Master Builder's assistants is in love with him?
7. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(c) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(d) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
8. Why has Hilde come?
(a) She misses Aline, who is her very good friend.
(b) She is in love with Ragnar.
(c) She is responding to an advertisement for a job.
(d) She remembers a promise Solness made to her ten years ago.
9. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
10. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
(a) She offers them cold punch.
(b) She offers them hot toddies.
(c) She offers them water and bread.
(d) She offers them tea and cake.
11. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a shop.
(b) For a church.
(c) For a town hall.
(d) For a home.
12. What is Lovborg's new book about?
(a) A medical thesaurus.
(b) The future of civilization.
(c) A history of machination.
(d) The future of the wilderness.
13. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She gives it back to Tesman.
(b) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
(c) She gives it back to Lovborg.
(d) She burns it in the fireplace.
14. Why was Lovborg arrested?
(a) He accused an ex-lover of stealing his manuscript.
(b) He jay-walked.
(c) He killed Mr. Brack with Hedda's pistol.
(d) He littered.
15. To what does Solness compare Hilde upon her entrance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
3. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
4. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
5. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)