|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a shop.
(b) For a town hall.
(c) For a church.
(d) For a home.
2. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a job.
(b) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(c) She hopes for a new puppy.
(d) She hopes for a husband.
3. What is Hilde's main memory of Solness?
(a) She remembers him dancing at a party.
(b) She remembers him climbing the tower.
(c) She remembers him hammering the wall.
(d) She remembers him singing.
4. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies of a carriage accident.
(b) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
5. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She is beautiful to look at.
(b) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
(c) She has the courage to act.
(d) She has a lovely singing voice.
6. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are up for the same job at the university.
(b) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(c) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
7. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
8. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(b) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(c) He refers to her new job.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
9. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is horrible.
(b) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She thinks it is a courageous act.
10. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
(a) She must always be on time.
(b) She must always take care of the children.
(c) She must always perform her duty.
(d) She must always cook immaculately.
11. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
(a) She tells him she burned it to ensure his job at the university.
(b) She tells him she burned it because Mrs. Elvsted insisted.
(c) She tells him she burned it because she got cold.
(d) She tells him she burned it because she hates Lovborg.
12. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
13. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
(a) He tells her Hedda has stolen it.
(b) He tells her it has been bought by a publishing company.
(c) He tells her he was disgusted with it and destroyed it.
(d) He tells her he lost it and begs her forgiveness.
14. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the piano.
(b) She plays the guitar.
(c) She plays the harpsichord.
(d) She plays the oboe.
15. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Hilde Wangel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
2. How did Lovborg really die?
3. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
4. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
5. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)