|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is horrible.
(b) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(c) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(d) She doesn't care one way or another.
2. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
(b) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(c) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(d) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
3. What was Hedda's father's career?
(a) He was a cobbler.
(b) He was a clergyman.
(c) He was a general.
(d) He was a teacher.
4. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
(a) She returns his top hat.
(b) She returns his slippers.
(c) She returns his bookcase.
(d) She returns his cane.
5. What does Solness hope will help repair the relationship between him and Aline?
(a) The children.
(b) His gift of jewelry.
(d) The new house.
6. What children did Solness and Aline have?
(a) They had twin girls.
(b) They had twin boys.
(c) They had one boy.
(d) They had one girl.
7. To what does Solness compare Hilde upon her entrance?
8. What is Lovborg's new book about?
(a) A history of machination.
(b) The future of civilization.
(c) A medical thesaurus.
(d) The future of the wilderness.
9. Why was Lovborg arrested?
(a) He accused an ex-lover of stealing his manuscript.
(b) He killed Mr. Brack with Hedda's pistol.
(c) He jay-walked.
(d) He littered.
10. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He built a beautiful mansion.
(b) He has written a well-received book.
(c) He composed a large concerto.
(d) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
11. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
12. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(b) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
(c) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
(d) He requests a partnership in the company.
13. What has Solness promised Hilde?
(a) He has promised her a new house of her very own.
(b) He has promised her money for an education.
(c) He has promised she can be the princess in his tower.
(d) He has promised her a new dog and horse.
14. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
(b) He has been granted the university job.
(c) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
(d) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
15. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(a) Hilde Wangel.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
2. Which of the Master Builder's assistants is in love with him?
3. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
4. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
5. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)