|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
(a) He has rescued his wallet.
(b) He has rescued his wife.
(c) He has rescued the manuscript.
(d) He has rescued his wine glass.
2. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a church.
(b) For a shop.
(c) For a home.
(d) For a town hall.
3. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased new shoes.
(b) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(c) She purchased a parasol.
(d) She purchased a new hat.
4. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
(a) He is afraid Aline set it aflame.
(b) He is afraid God did not want him to have the house.
(c) He is afraid he willed its destruction.
(d) He is afraid Ragnar destroyed it on purpose.
6. Who, probably, actually is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
(b) Aunt Julle.
(c) Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) The red-haired singer.
7. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
(a) He suggests she divorce Tesman and marry him.
(b) He suggests she repaint the house.
(c) He suggests she shoot Tesman.
(d) He suggests they begin a triangular relationship.
8. How does Solness suspect he may be controlling his own life?
(a) He suspects he may be spending all his money.
(b) He suspects he may be willing things to happen.
(c) He suspects God is angry with him.
(d) He suspects he may be obsessive-compulsive.
9. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Aunt Rina.
(c) Aunt Julle.
(d) Mr. Brack.
10. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is April.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is September.
(d) It is June.
11. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
12. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
(b) Mr. Brack.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
13. What children did Solness and Aline have?
(a) They had twin boys.
(b) They had one boy.
(c) They had twin girls.
(d) They had one girl.
14. What has Solness promised Hilde?
(a) He has promised she can be the princess in his tower.
(b) He has promised her a new dog and horse.
(c) He has promised her a new house of her very own.
(d) He has promised her money for an education.
15. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
(b) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(d) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda die?
2. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
3. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
4. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
5. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)