|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Hedda Gabler.
(c) Hilde Wangel.
2. Which of the Master Builder's assistants is in love with him?
3. What object(s) does Hedda keep imagining in Lovborg's hair?
(a) A straw hat.
(d) Vine leaves.
4. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
(a) Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) The red-haired singer.
(d) Aunt Julle.
5. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
(a) For a town hall.
(b) For a shop.
(c) For a church.
(d) For a home.
6. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
(b) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(c) He requests a partnership in the company.
(d) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
7. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
(a) His fountain pen.
(b) His pistols.
(c) His money clip.
(d) His saber.
8. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
(a) Hilde threatens that she will no longer believe he is a good man.
(b) Hilde threatens him with a pistol.
(c) Aline threatens to kill herself.
(d) Kaja threatens to leave him forever.
9. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
(b) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She dies of a carriage accident.
10. Who arrives with news of Lovborg's attempted suicide?
(b) Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) Mr. Brack.
(d) Aunt Julle.
11. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) An embroidery.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A photograph.
12. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
13. Why is Aline worried about his declaration?
(a) She knows Ragnar has already hung a flag.
(b) She knows Kaja has destroyed his wreath.
(c) She knows heights make him dizzy.
(d) She knows Hilde wants to climb up the tower with him.
14. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
(b) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
(c) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(d) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
15. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is September.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is April.
(d) It is June.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
2. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
3. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
4. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
5. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)