|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(b) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(c) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(d) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
2. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
(a) Hedda is too upset to leave the house.
(b) Hedda is expecting a visit from her father.
(c) Hedda wants to be completely free of darkness and death.
(d) Hedda cannot bear to watch her beloved aunt die.
3. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(b) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
(c) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
(d) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
4. What does Solness plan to hang from the tower of his new home?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A flag.
(c) A curtain.
(d) A sign.
5. What destroyed Solness and Aline's original home?
(a) A fire.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A flood.
6. What is Solness paranoid really happened to the house?
(a) He is afraid Aline set it aflame.
(b) He is afraid he willed its destruction.
(c) He is afraid God did not want him to have the house.
(d) He is afraid Ragnar destroyed it on purpose.
7. Why has Hilde come?
(a) She remembers a promise Solness made to her ten years ago.
(b) She is in love with Ragnar.
(c) She misses Aline, who is her very good friend.
(d) She is responding to an advertisement for a job.
8. To what does Solness compare Hilde upon her entrance?
9. Why has Solness kept Kaja employed?
(a) He is in love with her and wants to marry her.
(b) He wants to keep Ragnar under his thumb.
(c) He made a promise to her father that he would take care of her.
(d) She is excellent at her job and he could ask for no one better.
10. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased new shoes.
(b) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(c) She purchased a new hat.
(d) She purchased a parasol.
11. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She does not ask about the children.
(b) She does not offer her something to drink.
(c) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(d) She calls her by the wrong name.
12. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
(a) He has rescued his wife.
(b) He has rescued the manuscript.
(c) He has rescued his wine glass.
(d) He has rescued his wallet.
13. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is June.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is April.
(d) It is September.
14. Why does Solness finally agree to give Ragnar a kind word about his work?
(a) Hilde threatens that she will no longer believe he is a good man.
(b) Aline threatens to kill herself.
(c) Hilde threatens him with a pistol.
(d) Kaja threatens to leave him forever.
15. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
(a) His money clip.
(b) His fountain pen.
(c) His pistols.
(d) His saber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
2. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
3. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
4. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
5. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)