|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ragnar request of Solness just before Brovik's death?
(a) He requests a partnership in the company.
(b) He requests a kind word about his drawings to share with his father.
(c) He requests the honor of constructing Solness's tower.
(d) He requests money to build his father a coffin.
2. How did Lovborg really die?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He was shot in the stomach attempting to regain his manuscript.
(c) He shot himself in the head in his home.
(d) He jumped off a cliff and scattered his manuscript to the winds.
3. Who does Ragnar want to marry?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Hilde Wangel.
5. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
6. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She is beautiful to look at.
(b) She has the courage to act.
(c) She has a lovely singing voice.
(d) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
7. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six months.
8. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She does not ask about the children.
(b) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(c) She does not offer her something to drink.
(d) She calls her by the wrong name.
9. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A photograph.
(c) An embroidery.
(d) A pistol.
10. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
11. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
(a) Her hip bath.
(b) Her study desk.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Her wardrobe.
12. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
(a) She has lost her one true love.
(b) She has lost her parasol.
(c) She has lost her hat.
(d) She has lost her freedom.
13. What happened to the children?
(a) They were given to a relative, who still takes care of them.
(b) They were stolen out of their cradles.
(c) Aline developed a fever that poisoned her breast milk which killed them.
(d) They died in a fire.
14. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(c) He refers to her new horse.
(d) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
15. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
(b) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
(d) She plans to meet him in secret later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
2. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Who does Tesman think is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
4. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
5. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)