|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(b) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
2. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(b) Strep throat.
3. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Mrs. Rank.
4. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
(a) She was meeting with Krogstad.
(b) She wants to see Nora in her costume.
(c) She wants to take care of the children instead of Helene.
(d) She wants to see Dr. Rank.
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
6. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
(b) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
7. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
(a) He plans to send him an email.
(b) He plans to tell him at the bank the next day.
(c) He is going to burst in to Torvald's office.
(d) He has written Torvald a letter.
8. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
9. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(b) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(d) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
10. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
11. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to a lion.
(b) He compares her to a songbird.
(c) He compares her to a raccoon.
(d) He compares her to dolphin.
12. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying a letter.
(b) She is carrying one of the children.
(c) She is carrying embroidery.
(d) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
13. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The tarentella.
(c) The salsa.
(d) The flamenco.
14. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(d) Mrs. Linde.
15. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for a drink.
(b) He asks for the moon.
(c) He asks for Regine.
(d) He asks for the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
2. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
3. What is Oswald's illness?
4. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
5. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)