|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
(b) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
(c) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
(d) He thinks the memorial will burn.
2. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
(a) She needed money to care for her mother and brothers.
(b) She was not attracted to him and did not love him.
(c) She was jealous of his promiscuous ways.
(d) She only wanted his money and once she had it she was gone.
3. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
4. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until he discovers the receipts.
(b) Until she has paid it all back.
(c) Until she has paid off the interest.
(d) Until he is not as in love with her.
5. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(d) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
6. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An Arabian serving maid.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An American Indian.
(d) An English princess.
7. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
(a) Regine is Mrs. Alving's biological daughter.
(b) They are actually betrothed, and have been since birth.
(c) They are, in fact, half brother and half sister.
(d) She is not Oswald's biological mother.
8. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
(b) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
(c) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(d) She is pregnant again.
9. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He and Nora are running away together.
(b) He has finished his own lab results.
(c) He is cured of his disease.
(d) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
10. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A hotel for seamen.
(b) A Russian teahouse.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A public library.
11. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
(b) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
(c) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(d) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
12. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
(a) She compares their marriage and home to Krogstad's tragedy.
(b) She compares their lives to Dr. Rank's death.
(c) She compares their marriage and home to a doll house.
(d) She compares their lives to the bank.
13. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
(b) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
(c) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(d) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
14. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(b) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
15. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(b) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(c) He sends back his notice.
(d) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
2. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
3. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
4. Who took care of Nora as a child?
5. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)