|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
(a) He will send her a single rose.
(b) He will send his visiting card with a scull and crossbones on it.
(c) He will send her a detailed note.
(d) He will send his visiting card with a black cross on it.
2. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Dr. Rank.
(b) He blames Krogstad.
(c) He blames Mrs. Linde.
(d) He blames her father.
3. How much did the trip cost?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
4. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
5. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Dr. Rank.
6. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(b) Step throat.
(c) Cancer of the bones.
(d) Muscular Sclerosis.
7. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(b) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(c) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(d) She hints that she may kill herself.
9. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Mrs. Linde.
10. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
(a) He plans to commit himself fully to prayer.
(b) He plans to kill himself with morphine pills.
(c) He plans to marry Regine and profligate the family.
(d) He plans to paint as much as he can.
11. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(b) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
12. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(b) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(c) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(d) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
13. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
(b) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(c) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
(d) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
14. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
(b) Regine burned it down on purpose
(c) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
(d) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
15. Who is Torvald's best friend?
(a) Anne Marie.
(c) Mr. Krogstad.
(d) Dr. Rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
2. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
3. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
4. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
5. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)