|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is casual about his former lover.
(b) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(c) He is very frank about his money.
(d) He is casual about his impending death.
2. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(b) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
(c) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
(d) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
3. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(b) Mrs. Alving.
(d) Pastor Manders.
4. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(b) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(c) He sends back his notice.
(d) He sends back Nora's IOU.
5. What name has Oswald given himself?
(a) The Second Coming.
(b) Mr. Alving.
(c) The Prodigal Sun.
(d) The Venus di Milo.
6. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A public library.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A hotel for seamen.
(d) A Russian teahouse.
7. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(d) Strep throat.
8. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An Arabian serving maid.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An American Indian.
(d) An English princess.
9. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until he is not as in love with her.
(b) Until he discovers the receipts.
(c) Until she has paid it all back.
(d) Until she has paid off the interest.
10. Who took care of Nora as a child?
(a) Nora's father.
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Nora's mother.
11. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
12. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
(a) Dr. Rank is getting married.
(b) Nora is giving birth to another child.
(c) Torvald has gotten a promotion and a raise.
(d) Nora has gotten a new job.
13. What does Torvald discover in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) A note from Mrs. Linde.
(b) A feather.
(c) A piece of wood.
(d) A broken hairpin.
14. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
(b) Dr. Rank.
15. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
2. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
3. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
4. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
5. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)