|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(a) Mrs. Linde.
2. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
(b) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(c) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(d) He cannot stand her.
3. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(b) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
4. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(b) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(c) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
5. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A public library.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A hotel for seamen.
(d) A Russian teahouse.
6. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(b) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(c) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(d) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
7. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is casual about his former lover.
(b) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(c) He is very frank about his money.
(d) He is casual about his impending death.
8. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
9. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
10. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(b) He sends back his notice.
(c) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(d) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
11. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for a drink.
(b) He asks for Regine.
(c) He asks for the sun.
(d) He asks for the moon.
12. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
(a) They went to Spain.
(b) They went to Italy.
(c) They went to Argentina.
(d) They went to New York.
13. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her paintings.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her books.
(d) He disapproves of her liquor.
14. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
(b) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
(c) He thinks the memorial will burn.
(d) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
15. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to build a city park.
(b) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(c) He wants to build an orphanage.
(d) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
2. Who is Regine's biological parent?
3. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
4. Why did the orphanage burn down?
5. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)