|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
2. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(b) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(c) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
(d) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
3. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(b) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(c) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(d) He sends back his notice.
4. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(b) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
5. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
(a) She wants to take care of the children instead of Helene.
(b) She wants to see Nora in her costume.
(c) She wants to see Dr. Rank.
(d) She was meeting with Krogstad.
6. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her flower clip.
(b) She shows him her silk stockings.
(c) She shows him her bracelet.
(d) She shows him her fan.
7. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
8. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Engstrand.
(b) She went to her mother.
(c) She went to Pastor Manders.
(d) She went to Oswald.
9. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
(b) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(c) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
(d) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
10. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
(d) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
11. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(b) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(c) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(d) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
12. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
(b) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(c) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(d) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
13. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(b) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(c) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(d) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
14. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(b) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(c) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(d) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
15. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
(a) She wants to go to Italy.
(b) She wants to go to Paris.
(c) She wants to go to Engstrand's house.
(d) She wants to go to Pastor Manders' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
2. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
3. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
4. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
5. What name has Oswald given himself?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)