|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A public library.
(c) A Russian teahouse.
(d) A hotel for seamen.
2. Who took care of Nora as a child?
(a) Nora's mother.
(b) Nora's father.
(d) Anne Marie.
3. What is Oswald's illness?
(a) He has a disease that make him sick to his stomach.
(b) He has a disease that is deteriorating his brain.
(c) He has a sinus infection.
(d) He has a disease that is atrophying his muscles.
4. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(b) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(c) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(d) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
5. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He cannot stand her.
(b) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(c) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
6. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
(a) She wants to see Nora in her costume.
(b) She wants to take care of the children instead of Helene.
(c) She wants to see Dr. Rank.
(d) She was meeting with Krogstad.
7. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(b) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(c) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(d) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
8. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her silk stockings.
(b) She shows him her flower clip.
(c) She shows him her bracelet.
(d) She shows him her fan.
9. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(a) Mrs. Alving.
(c) Pastor Manders.
10. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(b) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
(c) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(d) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
11. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(b) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(c) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(d) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
12. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
(a) She wants to go to Engstrand's house.
(b) She wants to go to Pastor Manders' house.
(c) She wants to go to Paris.
(d) She wants to go to Italy.
13. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her father.
(b) Engstrand is her uncle.
(c) Engstrand is her brother.
(d) Engstrand is her cousin.
14. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
(a) They went to Italy.
(b) They went to New York.
(c) They went to Argentina.
(d) They went to Spain.
15. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to build a city park.
(b) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(c) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
(d) He wants to build an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
2. Why did the orphanage burn down?
3. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
4. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
5. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)