|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(d) Strep throat.
2. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
(b) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(c) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(d) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
3. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(b) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(d) When Oswald was lost in the country.
4. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until she has paid it all back.
(b) Until he is not as in love with her.
(c) Until she has paid off the interest.
(d) Until he discovers the receipts.
5. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back his notice.
(b) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(c) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(d) He sends back Nora's IOU.
6. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her paintings.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her liquor.
(d) He disapproves of her books.
7. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(a) Her father.
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Mr. Krogstad.
8. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The flamenco.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The tarentella.
(d) The salsa.
9. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(b) He thinks it is too tame.
(c) He thinks it is not graceful.
(d) He thinks it is too wild.
10. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
(a) A weepy, brittle sensitive.
(b) A serious-minded scholar.
(c) A frivolous, silly woman.
(d) A catty, cruel witch.
11. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(d) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
12. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
(b) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(c) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(d) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
13. Who is Regine's biological parent?
(c) Mr. Alving.
(d) Pastor Manders.
14. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
(a) Engstrand's daughter is the Pastor's wife, and it is only fitting for the Pastor to like him.
(b) He feels Engstrand is honest and willing to confess is failures.
(c) He and Engstrand are brothers and he has always had a soft spot for him.
(d) Engstrand saved the Pastor's life once, long ago.
15. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
(b) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(c) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
(d) She is pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
2. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
3. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
4. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
5. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)