|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(b) He confesses he truly hates her.
(c) He confesses he is in love with her.
(d) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
2. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(b) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
(c) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
(d) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
3. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An English princess.
(b) An Arabian serving maid.
(c) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(d) An American Indian.
4. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until she has paid it all back.
(b) Until he discovers the receipts.
(c) Until he is not as in love with her.
(d) Until she has paid off the interest.
5. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(b) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(c) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(d) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
6. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
(a) He plans to tell him at the bank the next day.
(b) He is going to burst in to Torvald's office.
(c) He plans to send him an email.
(d) He has written Torvald a letter.
7. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first cobbling.
(b) He remembers the first book he read.
(c) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
(d) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
8. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
(a) She feels she has been a coward.
(b) She feels she has been too altruistic.
(c) She feels she has been selfish and controlling.
(d) She feels she has been completely immoral.
9. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(b) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(c) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
(d) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
10. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
(a) They are actually betrothed, and have been since birth.
(b) They are, in fact, half brother and half sister.
(c) She is not Oswald's biological mother.
(d) Regine is Mrs. Alving's biological daughter.
11. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(b) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(c) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(d) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
12. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His fierce Spaniard.
(b) His weak link.
(c) His biggest problem.
(d) His most treasured possession.
13. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Rank.
14. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(b) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(c) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(d) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
15. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(b) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(c) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(d) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
2. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
3. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
4. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
5. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)