|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(b) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
2. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to a raccoon.
(b) He compares her to a lion.
(c) He compares her to a songbird.
(d) He compares her to dolphin.
3. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
(a) He felt angry.
(b) He felt invigorated.
(c) He felt suspicious.
(d) He felt bored.
4. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(b) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(c) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(d) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
5. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The tarentella.
(c) The salsa.
(d) The flamenco.
6. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(b) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(c) "A stitch in time makes nine."
(d) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
7. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(a) Mrs. Alving.
(c) Pastor Manders.
8. How much did the trip cost?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
9. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks it is not graceful.
(b) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(c) He thinks it is too tame.
(d) He thinks it is too wild.
10. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
(c) He cannot stand her.
(d) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
11. Who is Torvald's best friend?
(a) Mr. Krogstad.
(b) Dr. Rank.
(d) Anne Marie.
12. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
(a) He had a great joy of living, and life in the small town took its toll on him.
(b) He suffered from depression much of the time.
(c) He has a disease, just like Oswald, and did not know what he did.
(d) His love for Mrs. Alving outshone even his moral scruples.
13. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(b) Step throat.
(c) Cancer of the bones.
(d) Muscular Sclerosis.
14. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
(b) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(c) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(d) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
15. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An Arabian serving maid.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An American Indian.
(d) An English princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
2. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
3. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
4. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
5. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)