|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the trip cost?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twelve hundred dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
2. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(b) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(d) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(b) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
(c) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(d) "A stitch in time makes nine."
4. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
(a) She cannot manage the kitchen.
(b) She cannot manage the children.
(c) She cannot manage the horses.
(d) She cannot manage money.
5. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A Russian teahouse.
(c) A public library.
(d) A hotel for seamen.
6. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(b) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
(c) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(d) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
7. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
(b) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(c) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
(d) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
8. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The flamenco.
(b) The tarentella.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The salsa.
9. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(b) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(c) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(d) She hints that she may kill herself.
10. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
(b) Mrs. Alving.
11. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(b) An American Indian.
(c) An English princess.
(d) An Arabian serving maid.
12. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(b) They cannot afford to get married.
(c) They cannot afford pipes.
(d) They cannot afford new clothes.
13. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He cannot stand her.
(b) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(c) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
(d) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
14. What name has Oswald given himself?
(a) The Venus di Milo.
(b) The Second Coming.
(c) The Prodigal Sun.
(d) Mr. Alving.
15. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(b) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
(c) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
(d) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nora actually get the money?
2. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
3. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
4. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
5. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)