|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is casual about his former lover.
(b) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(c) He is casual about his impending death.
(d) He is very frank about his money.
2. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
(a) He wants him to pay for Regine and Oswald's wedding.
(b) He wants him to give it to Mrs. Alving.
(c) He wants him to rebuild the orphanage.
(d) He wants him to invest in the seamen's home.
3. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(b) She is carrying embroidery.
(c) She is carrying one of the children.
(d) She is carrying a letter.
4. How did Nora actually get the money?
(a) She won it at the lottery.
(b) She earned it at waitressing.
(c) She stole it.
(d) She borrowed it.
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(c) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(d) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
6. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(b) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
(c) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
(d) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
7. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(b) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(c) She hints that she may kill herself.
(d) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
8. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(b) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
(c) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
(d) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
9. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
(a) Dr. Rank is getting married.
(b) Torvald has gotten a promotion and a raise.
(c) Nora is giving birth to another child.
(d) Nora has gotten a new job.
10. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An American Indian.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An English princess.
(d) An Arabian serving maid.
11. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
(a) He felt invigorated.
(b) He felt bored.
(c) He felt angry.
(d) He felt suspicious.
12. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
(b) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
(c) He thinks the memorial will burn.
(d) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
13. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
(a) She wants to go to Pastor Manders' house.
(b) She wants to go to Engstrand's house.
(c) She wants to go to Paris.
(d) She wants to go to Italy.
14. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His biggest problem.
(b) His most treasured possession.
(c) His fierce Spaniard.
(d) His weak link.
15. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(b) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(c) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(d) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
2. Who is Torvald's best friend?
3. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
4. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
5. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)