|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) An artist.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A pastor.
2. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
(a) She wants to go to Engstrand's house.
(b) She wants to go to Italy.
(c) She wants to go to Pastor Manders' house.
(d) She wants to go to Paris.
3. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(b) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(c) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(d) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
4. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(b) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(c) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(d) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
5. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(b) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(c) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(d) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
6. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
(b) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(c) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(d) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
7. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
(a) She wants to see Nora in her costume.
(b) She was meeting with Krogstad.
(c) She wants to see Dr. Rank.
(d) She wants to take care of the children instead of Helene.
8. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(a) Strep throat.
9. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The salsa.
(b) The waltz.
(c) The flamenco.
(d) The tarentella.
10. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
(a) He will send her a detailed note.
(b) He will send his visiting card with a scull and crossbones on it.
(c) He will send her a single rose.
(d) He will send his visiting card with a black cross on it.
11. How much did the trip cost?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
12. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
(a) He plans to marry Regine and profligate the family.
(b) He plans to kill himself with morphine pills.
(c) He plans to paint as much as he can.
(d) He plans to commit himself fully to prayer.
13. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(c) Mrs. Linde.
(d) Mrs. Rank.
14. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
(a) She cannot manage the kitchen.
(b) She cannot manage the children.
(c) She cannot manage money.
(d) She cannot manage the horses.
15. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
2. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
3. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
4. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
5. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)