|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the trip cost?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
2. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(b) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(c) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(d) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
(b) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(c) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(d) "A stitch in time makes nine."
4. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to build an orphanage.
(b) He wants to build a city park.
(c) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(d) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
5. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(d) Dr. Rank.
6. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He has finished his own lab results.
(b) He and Nora are running away together.
(c) He is cured of his disease.
(d) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
7. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(b) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
(c) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
(d) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
8. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(b) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(c) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
(d) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
9. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His most treasured possession.
(b) His biggest problem.
(c) His weak link.
(d) His fierce Spaniard.
10. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back his notice.
(b) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(c) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(d) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
11. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
(a) He will send her a detailed note.
(b) He will send his visiting card with a scull and crossbones on it.
(c) He will send his visiting card with a black cross on it.
(d) He will send her a single rose.
12. What does Torvald discover in the lock of the mailbox?
(a) A feather.
(b) A piece of wood.
(c) A broken hairpin.
(d) A note from Mrs. Linde.
13. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
(b) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
(c) Regine burned it down on purpose
(d) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
14. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for Regine.
(b) He asks for the moon.
(c) He asks for the sun.
(d) He asks for a drink.
15. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
(b) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(c) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(d) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
2. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
3. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
4. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
5. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)