|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His most treasured possession.
(b) His biggest problem.
(c) His fierce Spaniard.
(d) His weak link.
2. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A Russian teahouse.
(b) A public library.
(c) A hotel for seamen.
(d) An orphanage.
3. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(d) When Oswald was lost in the country.
4. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(b) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(c) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
(d) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
5. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
(a) She proposes they never speak again.
(b) She proposes they both work at the bank together.
(c) She proposes they join forces.
(d) She proposes they steal the Helmer's things.
6. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her paintings.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her books.
(d) He disapproves of her liquor.
7. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(b) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
8. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(b) He is casual about his impending death.
(c) He is very frank about his money.
(d) He is casual about his former lover.
9. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "A stitch in time makes nine."
(b) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(c) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(d) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
10. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
(a) She was not attracted to him and did not love him.
(b) She was jealous of his promiscuous ways.
(c) She needed money to care for her mother and brothers.
(d) She only wanted his money and once she had it she was gone.
11. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Dr. Rank.
(b) He blames Krogstad.
(c) He blames her father.
(d) He blames Mrs. Linde.
12. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(b) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(c) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(d) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
13. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her flower clip.
(b) She shows him her fan.
(c) She shows him her silk stockings.
(d) She shows him her bracelet.
14. Who took care of Nora as a child?
(b) Anne Marie.
(c) Nora's father.
(d) Nora's mother.
15. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
(b) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
(c) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(d) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
2. How did Nora actually get the money?
3. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
4. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
5. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)