|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
(b) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(c) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
(d) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
2. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(b) He sends back his notice.
(c) He sends back Nora's IOU.
(d) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
3. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until he is not as in love with her.
(b) Until she has paid off the interest.
(c) Until he discovers the receipts.
(d) Until she has paid it all back.
4. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
(c) Mrs. Alving.
5. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her books.
(b) He disapproves of her paintings.
(c) He disapproves of her liquor.
(d) He disapproves of her dresses.
6. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Her father.
7. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
(a) He plans to tell him at the bank the next day.
(b) He is going to burst in to Torvald's office.
(c) He has written Torvald a letter.
(d) He plans to send him an email.
8. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
(a) He wants him to rebuild the orphanage.
(b) He wants him to give it to Mrs. Alving.
(c) He wants him to pay for Regine and Oswald's wedding.
(d) He wants him to invest in the seamen's home.
9. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for a drink.
(b) He asks for Regine.
(c) He asks for the moon.
(d) He asks for the sun.
10. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Step throat.
(b) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(c) Muscular Sclerosis.
(d) Cancer of the bones.
11. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
(b) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(c) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
(d) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
12. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
13. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A farmhand.
(c) A pastor.
(d) An artist.
14. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(d) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
15. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(b) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(c) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
(d) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
2. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
3. Who took care of Nora as a child?
4. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
5. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)