|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He and Nora are running away together.
(b) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
(c) He is cured of his disease.
(d) He has finished his own lab results.
2. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were strangers.
3. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
(a) He plans to kill himself with morphine pills.
(b) He plans to marry Regine and profligate the family.
(c) He plans to commit himself fully to prayer.
(d) He plans to paint as much as he can.
4. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(b) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
5. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
(b) He confesses he is in love with her.
(c) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(d) He confesses he truly hates her.
6. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
(a) She compares their marriage and home to Krogstad's tragedy.
(b) She compares their lives to the bank.
(c) She compares their lives to Dr. Rank's death.
(d) She compares their marriage and home to a doll house.
7. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(b) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(c) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(d) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
8. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford pipes.
(b) They cannot afford to get married.
(c) They cannot afford new clothes.
(d) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
9. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
10. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her books.
(b) He disapproves of her paintings.
(c) He disapproves of her dresses.
(d) He disapproves of her liquor.
11. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
(b) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(c) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(d) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
12. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
13. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
(b) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(c) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
(d) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
14. Who is Regine's biological parent?
(a) Mr. Alving.
(b) Pastor Manders.
15. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(b) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
2. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
4. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
5. What name has Oswald given himself?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)