Short Answer Key
A Doll's House, Act 1
1. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
She is carrying Christmas gifts.
2. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
Torvald has gotten a promotion and a raise.
3. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
She cannot manage money.
4. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
5. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
He compares her to a songbird.
6. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
7. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
He felt bored.
8. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
9. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
They went to...
This section contains 2,616 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)