|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(c) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(d) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
2. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She gives it back to Lovborg.
(b) She burns it in the fireplace.
(c) She gives it back to Tesman.
(d) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
3. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
(a) She tells him she burned it because she got cold.
(b) She tells him she burned it because Mrs. Elvsted insisted.
(c) She tells him she burned it to ensure his job at the university.
(d) She tells him she burned it because she hates Lovborg.
4. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(b) He is very frank about his money.
(c) He is casual about his impending death.
(d) He is casual about his former lover.
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the children?
2. What news does Tesman's note bring?
3. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
4. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
5. Why does Hilde decide to leave?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)