|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
(a) She has lost her one true love.
(b) She has lost her parasol.
(c) She has lost her hat.
(d) She has lost her freedom.
2. What was Solness' original vow to God?
(a) To build only churches.
(b) To build houses for people in need.
(c) To never let youth desert him.
(d) To build his own house.
3. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) He has been granted the university job.
(b) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
(c) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
(d) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
4. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(b) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(c) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(d) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
5. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(b) Dr. Rank.
(c) Mrs. Linde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
2. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
3. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
4. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
5. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)