|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
(b) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(c) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(d) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
2. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(b) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(c) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(d) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
3. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He and Nora are running away together.
(b) He is cured of his disease.
(c) He has finished his own lab results.
(d) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
4. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) They are running the same race for the fair.
(c) They are up for the same job at the university.
(d) They are building houses across the street from each other.
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(b) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(c) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
2. Why has Hilde come?
3. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
5. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)