|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(b) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
2. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
3. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(b) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(c) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(d) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
4. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(b) He is casual about his former lover.
(c) He is casual about his impending death.
(d) He is very frank about his money.
5. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
(c) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(d) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Solness' fall happen in the theatre?
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
3. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
4. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
5. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)