|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(b) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
(c) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
(d) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
2. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
(b) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(c) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
(d) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
3. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
(b) She is beautiful to look at.
(c) She has the courage to act.
(d) She has a lovely singing voice.
4. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(c) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
5. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Aunt Julle.
(c) Mr. Brack.
(d) Aunt Rina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
2. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
3. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
4. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
5. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)