|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
(a) She tells him she burned it because she hates Lovborg.
(b) She tells him she burned it because she got cold.
(c) She tells him she burned it to ensure his job at the university.
(d) She tells him she burned it because Mrs. Elvsted insisted.
2. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
(a) A frivolous, silly woman.
(b) A serious-minded scholar.
(c) A catty, cruel witch.
(d) A weepy, brittle sensitive.
3. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
(a) He wants him to give it to Mrs. Alving.
(b) He wants him to rebuild the orphanage.
(c) He wants him to invest in the seamen's home.
(d) He wants him to pay for Regine and Oswald's wedding.
4. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(b) She doesn't care one way or another.
(c) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(d) She thinks it is horrible.
5. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with older women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
2. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
3. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
4. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
5. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)