|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with older women.
2. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(b) She is carrying one of the children.
(c) She is carrying embroidery.
(d) She is carrying a letter.
3. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She is beautiful to look at.
(b) She has a lovely singing voice.
(c) She has the courage to act.
(d) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
4. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She gives it back to Lovborg.
(b) She burns it in the fireplace.
(c) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
(d) She gives it back to Tesman.
5. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
(a) She offers them cold punch.
(b) She offers them tea and cake.
(c) She offers them hot toddies.
(d) She offers them water and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Oswald given himself?
2. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
5. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)