|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(b) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
2. How does Solness suspect he may be controlling his own life?
(a) He suspects he may be obsessive-compulsive.
(b) He suspects God is angry with him.
(c) He suspects he may be spending all his money.
(d) He suspects he may be willing things to happen.
3. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to a lion.
(b) He compares her to dolphin.
(c) He compares her to a songbird.
(d) He compares her to a raccoon.
4. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Hilde Wangel.
(d) Hedda Gabler.
5. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He built a beautiful mansion.
(b) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
(c) He composed a large concerto.
(d) He has written a well-received book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
2. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
3. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
4. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
5. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)