|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(c) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(d) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
2. What was Hedda's father's career?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was a cobbler.
(c) He was a clergyman.
(d) He was a teacher.
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(b) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(c) "A stitch in time makes nine."
(d) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
4. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
5. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(b) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
(c) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
(d) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
2. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
3. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
4. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
5. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)