|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her flower clip.
(b) She shows him her bracelet.
(c) She shows him her silk stockings.
(d) She shows him her fan.
2. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her father.
(b) Engstrand is her brother.
(c) Engstrand is her uncle.
(d) Engstrand is her cousin.
3. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(b) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(c) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(d) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
4. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
(a) He will need Regine's assistance.
(b) He will need Mrs. Alving's assistance.
(c) He will need Pastor Manders' assistance.
(d) He will need Engstrand's assistance.
5. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
(a) A rough person of swarthy complexion.
(b) A frivolous blond with mounds of curls.
(c) An aristocratic figure with steel-gray eyes.
(d) A fading beauty of advancing years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
4. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
5. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)