|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the memorial will burn.
(b) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
(c) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
(d) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
2. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were strangers.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were brothers.
(d) They were enemies.
3. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(b) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
4. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(c) Mrs. Linde.
5. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) A pastor.
(b) An artist.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
2. Who arrives with news of Lovborg's attempted suicide?
3. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
4. What is Oswald's illness?
5. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)