|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Pastor Manders.
(b) She went to her mother.
(c) She went to Oswald.
(d) She went to Engstrand.
2. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(d) Mrs. Linde.
3. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first book he read.
(b) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
(c) He remembers the first cobbling.
(d) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
4. What is Oswald's illness?
(a) He has a disease that is deteriorating his brain.
(b) He has a sinus infection.
(c) He has a disease that is atrophying his muscles.
(d) He has a disease that make him sick to his stomach.
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(b) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lovborg's new book about?
2. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
3. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
4. What is Nora's costume for the party?
5. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)