|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the harpsichord.
(b) She plays the piano.
(c) She plays the guitar.
(d) She plays the oboe.
2. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
(a) A letter containing Nora's forgery.
(b) A letter containing Krogstad's notice.
(c) A letter containing Dr. Rank's will.
(d) A letter to Torvald's mother.
3. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(b) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
(c) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(d) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
4. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(b) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(c) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(d) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
5. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She does not ask about the children.
(c) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(d) She does not offer her something to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
2. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
3. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
4. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
5. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)