|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for a drink.
(b) He asks for Regine.
(c) He asks for the moon.
(d) He asks for the sun.
2. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
(a) Her study desk.
(b) Her wardrobe.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Her hip bath.
3. Who arrives with news of Lovborg's attempted suicide?
(a) Aunt Julle.
(b) Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) Mr. Brack.
4. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
5. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
(b) He thinks the memorial will burn.
(c) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
(d) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Engstrand's business idea?
2. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
3. What is Hilde's main memory of Solness?
4. Who, probably, actually is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
5. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)