|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) At Aunt Julle's house.
(b) Back at her home in the country.
(c) In his own home.
(d) In town, by the singer's house.
2. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
(a) Hedda cannot bear to watch her beloved aunt die.
(b) Hedda wants to be completely free of darkness and death.
(c) Hedda is too upset to leave the house.
(d) Hedda is expecting a visit from her father.
3. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
(a) A letter to Torvald's mother.
(b) A letter containing Dr. Rank's will.
(c) A letter containing Nora's forgery.
(d) A letter containing Krogstad's notice.
4. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(b) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
5. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(b) She hopes for a husband.
(c) She hopes for a new puppy.
(d) She hopes for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
2. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
3. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
4. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
5. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)