|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the oboe.
(b) She plays the piano.
(c) She plays the harpsichord.
(d) She plays the guitar.
2. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to dolphin.
(b) He compares her to a songbird.
(c) He compares her to a lion.
(d) He compares her to a raccoon.
3. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(b) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(c) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(d) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
4. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased a parasol.
(b) She purchased a new hat.
(c) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(d) She purchased new shoes.
5. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He composed a large concerto.
(b) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
(c) He has written a well-received book.
(d) He built a beautiful mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
2. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
3. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
4. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
5. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)