|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
(b) They will use Lovborg's notes.
(c) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
(d) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
2. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(b) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(c) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(d) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
3. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(b) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(c) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
4. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
(a) Nora is giving birth to another child.
(b) Nora has gotten a new job.
(c) Torvald has gotten a promotion and a raise.
(d) Dr. Rank is getting married.
5. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
(a) She must always cook immaculately.
(b) She must always perform her duty.
(c) She must always take care of the children.
(d) She must always be on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
2. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
3. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
4. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
5. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)