|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for Regine.
(b) He asks for a drink.
(c) He asks for the moon.
(d) He asks for the sun.
2. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
(d) Mrs. Alving.
3. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford pipes.
(b) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(c) They cannot afford new clothes.
(d) They cannot afford to get married.
4. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
(b) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
(c) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
(d) He has been granted the university job.
5. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Cancer of the bones.
(b) Tuberculosis of the spine.
(c) Step throat.
(d) Muscular Sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Engstrand's business idea?
2. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
3. How does Hedda die?
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
5. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)