|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her paintings.
(b) He disapproves of her dresses.
(c) He disapproves of her books.
(d) He disapproves of her liquor.
2. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(b) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(c) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(d) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
3. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
(a) He compares her to dolphin.
(b) He compares her to a raccoon.
(c) He compares her to a lion.
(d) He compares her to a songbird.
4. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
(b) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(c) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(d) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
5. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
(b) He confesses he is in love with her.
(c) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(d) He confesses he truly hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
2. What is the name of the orphanage?
3. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
4. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
5. For what kind of building was Solness constructing the tower many years ago?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)