|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks it is not graceful.
(b) He thinks it is too tame.
(c) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(d) He thinks it is too wild.
2. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(b) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(c) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
(d) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
4. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(d) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
5. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
(a) He feels Engstrand is honest and willing to confess is failures.
(b) He and Engstrand are brothers and he has always had a soft spot for him.
(c) Engstrand saved the Pastor's life once, long ago.
(d) Engstrand's daughter is the Pastor's wife, and it is only fitting for the Pastor to like him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
2. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
3. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
4. What news does Tesman's note bring?
5. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)