|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(b) He refers to her new job.
(c) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
2. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
(b) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(c) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(d) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
3. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
(a) He suffered from depression much of the time.
(b) His love for Mrs. Alving outshone even his moral scruples.
(c) He had a great joy of living, and life in the small town took its toll on him.
(d) He has a disease, just like Oswald, and did not know what he did.
4. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(b) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(c) She had admired it ever since childhood.
(d) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
5. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
(b) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(c) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
(d) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
2. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
3. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
4. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
5. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)