|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Dr. Rank.
(b) He blames Mrs. Linde.
(c) He blames Krogstad.
(d) He blames her father.
2. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(b) They are up for the same job at the university.
(c) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
3. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
(a) He asks her to help him keep his job at the bank.
(b) He asks her to put in a good word with Mrs. Linde.
(c) He asks her to watch his children for the evening.
(d) He asks her to mend his coat for him.
4. What object(s) does Hedda keep imagining in Lovborg's hair?
(c) Vine leaves.
(d) A straw hat.
5. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His weak link.
(b) His biggest problem.
(c) His fierce Spaniard.
(d) His most treasured possession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
2. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
3. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
4. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
5. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)