|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
(a) He plans to commit himself fully to prayer.
(b) He plans to kill himself with morphine pills.
(c) He plans to paint as much as he can.
(d) He plans to marry Regine and profligate the family.
2. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying one of the children.
(b) She is carrying embroidery.
(c) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(d) She is carrying a letter.
3. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
(a) She was not attracted to him and did not love him.
(b) She was jealous of his promiscuous ways.
(c) She only wanted his money and once she had it she was gone.
(d) She needed money to care for her mother and brothers.
4. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(b) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(c) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(d) She had admired it ever since childhood.
5. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
(a) She cannot manage money.
(b) She cannot manage the children.
(c) She cannot manage the horses.
(d) She cannot manage the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Engstrand's business idea?
2. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
3. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
4. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
5. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)