|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
(a) His fierce Spaniard.
(b) His most treasured possession.
(c) His biggest problem.
(d) His weak link.
2. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
(a) She was meeting with Krogstad.
(b) She wants to see Nora in her costume.
(c) She wants to see Dr. Rank.
(d) She wants to take care of the children instead of Helene.
3. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
4. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(b) She hints that she may kill herself.
(c) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(d) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
5. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) They are up for the same job at the university.
(c) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
2. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
3. What name has Oswald given himself?
4. How much did the trip cost?
5. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)