|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(b) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(c) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(d) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
2. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mr. Krogstad.
(d) Dr. Rank.
3. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(c) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
4. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(b) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(c) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
(d) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
2. How much did the trip cost?
3. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
4. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
5. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)