|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(b) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(c) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(d) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
2. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
(b) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(c) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(d) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
3. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until he discovers the receipts.
(b) Until she has paid it all back.
(c) Until she has paid off the interest.
(d) Until he is not as in love with her.
4. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She does not offer her something to drink.
(c) She does not ask about the children.
(d) She forgets to invite her to sit.
5. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
(a) She compares it to a guitar.
(b) She compares it to a horse.
(c) She compares it to a child.
(d) She compares it to a meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
2. What was Hedda's father's career?
3. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
5. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)