|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(b) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(c) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
2. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(b) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(c) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(d) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
3. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(c) He cannot stand her.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
4. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
(b) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(c) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(d) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
5. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
2. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
3. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
4. How did Nora actually get the money?
5. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)