|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(a) Mrs. Rank.
(b) Mrs. Linde.
2. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
(a) She is carrying Christmas gifts.
(b) She is carrying a letter.
(c) She is carrying embroidery.
(d) She is carrying one of the children.
3. Why was Lovborg arrested?
(a) He jay-walked.
(b) He accused an ex-lover of stealing his manuscript.
(c) He killed Mr. Brack with Hedda's pistol.
(d) He littered.
4. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
(a) He is concerned about saving his sanity.
(b) He is concerned about preserving their public appearance.
(c) He is concerned about saving Dr. Rank from her treachery.
(d) He is concerned about saving her clothing for his next wife.
5. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are running the same race for the fair.
(b) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(d) They are up for the same job at the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
2. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
3. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
4. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
5. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)