|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
(a) She will be a wood nymph and he will be a satyr.
(b) She will be Aphrodite and he will be Zeus.
(c) She will be Lady Luck and he will be invisible.
(d) She will be a gypsy and he will be a policeman.
2. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(b) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(c) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(d) She hints that she may kill herself.
3. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Krogstad.
(b) He blames Mrs. Linde.
(c) He blames Dr. Rank.
(d) He blames her father.
4. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
(a) He had a great joy of living, and life in the small town took its toll on him.
(b) He has a disease, just like Oswald, and did not know what he did.
(c) He suffered from depression much of the time.
(d) His love for Mrs. Alving outshone even his moral scruples.
5. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(b) An Arabian serving maid.
(c) An English princess.
(d) An American Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
2. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
3. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
4. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
5. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)