|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
(b) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
(c) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(d) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
2. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(d) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
3. How long was Hedda and Jorgen's honeymoon?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
4. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(b) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(c) She hints that she may kill herself.
(d) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
5. What is Lovborg's new book about?
(a) A history of machination.
(b) A medical thesaurus.
(c) The future of the wilderness.
(d) The future of civilization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
2. What favor does Krogstad ask of Nora?
3. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
4. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)