|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(c) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(d) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
2. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(b) She hints that she may kill herself.
(c) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(d) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
3. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(b) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
(c) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
(d) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
4. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(b) Pastor Manders.
(d) Mrs. Alving.
5. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
(b) He has been granted the university job.
(c) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
(d) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
2. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
3. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
4. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)