|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
(a) Until she has paid it all back.
(b) Until he is not as in love with her.
(c) Until he discovers the receipts.
(d) Until she has paid off the interest.
2. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
(b) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(c) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
(d) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
3. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(b) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
(c) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(d) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
4. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
(b) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
(c) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(d) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
5. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
3. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
4. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
5. How much did the trip cost?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)