|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(b) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(c) She hints that she may kill herself.
(d) She hints that Kristine will help her.
2. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(b) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(c) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(d) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
3. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
(d) Mrs. Linde.
4. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
5. To what does Nora compare her and Torvald's life?
(a) She compares their lives to Dr. Rank's death.
(b) She compares their lives to the bank.
(c) She compares their marriage and home to Krogstad's tragedy.
(d) She compares their marriage and home to a doll house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
2. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
3. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
4. How long does Nora plan to wait to tell Torvald about the borrowing?
5. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)