Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Doll's House, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(b) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
(c) She is pregnant again.
(d) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
2. In the past year, what did Nora do two weeks before Christmas?
(a) Nora shut herself in and made paper decoration.
(b) Nora took a trip to Milan to shop.
(c) Nora cleaned the house top to bottom.
(d) Nora slaved over pies and candy in the kitchen.
3. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
(a) A weepy, brittle sensitive.
(b) A frivolous, silly woman.
(c) A catty, cruel witch.
(d) A serious-minded scholar.
4. Who does Torvald think loaned Nora the money to go south?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Krogstad.
(d) Dr. Rank.
5. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
(a) Nora is giving birth to another child.
(b) Nora has gotten a new job.
(c) Dr. Rank is getting married.
(d) Torvald has gotten a promotion and a raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Torvald feel during Nora's project?
2. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
3. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
4. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
5. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)