|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(d) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
2. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(b) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(c) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(d) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
3. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
(a) She tells him she burned it because Mrs. Elvsted insisted.
(b) She tells him she burned it because she got cold.
(c) She tells him she burned it because she hates Lovborg.
(d) She tells him she burned it to ensure his job at the university.
4. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for the moon.
(b) He asks for a drink.
(c) He asks for Regine.
(d) He asks for the sun.
5. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He has finished his own lab results.
(b) He is cured of his disease.
(c) He and Nora are running away together.
(d) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the orphanage burn down?
2. Which of the assistants was once the Master Builder?
3. Which of the assistants has ambition of becoming a builder?
4. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
5. What is the most important element to Aline in her life?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)