|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's reputation among her friends and family?
(a) A frivolous, silly woman.
(b) A weepy, brittle sensitive.
(c) A serious-minded scholar.
(d) A catty, cruel witch.
2. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to her mother.
(b) She went to Pastor Manders.
(c) She went to Oswald.
(d) She went to Engstrand.
3. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her dresses.
(b) He disapproves of her books.
(c) He disapproves of her liquor.
(d) He disapproves of her paintings.
4. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
(b) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(c) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
(d) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
5. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(b) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(c) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
(d) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage?
2. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
3. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
4. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
5. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)