|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, probably, actually is the woman who inspired Lovborg's book?
(a) The red-haired singer.
(c) Aunt Julle.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
2. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(b) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(c) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(d) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
3. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(b) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(c) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
(d) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
4. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were enemies.
(b) They were strangers.
(c) They were friends.
(d) They were brothers.
5. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
(a) Law and order.
(b) Religion and morality.
(c) Lies and deceit.
(d) Parents and children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
2. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
3. Who is Regine's biological parent?
4. What news does Tesman's note bring?
5. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)