|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She does not ask about the children.
(c) She does not offer her something to drink.
(d) She forgets to invite her to sit.
2. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
(a) He will need Engstrand's assistance.
(b) He will need Mrs. Alving's assistance.
(c) He will need Regine's assistance.
(d) He will need Pastor Manders' assistance.
3. What does Oswald think will happen to any attempted memorial of his father?
(a) He thinks the memorial will be exalted by the community.
(b) He thinks the plans will never come to fruition.
(c) He thinks the memorial will burn.
(d) He thinks the plans will be flooded, like the orphanage.
4. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(d) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
5. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(b) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
(c) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
(d) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
2. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
3. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
4. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
5. Who is Regine's biological parent?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)