|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An Arabian serving maid.
(b) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(c) An American Indian.
(d) An English princess.
2. To what does Mrs. Elvsted compare the manuscript?
(a) She compares it to a child.
(b) She compares it to a horse.
(c) She compares it to a guitar.
(d) She compares it to a meal.
3. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(b) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
(c) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
(d) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
4. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
(a) He blames Mrs. Linde.
(b) He blames her father.
(c) He blames Dr. Rank.
(d) He blames Krogstad.
5. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford to get married.
(b) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(c) They cannot afford new clothes.
(d) They cannot afford pipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
2. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
3. What gift does Hedda give Mr. Lovborg?
4. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
5. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)