|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
(a) Mr. Brack.
(b) Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) Ejlert Lovborg.
2. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
(a) He asks for a drink.
(b) He asks for the moon.
(c) He asks for Regine.
(d) He asks for the sun.
3. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
(a) She proposes they steal the Helmer's things.
(b) She proposes they never speak again.
(c) She proposes they both work at the bank together.
(d) She proposes they join forces.
4. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(b) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
5. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies of a carriage accident.
(b) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
4. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
5. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)