|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
(a) His saber.
(b) His pistols.
(c) His money clip.
(d) His fountain pen.
2. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(b) She had admired it ever since childhood.
(c) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(d) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
3. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(b) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(c) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(d) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
4. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(d) Strep throat.
5. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(b) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(c) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
2. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
3. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
4. What is Lovborg's new book about?
5. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)