|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Hilde come?
(a) She is in love with Ragnar.
(b) She remembers a promise Solness made to her ten years ago.
(c) She misses Aline, who is her very good friend.
(d) She is responding to an advertisement for a job.
2. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(b) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
(c) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(d) She needs extra money for a business venture.
3. What was Hedda's father's career?
(a) He was a clergyman.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a cobbler.
(d) He was a general.
4. How did Nora actually get the money?
(a) She earned it at waitressing.
(b) She borrowed it.
(c) She stole it.
(d) She won it at the lottery.
5. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
(b) He wants to build an orphanage.
(c) He wants to build a city park.
(d) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
2. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
3. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
4. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
5. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)