|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
(a) He composed a large concerto.
(b) He opened a chain of grocery stores.
(c) He has written a well-received book.
(d) He built a beautiful mansion.
2. What name has Oswald given himself?
(a) The Venus di Milo.
(b) The Second Coming.
(c) The Prodigal Sun.
(d) Mr. Alving.
3. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her father.
(b) Engstrand is her uncle.
(c) Engstrand is her brother.
(d) Engstrand is her cousin.
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
(b) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(c) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(d) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
5. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(b) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
(c) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
(d) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
2. When Torvald became ill, where did he and Nora go?
3. Who is Regine's biological parent?
4. What is Engstrand's business idea?
5. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)