|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(b) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
2. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
(a) He will tell Tesman that they are having an affair.
(b) He will tell Aunt Julle that Hedda killed Aunt Rina.
(c) He will let the word get out that Lovborg had her pistol.
(d) He will tell Mrs. Elvsted that Hedda had a relationship with Lovborg.
3. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
(b) He and Nora are running away together.
(c) He has finished his own lab results.
(d) He is cured of his disease.
4. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
(a) He is concerned about preserving their public appearance.
(b) He is concerned about saving his sanity.
(c) He is concerned about saving her clothing for his next wife.
(d) He is concerned about saving Dr. Rank from her treachery.
5. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is April.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is June.
(d) It is September.
Short Answer Questions
1. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who took care of Nora as a child?
3. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
4. How does Krogstad plan to tell Torvald of Nora's IOU?
5. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)