|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(b) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(c) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
(d) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
2. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
(b) He remembers the first book he read.
(c) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
(d) He remembers the first cobbling.
3. What was Hedda's father's career?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a clergyman.
(d) He was a cobbler.
4. What has Tesman rescued for Lovborg?
(a) He has rescued the manuscript.
(b) He has rescued his wine glass.
(c) He has rescued his wife.
(d) He has rescued his wallet.
5. What daily responsibility does Nora have trouble managing, according to Torvald?
(a) She cannot manage money.
(b) She cannot manage the horses.
(c) She cannot manage the kitchen.
(d) She cannot manage the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
2. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
3. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
4. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
5. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)