|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
(a) He wants his money back with interest.
(b) He wants Nora to come with him and be his wife.
(c) He wants Torvald to work for him.
(d) He wants a new, more important job at the bank.
2. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
(a) A letter to Torvald's mother.
(b) A letter containing Nora's forgery.
(c) A letter containing Dr. Rank's will.
(d) A letter containing Krogstad's notice.
3. How does Solness suspect he may be controlling his own life?
(a) He suspects he may be obsessive-compulsive.
(b) He suspects he may be spending all his money.
(c) He suspects he may be willing things to happen.
(d) He suspects God is angry with him.
4. Why won't Hedda go with Tesman to Aunt Julle's?
(a) Hedda wants to be completely free of darkness and death.
(b) Hedda cannot bear to watch her beloved aunt die.
(c) Hedda is too upset to leave the house.
(d) Hedda is expecting a visit from her father.
5. With whom does Tesman entrust Lovborg's manuscript?
(a) Mr. Brack.
(c) Mrs. Elvsted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
2. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
3. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
4. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
5. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)