|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
(b) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
(c) He has been granted the university job.
(d) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
2. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(b) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
3. What excuse does Hedda give about her former relationship with Lovborg?
(a) She claims she was a sheltered young girl curious about the world.
(b) She claims her father meant for them to be together.
(c) She claims he took complete and unsolicited advantage of her.
(d) She claims her love for Ejlert could not be contained.
4. Why has Hilde come?
(a) She misses Aline, who is her very good friend.
(b) She remembers a promise Solness made to her ten years ago.
(c) She is responding to an advertisement for a job.
(d) She is in love with Ragnar.
5. With what type of person is Solness prone to having relationships?
(a) He is prone to relationships with younger women.
(b) He is prone to relationships with very intelligent women.
(c) He is prone to relationships with older women.
(d) He is prone to relationships with very poor women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
2. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
3. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
4. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
5. What was Hedda's father's career?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)