|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
(a) They are, in fact, half brother and half sister.
(b) Regine is Mrs. Alving's biological daughter.
(c) She is not Oswald's biological mother.
(d) They are actually betrothed, and have been since birth.
2. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her brother.
(b) Engstrand is her cousin.
(c) Engstrand is her uncle.
(d) Engstrand is her father.
3. Who actually loaned Nora the money?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(c) Her father.
4. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
(b) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(c) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(d) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
5. What does Hedda finally do with the manuscript?
(a) She claims it as her own and publishes it.
(b) She burns it in the fireplace.
(c) She gives it back to Tesman.
(d) She gives it back to Lovborg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
2. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
3. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
4. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
5. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)