|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
(b) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(c) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(d) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
2. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were strangers.
(d) They were enemies.
3. What object(s) does Hedda keep imagining in Lovborg's hair?
(c) A straw hat.
(d) Vine leaves.
4. What news does Tesman's note bring?
(a) He has been granted the university job.
(b) His Aunt Rina is close to death.
(c) His Aunt Julle is coming to visit.
(d) His friend Mr. Brack has been killed.
5. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(b) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(c) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
(d) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Oswald given himself?
2. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly to stay with Mr. and Mrs. Solness?
4. How does Solness suspect he may be controlling his own life?
5. Who is the only person Nora has left out of her shopping spree?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)