|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
(a) Regine is Mrs. Alving's biological daughter.
(b) They are, in fact, half brother and half sister.
(c) She is not Oswald's biological mother.
(d) They are actually betrothed, and have been since birth.
2. What does Krogstad send back to Torvald?
(a) He sends back Dr. Rank's card.
(b) He sends back his notice.
(c) He sends back the money Nora paid him.
(d) He sends back Nora's IOU.
3. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(b) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(c) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
(d) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
4. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
(a) She thought it was the most interesting experience.
(b) She thought it was horribly tedious.
(c) She was completely exhausted by the trip.
(d) She thought it was so exciting.
5. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
(a) She wants to go to Engstrand's house.
(b) She wants to go to Paris.
(c) She wants to go to Italy.
(d) She wants to go to Pastor Manders' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lovborg really die?
2. Why are the Helmers excited for the new year?
3. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
4. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
5. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)