|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(b) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(c) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(d) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
2. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) A pastor.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A farmhand.
(d) An artist.
3. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
4. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
5. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(b) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(c) She hints that she may kill herself.
(d) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Torvald's best friend?
2. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
3. What is Nora carrying as she enters Act 1?
4. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
5. To what animal does Torvald often compare Nora?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)