|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ghosts, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(b) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(c) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(d) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
2. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
(b) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(c) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
(d) She is pregnant again.
3. What disease does Dr. Rank have?
(a) Muscular Sclerosis.
(b) Step throat.
(c) Cancer of the bones.
(d) Tuberculosis of the spine.
4. Who took care of Nora as a child?
(a) Anne Marie.
(c) Nora's father.
(d) Nora's mother.
5. What does Kristine propose between she and Krogstad?
(a) She proposes they never speak again.
(b) She proposes they steal the Helmer's things.
(c) She proposes they both work at the bank together.
(d) She proposes they join forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
2. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
3. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
4. What crime does Krogstad reveal Nora has committed?
5. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)