|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Master Builder, Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
(a) She tells him she burned it because she got cold.
(b) She tells him she burned it to ensure his job at the university.
(c) She tells him she burned it because Mrs. Elvsted insisted.
(d) She tells him she burned it because she hates Lovborg.
2. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(a) Hedda Gabler.
(c) Mrs. Linde.
3. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
(a) A Russian teahouse.
(b) A hotel for seamen.
(c) A public library.
(d) An orphanage.
4. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
(a) He and Engstrand are brothers and he has always had a soft spot for him.
(b) Engstrand's daughter is the Pastor's wife, and it is only fitting for the Pastor to like him.
(c) He feels Engstrand is honest and willing to confess is failures.
(d) Engstrand saved the Pastor's life once, long ago.
5. Why has Kristine come to seek work?
(a) She needs extra money for a business venture.
(b) She misses Nora because they were best friends.
(c) She is a widow and has nowhere else to turn.
(d) She is tired of her career and wants to try something new.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
2. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
3. What does Lovborg tell Mrs. Elvsted about the manuscript?
4. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
5. What is Nora's costume for the party?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)