|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her silk stockings.
(b) She shows him her bracelet.
(c) She shows him her fan.
(d) She shows him her flower clip.
2. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
(a) He send her father, Engstrand, away in anger.
(b) He mentioned bringing her to Paris, which he forgot.
(c) He borrowed money from her and did not pay it back.
(d) He dropped a teacup that shattered and she had to clean up.
3. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
(a) He wants him to give it to Mrs. Alving.
(b) He wants him to invest in the seamen's home.
(c) He wants him to rebuild the orphanage.
(d) He wants him to pay for Regine and Oswald's wedding.
4. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
(a) She is seeking revenge on Aunt Julle.
(b) She longs for an evening alone with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) She plans to meet him in secret later.
(d) She wants to feel in control of someone's destiny.
5. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
(a) She offers them hot toddies.
(b) She offers them water and bread.
(c) She offers them cold punch.
(d) She offers them tea and cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
2. What does Torvald call Nora after Mrs. Linde leaves?
3. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
4. Who does Torvald blame for Nora's fall from grace?
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)