|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
(a) He plans to marry Regine and profligate the family.
(b) He plans to commit himself fully to prayer.
(c) He plans to paint as much as he can.
(d) He plans to kill himself with morphine pills.
2. What is Nora's costume for the party?
(a) An English princess.
(b) An American Indian.
(c) A Neapolitan fisher lass.
(d) An Arabian serving maid.
3. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(b) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
(c) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
(d) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
4. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(b) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(c) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(d) She had admired it ever since childhood.
5. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(b) Strep throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
4. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
5. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)