|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
(a) Parents and children.
(b) Religion and morality.
(c) Law and order.
(d) Lies and deceit.
2. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
3. How does Hedda describe her vacation?
(a) She was completely exhausted by the trip.
(b) She thought it was horribly tedious.
(c) She thought it was so exciting.
(d) She thought it was the most interesting experience.
4. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
(b) Mrs. Alving.
5. What refreshment does Hedda offer to her guests?
(a) She offers them tea and cake.
(b) She offers them hot toddies.
(c) She offers them cold punch.
(d) She offers them water and bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
2. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
3. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
4. Who took care of Nora as a child?
5. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)