|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dr. Rank allowed himself such a merry evening?
(a) He has fallen in love with Mrs. Linde.
(b) He is cured of his disease.
(c) He and Nora are running away together.
(d) He has finished his own lab results.
2. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(b) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(c) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(d) She hints that she may kill herself.
3. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(b) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(c) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(d) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
4. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
(a) She had an illicit relationship with him and became pregnant.
(b) She found him pathetically eager to support her while no one else was.
(c) She was betrothed to him as a small child.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and he with her.
5. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has witnessed the Pastor's transgression?
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
3. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
4. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
5. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)