|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
(b) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
(c) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
(d) Regine burned it down on purpose
2. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her fan.
(b) She shows him her bracelet.
(c) She shows him her silk stockings.
(d) She shows him her flower clip.
3. What does Dr. Rank plan to send to Nora to alert her of his final descent?
(a) He will send her a single rose.
(b) He will send his visiting card with a scull and crossbones on it.
(c) He will send his visiting card with a black cross on it.
(d) He will send her a detailed note.
4. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
(a) Strep throat.
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(b) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(c) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
(d) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
2. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
3. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
4. What is Nora's costume for the party?
5. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)