|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
(b) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
(c) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(d) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
2. Why does Torvald stay away from Nora at parties?
(a) He is always accompanying Dr. Rank.
(b) He cannot stand her.
(c) He is pretending they are secret lovers and engaged.
(d) He is jealous of the attention she receives.
3. When they were younger, what was the relationship between Torvald and Krogstad?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were strangers.
4. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(b) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(c) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(d) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
5. Who pursues Krogstad in an attempt to help Nora?
(a) Dr. Rank.
(b) Mrs. Linde.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important piece of biological information does Mrs. Alving reveal to Regine and Oswald?
2. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
3. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
4. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
5. What is Oswald's plan once his illness incapacitates him?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)