|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
2. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Pastor Manders.
(b) She went to her mother.
(c) She went to Engstrand.
(d) She went to Oswald.
3. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(b) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(c) He refers to her new horse.
(d) He refers to her new job.
4. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Regine burned it down on purpose
(b) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
(c) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
(d) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
5. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(b) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
(c) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(d) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
2. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
3. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
4. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
5. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)