|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
(a) He was told by Pastor Manders that Johanna needed a guiding hand and he could help by raising her child.
(b) He was told by a colleague that Regine was the daughter of his brother, and needed a home.
(c) He was told by Johanna that her father was a foreigner, and all the money went to Regine's education.
(d) He was told by Mrs. Alving that Regine was the Captain's child and to keep it a secret.
2. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
(a) He wants his money back with interest.
(b) He wants Torvald to work for him.
(c) He wants Nora to come with him and be his wife.
(d) He wants a new, more important job at the bank.
3. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(b) Mrs. Alving.
(c) Pastor Manders.
4. What letter does Torvald ask Helene to mail?
(a) A letter containing Krogstad's notice.
(b) A letter to Torvald's mother.
(c) A letter containing Dr. Rank's will.
(d) A letter containing Nora's forgery.
5. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to her mother.
(b) She went to Pastor Manders.
(c) She went to Oswald.
(d) She went to Engstrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
2. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
3. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
4. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
5. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)