|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her new job.
(b) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(c) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(d) He refers to her new horse.
2. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
(a) Mr. Brack.
(c) Ejlert Lovborg.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
3. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
(a) She wants to leave with Krogstad and never come back.
(b) She wants them to be distracted while they steal the money.
(c) She secretly hates Nora and wants her to fail.
(d) She thinks Torvald must know the truth.
4. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
(b) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(c) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(d) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
5. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(b) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
(c) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(d) She had admired it ever since childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
2. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
3. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
4. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
5. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)