|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Hedda Gabler.
2. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
(a) He wants him to give it to Mrs. Alving.
(b) He wants him to invest in the seamen's home.
(c) He wants him to pay for Regine and Oswald's wedding.
(d) He wants him to rebuild the orphanage.
3. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She had admired it ever since childhood.
(b) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(c) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(d) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
4. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(a) Mrs. Alving.
(d) Pastor Manders.
5. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
(b) Regine burned it down on purpose
(c) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
(d) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
2. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
3. What is Lovborg's new book about?
4. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
5. What is Oswald's illness?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)