|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
2. What event is Dr. Rank very frank about with Nora?
(a) He is casual about his impending death.
(b) He is very frank about his love for Mrs. Rank.
(c) He is casual about his former lover.
(d) He is very frank about his money.
3. Why did Kristine end her relationship with Krogstad?
(a) She only wanted his money and once she had it she was gone.
(b) She was jealous of his promiscuous ways.
(c) She needed money to care for her mother and brothers.
(d) She was not attracted to him and did not love him.
4. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(b) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(c) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
(d) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
5. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(b) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(c) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
(d) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Mrs. Linde give for being at the Helmers' residence?
2. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
3. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
4. What does Oswald feel he has to make up to Regine?
5. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)