|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Torvald concerned about saving from their relationship?
(a) He is concerned about saving her clothing for his next wife.
(b) He is concerned about preserving their public appearance.
(c) He is concerned about saving his sanity.
(d) He is concerned about saving Dr. Rank from her treachery.
2. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
(b) Mrs. Linde.
(c) Mrs. Rank.
3. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
4. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
(a) She feels she has been selfish and controlling.
(b) She feels she has been a coward.
(c) She feels she has been too altruistic.
(d) She feels she has been completely immoral.
5. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
(a) He desperately wanted a child and circumstances worked in his favor.
(b) He was paid very well to keep her real father a secret.
(c) He was fooled by his wife and has no idea he is not Regine's real father.
(d) He felt sorry for the unborn baby and took the blame on himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
2. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
3. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
4. What does Oswald ask for at the end of the play?
5. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)