|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(b) He confesses he truly hates her.
(c) He confesses he is in love with her.
(d) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
2. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
(a) Mrs. Alving.
(b) Pastor Manders.
3. What does Krogstad want from Torvald?
(a) He wants a new, more important job at the bank.
(b) He wants his money back with interest.
(c) He wants Torvald to work for him.
(d) He wants Nora to come with him and be his wife.
4. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
(a) She is tired of his constant mistresses.
(b) She is tired of him and wants to live somewhere else.
(c) She is in love with Dr. Rank.
(d) She must learn to stand on her own two feet.
5. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
(a) He is awed by her performance and wants to have his way with her.
(b) He is confused by her mistakes and is taking her away to chastise her.
(c) He is upset with her performance and plans to berate her in private.
(d) He does not want to spoil the effect of her performance by letting her loiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
2. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
3. What does Engstrand want the Pastor to do with the remainder of Alving's money?
4. Why does Hedda goad Lovborg into going to the party?
5. What is Nora's costume for the party?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)