|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Alving credit with her intellectual awakening?
(a) She credits Regine, whose love for her son warms her heart.
(b) She credits Pastor Manders, whose advice forced her to reexamine the system.
(c) She credits Mr. Alving, whose morality and generosity she always envied.
(d) She credits Oswald, whose zest for art has been her saving grace.
2. Where is Mr. Lovborg invited upon his arrival to the Tesmans'?
(a) He is invited to the back porch by Hedda.
(b) He is invited to Mrs. Elvsted's for tea.
(c) He is invited to Mr. Brack's for a party.
(d) He is invited to the theatre by Aunt Julle.
3. To whom did Mrs. Alving run when her married life became unbearable?
(a) She went to Engstrand.
(b) She went to Oswald.
(c) She went to Pastor Manders.
(d) She went to her mother.
4. What is Torvald unwilling to sacrifice, but Nora claims that thousands of women have to?
(a) He is unwilling to sacrifice his house.
(b) He is unwilling to sacrifice his reputation.
(c) He is unwilling to sacrifice his money.
(d) He is unwilling to sacrifice his honor.
5. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
(a) He suggests they begin a triangular relationship.
(b) He suggests she repaint the house.
(c) He suggests she shoot Tesman.
(d) He suggests she divorce Tesman and marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
2. What costumes does Dr. Rank suggest for himself and Nora at the next party?
3. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
4. Who does Dr. Rank think will replace him in the Helmer house?
5. Why does Kristine insist Krogstad leave the letter in the box?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)