|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of her costume does Nora show Dr. Rank?
(a) She shows him her silk stockings.
(b) She shows him her bracelet.
(c) She shows him her fan.
(d) She shows him her flower clip.
2. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
(a) Her lover's life was on the line and Alving offered him redemption.
(b) She was desperately in love with him and could not live without him.
(c) She felt sorry for him because he was so in love with her.
(d) Her mother and sisters said she would be a fool to pass up his offer.
3. What happens to the orphanage at the end of Act 2?
(a) The orphanage is blown over by wind.
(b) The orphanage is painted and vandalized.
(c) The orphanage catches fire and burns down.
(d) The orphanage is flooded by the rain.
4. What does Mrs. Alving think is the cause of all the trouble in the world?
(a) Lies and deceit.
(b) Religion and morality.
(c) Parents and children.
(d) Law and order.
5. What suggestion does Torvald give Mrs. Linde?
(a) He suggests she take up embroidery instead of knitting.
(b) He suggests she end her relationship with Nora.
(c) He suggests she fix her hair in a more attractive way, like Nora's hair.
(d) He suggests she end her relationship with Krogstad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose assistance will Oswald need if his illness progresses?
2. Who is Oswald convinced would help him kill himself?
3. What excuse does Mrs. Alving give for Mr. Alving's behavior?
4. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
5. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)