|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nora hint at at the end of Act 2?
(a) She hints that Kristine will help her.
(b) She hints that she will not dance the tarentella.
(c) She hints that she will kill Krogstad.
(d) She hints that she may kill herself.
2. What ultimatum does Mrs. Alving want to give Oswald?
(a) She wants him to either go abroad and do art or stay at home and give it up.
(b) She wants him to either marry Regine or send her packing.
(c) She wants him to either quit smoking his pipe or only smoke it in his room.
(d) She wants him to either go study with Pastor Manders or stay at home with her.
3. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks it is too wild.
(b) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(c) He thinks it is too tame.
(d) He thinks it is not graceful.
4. Why does Lovborg say that Mrs. Elvsted is a good companion?
(a) She has the courage to act.
(b) She has a lovely singing voice.
(c) She is beautiful to look at.
(d) She is extremely intelligent and thoughtful.
5. Why did the orphanage burn down?
(a) Pastor Manders was careless with a candle.
(b) Regine burned it down on purpose
(c) Engstrand was careless with a cigarette.
(d) Oswald was careless with his pipe tobacco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hedda "playfully" shoot at?
2. Why did Hedda marry Tesman?
3. Where does Regine plan to go instead of staying in the Alvings' house?
4. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
5. What story does Engstrand tell about Regine's parentage?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)