|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feelings does Dr. Rank confess to Nora?
(a) He confesses he truly hates her.
(b) He confesses he is in love with her.
(c) He confesses he is jealous of Helene.
(d) He confesses he dislikes Torvald.
2. What does Mr. Brack suggest to Hedda?
(a) He suggests she repaint the house.
(b) He suggests she divorce Tesman and marry him.
(c) He suggests she shoot Tesman.
(d) He suggests they begin a triangular relationship.
3. What did the doctor say to Oswald?
(a) "The sins of the father are visiting upon the children."
(b) "You lie like a rug on the floor."
(c) "A penny saved is a penny earned."
(d) "A stitch in time makes nine."
4. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks it is too wild.
(b) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(c) He thinks it is too tame.
(d) He thinks it is not graceful.
5. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
(a) He refers to her caring for Aunt Rina.
(b) He refers to her new horse.
(c) He refers to her alleged pregnancy.
(d) He refers to her new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nora leave Torvald?
2. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
3. What trait in herself does Mrs. Alving regret?
4. Why did Mrs. Alving marry Captain Alving?
5. What disease is Oswald probably suffering from?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)