|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmer think is wrong with Nora's tarentella?
(a) He thinks it is too wild.
(b) He thinks it is not graceful.
(c) He thinks the steps are wrong.
(d) He thinks it is too tame.
2. What card does Torvald receive from Dr. Rank?
(a) He receives a congratulations for the new baby.
(b) He receives a calling card with a black cross.
(c) He receives a birthday invitation for the next week.
(d) He receives a wedding invitation with a red heart.
3. What does Nora tell Dr. Rank is her "big secret"?
(a) She has hired Mrs. Linde to work in the house for them.
(b) She is pregnant again.
(c) She has committed fraud and needs to pay back her lender.
(d) She has ordered a new costume and does not want to tell Torvald.
4. What dance does Nora learn in Capri?
(a) The flamenco.
(b) The tarentella.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The salsa.
5. Why did Hedda mention she liked the villa?
(a) She wanted to be near the sea, where the villa stood.
(b) She knew it was Tesman's dream house and wanted him to be happy.
(c) She had admired it ever since childhood.
(d) She mentioned it on a walk with the awkward Tesman because she felt sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Torvald whisk Nora away so quickly after the dance?
2. Who took care of Nora as a child?
3. What new responsibility of Hedda's does Mr. Brack refer to?
4. Who does Dr. Rank want Nora to prevent from visiting him in his final illness?
5. Why did Engstrand claim Regine as his own child?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)