|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) In his own home.
(b) Back at her home in the country.
(c) In town, by the singer's house.
(d) At Aunt Julle's house.
2. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(c) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(d) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
(a) She has lost her hat.
(b) She has lost her freedom.
(c) She has lost her one true love.
(d) She has lost her parasol.
4. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(b) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(c) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(d) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
5. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She calls her by the wrong name.
(b) She does not offer her something to drink.
(c) She does not ask about the children.
(d) She forgets to invite her to sit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
2. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
3. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
4. What was Hedda's father's career?
5. With what has Ejlert Lovborg recently had success?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)