|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(b) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
(c) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(d) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
2. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
(a) Her wardrobe.
(b) Her hip bath.
(c) Her piano.
(d) Her study desk.
3. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(b) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) They are up for the same job at the university.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
4. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(b) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She thinks it is horrible.
5. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(b) He wants to build an orphanage.
(c) He wants to build a city park.
(d) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hedda die?
2. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
3. What is the name of the orphanage?
4. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
5. What possession does Aunt Julle return to Tesman?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)