|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
(a) She purchased a parasol.
(b) She purchased a new hat.
(c) She purchased an expensive shawl.
(d) She purchased new shoes.
2. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(b) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
(c) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(d) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
3. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is June.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is April.
(d) It is September.
4. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are running the same race for the fair.
(b) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(d) They are up for the same job at the university.
5. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies of a heart attack.
(b) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
(c) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
(d) She dies of a carriage accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
2. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
3. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
4. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
5. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)