|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are running the same race for the fair.
(b) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(c) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(d) They are up for the same job at the university.
2. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford new clothes.
(b) They cannot afford to get married.
(c) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(d) They cannot afford pipes.
3. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
(a) It is April.
(b) It is January.
(c) It is September.
(d) It is June.
4. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
(a) A farmhand.
(b) A pastor.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An artist.
5. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
(b) She dies of a carriage accident.
(c) She dies of a heart attack.
(d) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Engstrand's business idea?
2. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
3. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
4. How did Lovborg really die?
5. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)