|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(d) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
2. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
(b) He remembers the first cobbling.
(c) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
(d) He remembers the first book he read.
3. What member of Tesman's family has passed away at the beginning of Act 4?
(b) Aunt Julle.
(c) Mr. Brack.
(d) Aunt Rina.
4. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
(c) Hedda Gabler.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
5. What kind of man was Mr. Alving?
(a) He was a jolly fellow with many friends who always visited.
(b) He was a sainted man who never touched alcohol.
(c) He was a distant, solemn man who rarely spoke or entertained.
(d) He was a debauched drunk and indiscreet cheater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
2. What possession of Hedda's does she want to keep, despite the fact that it doesn't match their home?
3. What is Engstrand's business idea?
4. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
5. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)