|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(b) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
2. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(b) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
(c) They are up for the same job at the university.
(d) They are running the same race for the fair.
3. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
(a) His saber.
(b) His fountain pen.
(c) His pistols.
(d) His money clip.
4. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is horrible.
(b) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(c) She thinks it is a courageous act.
(d) She doesn't care one way or another.
5. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) Back at her home in the country.
(b) At Aunt Julle's house.
(c) In town, by the singer's house.
(d) In his own home.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
2. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
3. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
4. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
5. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)