|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can many of the artists abroad not afford, according to Oswald?
(a) They cannot afford pipes.
(b) They cannot afford to purchase houses.
(c) They cannot afford new clothes.
(d) They cannot afford to get married.
2. What childhood memory does Oswald share about his father?
(a) He remembers the first cobbling.
(b) He remembers the first time plowing the fields.
(c) He remembers the first book he read.
(d) He remembers the first time he smoked a pipe.
3. What does Aunt Julle hope will fill her time in the future?
(a) She hopes for a niece or a nephew.
(b) She hopes for a husband.
(c) She hopes for a job.
(d) She hopes for a new puppy.
4. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
(b) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(c) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(d) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
5. How does Hedda die?
(a) She dies by jumping off a cliff.
(b) She dies of a self-inflicted shot to the temple.
(c) She dies of a carriage accident.
(d) She dies of a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
2. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
3. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
4. What is the name of the orphanage?
5. What have Pastor Manders and Mrs. Alving been building?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)