|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(d) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
2. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(b) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(c) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(d) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
3. What instrument does Hedda raucously play as Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted try to rewrite the manuscript?
(a) She plays the harpsichord.
(b) She plays the oboe.
(c) She plays the guitar.
(d) She plays the piano.
4. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
(a) He disapproves of her dresses.
(b) He disapproves of her liquor.
(c) He disapproves of her paintings.
(d) He disapproves of her books.
5. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
(a) She thinks it is terribly sad.
(b) She thinks it is horrible.
(c) She doesn't care one way or another.
(d) She thinks it is a courageous act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
2. What is Engstrand's business idea?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
5. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)