|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lovborg really die?
(a) He was hit by a car.
(b) He jumped off a cliff and scattered his manuscript to the winds.
(c) He shot himself in the head in his home.
(d) He was shot in the stomach attempting to regain his manuscript.
2. Who arrives with news of Lovborg's attempted suicide?
(a) Aunt Julle.
(c) Mr. Brack.
(d) Mrs. Elvsted.
3. How is Hedda described in the stage directions?
(a) An aristocratic figure with steel-gray eyes.
(b) A rough person of swarthy complexion.
(c) A fading beauty of advancing years.
(d) A frivolous blond with mounds of curls.
4. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
(a) At Aunt Julle's house.
(b) In town, by the singer's house.
(c) Back at her home in the country.
(d) In his own home.
5. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
(b) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
(c) They will use Lovborg's notes.
(d) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
2. What object did Aunt Julle purchase to impress Hedda?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. How does Hedda die?
5. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)