|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(b) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
2. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(b) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
(c) He wants to build a city park.
(d) He wants to build an orphanage.
3. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
(a) He dislikes Regine and knows it would make her miserable.
(b) He believes Engstrand needs a guiding hand and Regine could help him.
(c) He is in love with her and must separate them from each other.
(d) He has his eye on her position in Mrs. Alving's home.
4. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
(a) They are building houses across the street from each other.
(b) They are running the same race for the fair.
(c) They are up for the same job at the university.
(d) They are each in love with Mrs. Elvsted.
5. How is Engstrand related to Regine?
(a) Engstrand is her cousin.
(b) Engstrand is her father.
(c) Engstrand is her uncle.
(d) Engstrand is her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tesman request for Mrs. Elvsted to take up residence?
2. How does Mr. Brack attempt to blackmail Hedda?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. What month of the year is it upon Hedda and Jorgen's return?
5. What did Oswald go abroad to become?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)