|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the orphanage?
(a) The Oswald Alving Place for Children.
(b) The Oswald Alving Memorial Park.
(c) The Chamberlain Alving Memorial House.
(d) The Captain Alving Memorial Home.
2. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
3. What faux pas does Hedda commit against Mrs. Elvsted.
(a) She forgets to invite her to sit.
(b) She calls her by the wrong name.
(c) She does not offer her something to drink.
(d) She does not ask about the children.
4. Why did the Pastor stay away from Helene and Mr. Alving for so many years?
(a) Mrs. Alving was ill with a contagion and he was afraid to come.
(b) Mr. Alving despised him and would not allow him in the house.
(c) He was concerned that the trip to the country would be bad for his health.
(d) He was concerned Helene's episode as runaway wife would affect his reputation.
5. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(b) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
(c) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pastor Manders like Engstrand?
2. What are Hedda's feelings about Lovborg's suicide?
3. By the end of Act 4, what has Hedda lost?
4. What prized possession was passed to Hedda from her father?
5. Why does Pastor Manders support Regine going back with Engstrand?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)