|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hedda Gabler, Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Tesman and Mrs. Elvsted use to reconstruct the manuscript?
(a) They will use Tesman's memory of Lovborg's reading.
(b) They will use Lovborg's recordings.
(c) They will use Mrs. Elvsted's memory.
(d) They will use Lovborg's notes.
2. Why is the Pastor hesitant about getting the orphanage insured?
(a) He is worried about the cost of insurance.
(b) He is worried that the orphans will not be able to pay.
(c) He is worried about all the work he would have to do.
(d) He is worried about what people in the area will think.
3. What is the significance of the orphanage's unveiling ceremony?
(a) It is the tenth anniversary of Mr. Alving's death.
(b) It is Mrs. Alving's birthday.
(c) It is Mr. Alving's birthday.
(d) It is the tenth anniversary of Oswald's death.
4. What critical past moment of Mrs. Alving's life does the Pastor share?
(a) When Mrs. Alving tried to run from her husband.
(b) When Mr. Alving was deathly ill.
(c) When Oswald was lost in the country.
(d) When Mrs. Alving was deathly ill.
5. What is Engstrand's business idea?
(a) He wants to build a city park.
(b) He wants to open a seafood restaurant.
(c) He wants to open a hotel for seamen.
(d) He wants to build an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accidentally started a minor fire in the carpenter's shop?
2. Why is Tesman in competition with Lovborg?
3. Why does Hedda tell Tesman she burned the manuscript?
4. Who assisted Ejlert Lovborg with his project?
5. Which of Mrs. Alving's possessions does the Pastor disapprove of?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)