|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (Marcelo's castle, Julio's studio, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent specific concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to highlight certain concepts, including which concepts they emphasize.
Essay Topic 2
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
Essay Topic 3
How are Germany and France characterized as nations? Compare and contrast the actions of these two nations.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)