|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
4. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What do the Desnoyers learn at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
2. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
4. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
5. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
6. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
7. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
8. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
9. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Germany and France characterized as nations? Compare and contrast the actions of these two nations.
Essay Topic 2
How do the lives of the characters change due to the war?
Essay Topic 3
What do the events of the novel suggest about the morality and affects of war?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)