|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Where does Julio go after leaving Marguerite?
3. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What are Marcelo, Luisa, Chichi, and Rene searching for at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
3. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
4. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
5. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
6. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
7. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
8. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
9. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
10. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (Marcelo's castle, Julio's studio, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent specific concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to highlight certain concepts, including which concepts they emphasize.
Essay Topic 2
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Julio and Marcelo.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)