|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
3. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
4. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
6. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
7. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
8. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
9. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, concluding with the resolution of the foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Julio and Marguerite affect the story's plot? How would the novel be different if Marguerite had not ended their affair?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate the title of the novel. What is the significance of the title? Provide evidence from the novel to support your conclusions.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)