|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
2. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
3. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
2. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
3. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
4. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
5. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
6. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
7. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
8. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
9. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters in this novel serve as the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s)? What events and/or characteristics cause these characters to be labeled as such?
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" affect the novel's plot? How would the novel be altered if one or more of these characters were removed from the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How does the novel's point of view enhance and inhibit the novel? How would the novel be different if an alternate point of view were used?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)