|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Who does an officer take Marcelo to see in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
4. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
5. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
6. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
7. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
8. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
9. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Luisa with Chichi. How are these two women different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
What do the events of the novel suggest about the morality and affects of war?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters in this novel serve as the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s)? What events and/or characteristics cause these characters to be labeled as such?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)