|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blumhardt continually watch in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
2. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
4. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
6. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
7. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
8. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
9. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Julio Desnoyers' character develops throughout the novel. What events elicit changes in Julio's character, and in what ways?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, concluding with the resolution of the foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Investigate the title of the novel. What is the significance of the title? Provide evidence from the novel to support your conclusions.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)