|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
2. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
4. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Germany and France characterized as nations? Compare and contrast the actions of these two nations.
Essay Topic 2
How does the tension within Marcelo's family parallel the tension between Germany and France? How is this demonstrated, and which characters serve as examples of this?
Essay Topic 3
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)