|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
3. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What do the Desnoyers learn at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
2. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
4. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
5. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
7. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
8. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
10. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Julio Desnoyers' character develops throughout the novel. What events elicit changes in Julio's character, and in what ways?
Essay Topic 2
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
Essay Topic 3
What do the events of the novel suggest about the morality and affects of war?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)