|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what do the soldiers use to make their homes?
3. What is Chichi glad about at the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
4. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
3. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
4. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
6. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
7. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
8. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
9. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
10. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the events of the novel suggest about the morality and affects of war?
Essay Topic 2
How does the novel's point of view enhance and inhibit the novel? How would the novel be different if an alternate point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in this novel? Which characters demonstrate their religious beliefs, and how?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)