|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcelo see downtown in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. What labor is Marcelo forced to do on the second day in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
4. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
2. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
4. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
5. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
7. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
8. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
9. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
10. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the lives of the characters change due to the war?
Essay Topic 2
How does the relationship between Marcelo and Julio change throughout the novel? What events elicit these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Julio Desnoyers' character develops throughout the novel. What events elicit changes in Julio's character, and in what ways?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)