|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. How does Argensola view the war?
5. Who has been sleeping in Marcelo's room in Part 2, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
2. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
3. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
4. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
6. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
7. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
8. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, concluding with the resolution of the foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Julio Desnoyers' character develops throughout the novel. What events elicit changes in Julio's character, and in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in this novel? Which characters demonstrate their religious beliefs, and how?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)