|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
3. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
4. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
6. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
7. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
8. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
9. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
10. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the relationship between Julio and Marguerite affect the story's plot? How would the novel be different if Marguerite had not ended their affair?
Essay Topic 2
How does the novel's point of view enhance and inhibit the novel? How would the novel be different if an alternate point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How do the minor characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" affect the novel's plot? How would the novel be altered if one or more of these characters were removed from the novel?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)