|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
4. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
7. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
8. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
9. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
10. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are Germany and France characterized as nations? Compare and contrast the actions of these two nations.
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, concluding with the resolution of the foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Investigate the title of the novel. What is the significance of the title? Provide evidence from the novel to support your conclusions.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)