|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranges for Julio to convalesce in Paris for two weeks?
2. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. What does Marguerite do when she sees Julio on the street in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
2. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
3. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
4. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
6. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
7. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
8. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
9. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
10. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in this novel? Which characters demonstrate their religious beliefs, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes (love, family, war) in this novel and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the plot of the novel? How does it affect the various characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate the title of the novel. What is the significance of the title? Provide evidence from the novel to support your conclusions.
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)