|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
3. Who does Blumhardt continually watch in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
3. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
4. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
5. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
6. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
7. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
8. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
9. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
10. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes (love, family, war) in this novel and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the plot of the novel? How does it affect the various characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Julio and Marcelo.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)