|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
5. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
3. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
4. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
6. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
7. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
8. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
9. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
10. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the tension within Marcelo's family parallel the tension between Germany and France? How is this demonstrated, and which characters serve as examples of this?
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" affect the novel's plot? How would the novel be altered if one or more of these characters were removed from the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What do the events of the novel suggest about the morality and affects of war?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)