|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
3. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
3. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
6. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
7. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
8. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
10. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Luisa with Chichi. How are these two women different? How are they similar?
Essay Topic 2
How are Germany and France characterized as nations? Compare and contrast the actions of these two nations.
Essay Topic 3
How do the lives of the characters change due to the war?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)