|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
2. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
3. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
4. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what do rumors abound about?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 4, who visits Julio, and why?
2. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
3. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
4. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
5. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
6. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
7. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
8. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
9. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does religion play in this novel? Which characters demonstrate their religious beliefs, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes (love, family, war) in this novel and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the plot of the novel? How does it affect the various characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
Essay Topic 3
How do the lives of the characters change due to the war?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)