Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
2. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
3. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
2. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
3. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
8. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
9. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
10. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
What is the significance of wealth in this novel? What events are driven by wealth and poverty?
How do the minor characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" affect the novel's plot? How would the novel be altered if one or more of these characters were removed from the novel?
How does the tension within Marcelo's family parallel the tension between Germany and France? How is this demonstrated, and which characters serve as examples of this?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)