|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
3. Why does Marguerite train in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
3. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
4. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
5. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
7. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
8. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
9. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
10. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, concluding with the resolution of the foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes (love, family, war) in this novel and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the plot of the novel? How does it affect the various characters in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate the title of the novel. What is the significance of the title? Provide evidence from the novel to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,411 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)