Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
2. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
3. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
2. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
3. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
8. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
9. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
10. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
What role does guilt play in "The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? Which characters are affected by this motif, and what events and thoughts does it elicit?
Essay Topic 2
Which characters in this novel serve as the protagonist(s) and antagonist(s)? What events and/or characteristics cause these characters to be labeled as such?
Essay Topic 3
How does Marcelo Desnoyers change throughout the novel? Detail the changes that he makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)