|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) Senator Lacour.
2. Who does Marcelo see downtown in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Julio and Marguerite.
(b) Argensola and Chichi.
(c) Luisa and her lover.
(d) Marguerite and her husband.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
(b) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
(c) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
(d) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
4. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Commandant Blumhardt.
(b) The Count.
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) The Keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
3. Who does an officer take Marcelo to see in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
2. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
3. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
4. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
6. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
7. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
8. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
9. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
10. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)