|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo see downtown in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Luisa and her lover.
(b) Argensola and Chichi.
(c) Julio and Marguerite.
(d) Marguerite and her husband.
2. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On wagons.
(c) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(d) In Marcelo's bedroom.
3. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Give her many children.
(b) Marry her immediately.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Join the military.
4. Who recounts Julio's war stories in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Executed by the Germans.
(b) Released by the Germans.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
2. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
4. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
6. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
8. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)