|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Marguerite herself.
2. Who does Marcelo see downtown in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Argensola and Chichi.
(b) Marguerite and her husband.
(c) Luisa and her lover.
(d) Julio and Marguerite.
3. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) By killing the German soldiers.
(b) By bribing the German soldiers.
(c) By hiding in his castle.
(d) By running away.
4. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her son will get married without telling her.
(c) Her husband will be killed.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
5. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As a game.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
3. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
2. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
4. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
5. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
6. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
8. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
10. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)