|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(b) Julio's paintings.
(c) The German plane.
2. What order is given on the third night in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) To attack.
(b) To kill Marcelo.
(c) To evacuate.
(d) To return to Germany.
3. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(a) The law.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(a) His daughter.
(b) German soldiers.
5. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio is at an advanced site that is not safe for visitors.
(b) Marcelo does go to Julio.
(c) Julio is hiding and no one can find him.
(d) Julio does not want his father to know exactly where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
3. What labor is Marcelo forced to do on the second day in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
2. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
3. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
7. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
8. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
9. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
10. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)