|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what do the soldiers use to make their homes?
(a) The trenches.
(d) Leaves and sticks.
2. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
3. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
(a) All of Marcelo's money.
(b) A portrait of Luisa.
(c) Luisa, Marcelo's wife.
(d) Luisa's furniture.
4. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her son will get married without telling her.
(c) Her husband is cheating on her.
(d) Her husband will be killed.
5. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Senator Lacour.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
2. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who does Chichi pray for in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
3. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
7. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
8. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
10. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)