|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Senator Lacour.
2. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Give his son's body a proper burial.
(b) Die and join his son.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Return to Argentina.
3. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Julio's uniform.
(b) Julio's paintings.
(c) Argensola's furniture.
(d) Argensola's paintings.
4. What does Luisa explicitly wish near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That they had never moved to Paris.
(b) That Julio had not died.
(c) That her father was still alive.
(d) That she had never met Marcelo.
5. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Bombed by the French.
(b) Bombed by the Germans.
(c) The roof is not destroyed.
(d) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Who does an officer take Marcelo to see in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what division is Rene transferred to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
2. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
4. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
5. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
6. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
7. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
8. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
9. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)