|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Senator Lacour.
2. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. When does Marcelo's family return home?
(a) Beginning of November.
(b) End of October.
(c) Beginning of October.
(d) End of November.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(b) German soldiers.
(c) His daughter.
5. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To see Marguerite.
(b) To help his father defend his castle.
(c) To join the military.
(d) To search for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
2. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
4. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
5. What order is given on the third night in Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
2. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
4. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
5. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
6. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
8. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
9. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
10. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)