|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
(b) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
(c) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
(d) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
3. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) A museum.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) Storing Marcelo's antiques.
(d) A hotel.
4. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) The German neighbor.
5. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Give her many children.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Marry her immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
2. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
2. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
3. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
4. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
5. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
6. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
8. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
9. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
10. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)