|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
(a) Country guidelines.
(b) Layout for a new estate.
(c) Building plans.
(d) Enemy locations.
2. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Executed by the Germans.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
(d) Released by the Germans.
4. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To pack Julio's things.
(b) To pay the rent.
(c) To be close to Julio's things.
(d) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(a) His daughter.
(d) German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
2. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
2. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
8. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
10. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)