|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
2. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
3. What are Marcelo, Luisa, Chichi, and Rene searching for at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(b) Julio's illegitimate child.
(c) Julio's grave.
(d) Julio's paintings.
4. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) A foot.
(b) A leg.
(c) An arm.
(d) A hand.
5. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(c) The law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
2. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
5. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
3. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
8. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
10. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)