|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
(a) Julio is going to die soon.
(b) Julio is now a man.
(c) Julio is already married.
(d) Julio will never change.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(a) His daughter.
(d) German soldiers.
3. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To be close to Julio's things.
(b) To pay the rent.
(c) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
(d) To pack Julio's things.
4. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) Senator Lacour.
5. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
2. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. Who does Chichi pray for in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
2. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
4. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
6. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
7. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
8. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
9. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
10. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)