|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Who arrives and requests to speak to Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(b) The Count.
(c) The Keeper.
(d) The General.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
(a) Julio is going to die soon.
(b) Julio will never change.
(c) Julio is now a man.
(d) Julio is already married.
4. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Marguerite herself.
5. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She is lost.
(c) She is violated.
(d) She is killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what do the soldiers use to make their homes?
5. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)