|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. Who does Blumhardt continually watch in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Keeper's daughter.
(b) The Keeper.
3. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Julio and Marcelo.
(b) Luisa and Elena.
(c) Argensola and Tchernoff.
(d) No one goes to church in Part 3, Chapter 1.
4. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what division is Rene transferred to?
(a) A clerical division.
(b) A medical division.
(c) An artillery division.
(d) A clergical division.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
3. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
4. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
2. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
3. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
7. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
8. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
9. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
10. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)