|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite do when she sees Julio on the street in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Run away.
(b) Stop and watch him walk away.
(c) She does not notice Julio in Part 3, Chapter 4.
(d) Begin to cry.
2. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Bombed by the French.
(b) Bombed by the Germans.
(c) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
(d) The roof is not destroyed.
3. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her husband is cheating on her.
(b) Her husband will be killed.
(c) Her son will be killed.
(d) Her son will get married without telling her.
4. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(c) German soldiers.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
2. What labor is Marcelo forced to do on the second day in Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
3. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
4. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
5. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
6. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
7. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
8. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
9. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
10. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)