|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
(a) Eager to visit his son.
(b) Unsure if he can ever return.
(c) Relieved that he is still alive.
(d) Happy it is still standing.
2. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As a game.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As a mistake.
3. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Hugs him.
4. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The feeling that no one would dare kill his son.
(b) The feeling that his wife is leaving him for another man.
(c) The feeling that he should get out of the area immediately.
(d) The feeling that his son has become a man.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(d) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
2. What are Marcelo, Luisa, Chichi, and Rene searching for at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5?
3. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
4. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
4. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
5. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
6. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
7. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
8. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
9. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
10. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)