|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As a game.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As a waste of time.
2. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) That their affair is over.
(b) That she is pregnant with his child.
(c) That she never loved him.
(d) That she will meet him in France.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
(b) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
(c) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
(d) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
(a) Building plans.
(b) Enemy locations.
(c) Layout for a new estate.
(d) Country guidelines.
5. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The feeling that he should get out of the area immediately.
(b) The feeling that no one would dare kill his son.
(c) The feeling that his son has become a man.
(d) The feeling that his wife is leaving him for another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
3. Why is it difficult for the party in Part 3, Chapter 5 to find Julio's grave?
4. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
5. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
6. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
7. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
8. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)