|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Bombed by the Germans.
(b) Bombed by the French.
(c) The roof is not destroyed.
(d) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
2. What is Chichi glad about at the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That Rene is not buried in the battlefields as well.
(b) That her brother survived the war.
(c) That Rene decided to marry her.
(d) That her brother is finally dead.
3. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To see Marguerite.
(b) To help his father defend his castle.
(c) To join the military.
(d) To search for his mother.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
(a) For amusement.
(b) To make room for their rifles.
(c) To spy through.
(d) To further destroy Marcelo's castle.
5. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) Marguerite's husband.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
2. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who has been sleeping in Marcelo's room in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
3. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
6. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
7. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
8. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
9. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
10. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)