|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Angry at Marcelo.
(b) Tired of talking to his father.
(c) Enemy opens fire.
(d) Rene does not have to go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3.
2. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The German plane.
(b) Julio's paintings.
3. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Kills a German soldier and steals his food.
(b) Trades his daughter's virtue for food.
(c) Begs the German soldiers.
(d) Exchanges gold for food with the German soldiers.
4. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
(a) Finds them informative.
(b) Marcelo never invites Argensola to dinner.
(c) Finds them boring.
(d) Finds them fascinating.
5. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
3. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
5. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. Describe Marcelo's dinner with the Count in Part 2, Chapter 5.
3. What happens to Marcelo's castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
5. Who does Julio find Marguerite with, and what does she confess about this person?
6. Describe Marcelo and Senator Lacour's journey to see Julio after visiting Rene.
7. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
8. What do Marcelo, Senator Lacour, and Rene discuss in Part 3, Chapter 3?
9. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
10. Who does Marcelo become friends with in Part 3, Chapter 2, and what alters their friendship?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)