|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marcelo's family return home?
(a) End of October.
(b) Beginning of October.
(c) Beginning of November.
(d) End of November.
2. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Senator Lacour.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what do the soldiers use to make their homes?
(b) Leaves and sticks.
(c) The trenches.
4. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) Senator Lacour.
5. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
(a) Marcelo's ordeal with the Germans at his castle.
(b) Battle of the Marne.
(c) Battle of the Arc de Triomphe.
(d) Battle of the Rhine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what division is Rene transferred to?
2. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
3. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)