|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Because Marcelo cannot afford transportation for the visit.
(b) Because Luisa suspects him of having an affair.
(c) Because Tchernoff claims the Germans will be victorious.
(d) Because Argensola asks him to never return.
2. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Julio has fled the country.
(b) Julio has been injured.
(c) Julio is dead.
(d) Rene will never marry Chichi.
3. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) A hand.
(b) A foot.
(c) A leg.
(d) An arm.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(a) The war.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
(a) Julio is now a man.
(b) Julio is already married.
(c) Julio will never change.
(d) Julio is going to die soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)