|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madriaga spoil?
(a) Julius von Hartrott.
(b) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(c) Julio Desnoyers.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
2. How long does Julius think the war will last?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five months.
(d) Four years.
3. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her knife thrusts.
(c) Her hair styles.
(d) Her dancing.
4. Why does Julio leave France?
(a) He never leaves France.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) To avoid going to war.
(d) To obtain money to marry Marguerite.
5. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) Elena von Hartrott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
2. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
5. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 4, who visits Julio, and why?
2. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
3. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
4. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
5. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
8. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
9. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
10. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)