|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) Karl von Hartrott's.
(b) A carpenter's.
(d) Senator Lacour's.
2. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That he had never left Argentina.
(b) That he had more sons to fight for France.
(c) That he could fight for his country.
(d) That France was not going to war.
3. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A teacher.
(d) Julio's wife.
4. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) No desire to go to war.
(b) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
(c) He decides to return to his homeland.
(d) Fight with Julio.
5. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
(a) Because they are not French citizens.
(b) Because they are too young.
(c) They are required to join the military.
(d) Because they are wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
4. Who is Julio's roommate?
5. Who gives Argensola supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
3. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
4. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
5. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
6. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
7. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
9. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
10. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)