|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Eiffel Tower.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(c) Garden of Chapelle Expiatoire.
2. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
3. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(a) In several months.
(c) In a matter of days.
(d) In a year.
4. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
5. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(c) Chichi Desnoyers.
(d) Rene Lacour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
2. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
3. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
5. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
3. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
5. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
6. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
7. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
8. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
9. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)