|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That France was not going to war.
(b) That he had never left Argentina.
(c) That he had more sons to fight for France.
(d) That he could fight for his country.
2. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Take her home.
(c) Marry her immediately.
(d) Hold her hands.
3. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
(d) New York City.
4. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) His parents' house.
(b) Arc de Triomphe.
(d) His house.
5. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
(a) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
2. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
3. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
4. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
3. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
6. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
7. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
8. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
9. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
10. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)