|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her hair styles.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her knife thrusts.
(d) Her dancing.
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
3. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(c) North America.
4. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
(a) He is Christian.
(b) He is Islamic.
(c) He is Buddhist.
(d) He is atheist.
5. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
(a) Marcelo does not take his family to Berlin.
(b) To visit the von Hartrotts.
(c) To go to Madriaga's funeral.
(d) To escape the upcoming war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
2. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
3. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
4. What makes Marcelo feel ashamed in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
2. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
3. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
4. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
5. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
6. Describe Madriaga.
7. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
8. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
10. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)