|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo believe the war is a waste of?
2. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Chichi Desnoyers.
(b) Marguerite Laurier.
(c) Luisa Desnoyers.
(d) Elena von Hartrott.
3. What does Marcelo decide to do immediately after Madriaga's death?
(a) Return to France.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Move to the United States.
4. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
(a) He is Christian.
(b) He is Islamic.
(c) He is Buddhist.
(d) He is atheist.
5. What colors do the French wear?
(a) Blue and red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
3. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
4. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
5. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
3. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
5. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
6. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
7. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
8. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)