|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The religious community.
2. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what do rumors abound about?
(a) Marcelo's greed.
(c) There are no rumors.
(d) Julio's affair.
4. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) A steak dinner.
(b) Mobilization of the French forces.
(c) Orders are received later in the book.
(d) Withdrawal of troops.
5. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
2. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
3. Who does Madriaga spoil?
4. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
5. Who teaches Marcelo a lot in Part 1, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Part 3, Chapter 2, what does Senator Lacour offer Marcelo, and how does Marcelo react?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 2, who does Marcelo see, and what does he learn about this person?
3. What occurs between Marcelo and Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What is the significance of Pau, and how does this city make Julio feel?
5. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
6. What is the importance of the battle of the Marne?
7. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
8. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
10. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)