|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(b) A church.
(c) A munitions factory.
(d) A car factory.
2. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The sight of his countrymen mobilizing.
(b) His son's affair with Marguerite.
(c) Julio joining the French militia.
(d) Madriaga's death.
3. What does Marcelo hand out to the soldiers in Part 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) An island.
(c) A castle.
(d) A townhouse.
5. Who declares war on Russia?
(c) United States of America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl von Hartrott invest in in Germany?
2. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
3. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
4. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
2. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
3. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
4. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
5. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
6. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
7. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
8. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
9. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
10. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)