|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
2. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A scale.
(b) A bow.
(c) A sickle.
(d) A sword.
3. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. What colors do the French wear?
(a) Blue and red.
5. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Besides his daughters and their spouses, who does Madriaga leave his estate to?
3. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
4. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Who gives Argensola supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Why does Marcelo leave France, according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
5. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
6. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
7. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
8. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
9. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)