|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Who gives Argensola supplies?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(b) Julio Desnoyers.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Dona Luisa Desnoyers.
3. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
(a) He is bedridden.
(b) The store was destroyed.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He does not want to stockpile food and drink.
4. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
5. Who does Julio begin an affair with in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Luisa Desnoyers.
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
2. Why is Julio not required to fight in the war?
3. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
5. Where does Julio go at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
3. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
5. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
6. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
7. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
8. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
9. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
10. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)