|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) North Americans.
2. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Jesus Christ's life.
(d) Abraham and Isaac.
3. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) A castle.
(c) An island.
(d) A townhouse.
4. What colors do the French wear?
(b) Blue and red.
5. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 14 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
2. In Tchernoff's story, who rides a white horse?
3. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
4. Why does Julio's cousin come to France?
5. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
2. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
3. Why does Marcelo leave France, according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
4. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
6. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
7. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
8. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
9. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
10. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)