|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
(a) He does not want to stockpile food and drink.
(b) He is bedridden.
(c) He has no money.
(d) The store was destroyed.
2. Why does Argensola quit the legion of Spanish and South American volunteers that he forms?
(a) He decides to return to his homeland.
(b) No desire to go to war.
(c) Fight with Julio.
(d) Too much competition among the members to be captain.
3. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
(b) Their neighbors'.
(d) Julius von Hartrott's.
4. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
5. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
2. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
4. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
5. What is Luisa's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, where is Marcelo taken, and why? What does he see?
3. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
5. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
6. How do the Germans repay Marcelo and the Keeper's hospitality in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
8. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
9. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
10. How does Marcelo assuage his hunger in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)