Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
(b) Because he is lost.
(c) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(d) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
2. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
(a) To allow them a vacation.
(b) To get them away from him.
(c) He takes them north, not south.
(d) To get them away from the advancing forces.
3. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The religious community.
4. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
(b) Paternal instinct.
(c) Anger at his country.
(d) Love for his wife.
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite train to become in Part 2, Chapter 2?
2. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
3. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
4. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
5. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
2. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
3. What happens to Rene in Part 3, Chapter 4?
4. Describe Marcelo's return to Paris in Part 2, Chapter 6.
5. How does Luisa and Elena's relationship change in Part 3, Chapter 1, and why?
6. What are Commandant Blumhardt's actions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
8. Why does Julio return to Paris in Part 3, Chapter 4, and what happens during his stay?
9. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
10. What does Marguerite say about her feelings and her relationship with Julio at the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)