|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Abraham and Isaac.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(d) Jesus Christ's life.
2. What does Julio want to do more than anything?
(a) Inherit his father's castle.
(b) Marry Marguerite.
(c) Leave France.
(d) Become a soldier.
3. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
(a) In a matter of days.
(b) In several months.
(c) In a year.
4. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
5. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her dancing.
(c) Her knife thrusts.
(d) Her hair styles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
3. Where does the Desnoyers family move halfway through Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. On whom does Argensola base his argument that there is no pure German culture?
5. What does Tchernoff worry about the Germans destroying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
3. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
4. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
5. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
7. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
8. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
9. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
10. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)