|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) To avoid military duty.
(b) To make his wealth.
(c) Because his mother dies.
(d) To find a wife.
2. What does Julio feel depressed about in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) His poor ability at painting.
(b) His family.
(d) His affair with Marguerite.
3. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(b) A car factory.
(c) A munitions factory.
(d) A church.
4. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
(a) Because they are not French citizens.
(b) They are required to join the military.
(c) Because they are wealthy.
(d) Because they are too young.
5. Where does Dona Luisa spend much time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
4. Why does Marcelo take the women of his family south?
5. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
3. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
4. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
7. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
8. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
9. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
10. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)