|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Rene Lacour.
(b) Marguerite Laurier.
(c) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(d) Chichi Desnoyers.
2. What colors do the French wear?
(b) Blue and red.
3. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(b) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
(c) Because he is lost.
(d) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
4. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
(a) He is Islamic.
(b) He is Buddhist.
(c) He is Christian.
(d) He is atheist.
5. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) An island.
(b) A castle.
(c) A library.
(d) A townhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. In Tchernoff's story, who rides a white horse?
3. Who is Julio surprised to find at his parents' house?
4. Who gives Argensola supplies?
5. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
2. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
3. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
4. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
5. Describe the reunion between Marcelo and Julio in Part 3, Chapter 3.
6. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
7. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
8. Why does Marcelo visit Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
9. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
10. How does Marcelo feel at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)