|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
(a) Love for his wife.
(b) Paternal instinct.
(c) Anger at his country.
2. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(c) North America.
3. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
(d) Buenos Aires.
4. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) He is sterile.
(b) Marcelo receives his wish.
(c) He is too old.
5. What is the topic of the biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
(b) Adam and Eve.
(c) Jesus Christ's life.
(d) Abraham and Isaac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
2. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
5. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
2. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
4. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
5. What is Argensola's problem at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does he resolve it?
6. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
7. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
8. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
9. Describe Madriaga.
10. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)