|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Her mentioning her father constantly.
(b) Her refusal to leave his home.
(c) Her strong opinions about the German side of the war.
(d) Her poverty and the fact that she expects Marcelo to provide for her.
2. Who does Madriaga spoil?
(a) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(b) Julius von Hartrott.
(c) Julio Desnoyers.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
3. Where does Marcelo go during the days in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(b) The station.
4. What does Marguerite's husband own?
(a) A church.
(b) A car factory.
(c) A munitions factory.
5. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marcelo move his family immediately after Madriaga's death?
2. Why is Argensola unable to stockpile food and drink?
3. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
4. What does Chichi often practice in front of the mirror?
5. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
2. Describe Julio's return to France, as detailed in Part 1, Chapter 1.
3. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
4. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
5. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
6. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
7. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
8. Describe Madriaga.
9. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
10. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)