|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) The Keeper and his family.
(c) Chichi and Rene.
(d) Elena and Luisa.
2. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(a) North America.
3. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
4. Who is Julio meeting in Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marguerite Laurier.
(b) Marcelo Desnoyers.
(c) Chichi Desnoyers.
(d) Rene Lacour.
5. In Tchernoff's story, who rides a white horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marcelo take his family to Berlin?
2. What prevents the fulfillment of Marcelo's wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
3. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. Who commits suicide at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. Who does Marguerite accompany to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
2. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
3. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
5. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
6. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
8. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
9. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
10. Describe Madriaga.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)