|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo decide to do immediately after Madriaga's death?
(a) Return to France.
(c) Move to the United States.
(d) Have more children.
2. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
3. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
(d) North America.
4. What colors do the French wear?
(b) Blue and red.
5. Who do Luisa and Elena pray for at church in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The religious community.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sight of Marcelo's countrymen mobilizing revive in Marcelo?
2. Who does Marguerite see at the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
4. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
5. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chichi's actions at the end of Part 3, Chapter 1.
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn about Marguerite?
3. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
4. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
5. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
6. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
7. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
8. What happens in Part 3, Chapter 1 when Luisa visits Argensola?
9. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
10. What does Marcelo think about while sitting by his son's grave?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)