|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel toward those who are going to war or are sending their relatives to war?
2. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
(a) Because they are wealthy.
(b) Because they are too young.
(c) Because they are not French citizens.
(d) They are required to join the military.
3. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
4. What is the name of Julio and Argensola's Russian neighbor?
5. Why does Marcelo leave Paris?
(a) Because his mother dies.
(b) To make his wealth.
(c) To avoid military duty.
(d) To find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Marcelo at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Madriaga do when Karl asks to marry Elena?
3. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
4. Why does Julio leave France?
5. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
3. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
4. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
5. Describe Madriaga.
6. What does Marcelo learn in Part 2, Chapter 1 when he visits his carpenter?
7. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
8. What are Julius' opinions about the pending war?
9. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
10. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)