|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Julio and Argensola encounter on the streets in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Who is forced to stay with the Desnoyers family in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
3. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
4. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) To marry Marguerite.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy a present for Argensola's birthday.
(d) To brag to Rene Lacour.
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose acquaintance does Argensola make while Julio is in Argentina?
2. Who does Julius believe is the supreme race?
3. When does Julius believe the war will begin?
4. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What about Elena annoys Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
2. Why does Marcelo leave France, according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
4. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
5. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
6. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
7. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
8. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
9. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
10. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)