|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite allow Julio to do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Hold her hands.
(c) Take her home.
(d) Marry her immediately.
2. What does Julio want money for in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) To buy a present for Argensola's birthday.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To brag to Rene Lacour.
(d) To marry Marguerite.
3. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) A carpenter's.
(c) Karl von Hartrott's.
(d) Senator Lacour's.
4. Why does Marcelo decide to go to the country in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) To hide from the invading German military.
(b) To further his affair with Marguerite.
(c) To visit his friends.
(d) To personally defend his property.
5. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Marry Julio.
(b) She agrees to everything he asks.
(c) Go home with Julio.
(d) Return to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
2. Where has Julio recently returned from in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. Who does Marguerite see at the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. What non-European nationality is represented in the people walking through the streets of Paris in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. How long does Marcelo's journey take in Part 2, Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
3. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
5. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
6. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
7. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
8. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
9. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
10. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)