|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marcelo's family want to move?
(d) North America.
2. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
(a) Refuses to acknowledge them as his grandchildren.
(b) Spoils them completely.
(c) Karl and Elena do not have children.
(d) The same as all of his other grandchildren.
3. Who hires Marcelo after he relocates?
4. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A scale.
(b) A sword.
(c) A sickle.
(d) A bow.
5. Who does Marcelo find at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Argensola.
(b) Chichi and Rene.
(c) Elena and Luisa.
(d) The Keeper and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
2. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
3. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
4. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
5. Whose home does Marcelo visit in Part 2, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julio meet Marguerite, what happens, and how does Marcelo feel about the situation?
2. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
3. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
4. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
5. Why does Marcelo leave France, according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
6. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
8. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
9. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
10. Why does Marcelo decide to leave Madriaga's ranch, and how does Madriaga react?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)