|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Senator Lacour.
2. Who has no concern for humanity, according to Tchernoff?
(a) The French.
(b) The Germans.
(c) Julio and Argensola.
(d) The Russians.
3. What is Luisa's nickname?
4. What does Marcelo buy to house his collection?
(a) A library.
(b) An island.
(c) A castle.
(d) A townhouse.
5. Why does Marcelo walk down the street his son lives on?
(a) To make sure that Marguerite has not returned to Julio.
(b) Because he wants to fight Argensola.
(c) Hoping to catch a glimpse of Julio.
(d) Because he is lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Julius visit Julio?
2. What is Tchernoff's religious affiliation?
3. What does Marcelo decide to do immediately after Madriaga's death?
4. How does Madriaga treat Karl and Elena's children?
5. What orders are received at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the war progress at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. Describe Marcelo's journey to his castle in the country.
3. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
4. How does Marcelo's view of the war change in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. How is Luisa scandalized by her daughter's behavior in Part 2, Chapter 3?
6. When Julio laments not being required to go to war, what does Argensola do?
7. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
8. What do Julio and Marguerite discuss when she finally arrives in Part 1, Chapter 1?
9. What does Marguerite decide to do in Part 2, Chapter 2, and how does this change her?
10. What is Argensola's argument against Julius' beliefs, and how does Julius rebut?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)