|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Death carry in Tchernoff's story?
(a) A bow.
(b) A sickle.
(c) A scale.
(d) A sword.
2. What colors do the French wear?
(c) Blue and red.
3. What does Marguerite refuse to do near the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Return to her husband.
(b) She agrees to everything he asks.
(c) Go home with Julio.
(d) Marry Julio.
4. Where does Marcelo go after leaving France?
(a) North America.
5. What does Marcelo wish in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) That France was not going to war.
(b) That he could fight for his country.
(c) That he had more sons to fight for France.
(d) That he had never left Argentina.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Julio and Julius feel about each other?
2. What color uniforms do the Germans wear?
3. Why aren't Julio and Argensola required to join the military?
4. What does Madriaga give Marcelo permission to do?
5. What is the name of the neighbor that Marcelo befriends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Karl von Hartrott returns to Germany with his family?
2. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
3. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
4. When Julio and Argensola meet their neighbor in the streets, what does Tchernoff say about the war?
5. Explain the Biblical passage that Tchernoff quotes at the end of Part 1, Chapter 5.
6. Why does Marcelo take his family to visit the von Hartrott family in Germany?
7. What does Marcelo find when he arrives at his castle in Part 2, Chapter 3?
8. Describe Julio and Argensola's neighbors.
9. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
10. Why does Marcelo leave France, according to Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)