|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo begin to collect?
2. During her studies in Part 2, Chapter 2, what does Marguerite think she should become?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) Julio's wife.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A doctor.
3. What is Julio unable to do at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Return to France.
(b) Cash the check he brought back from Argentina.
(c) Become a soldier.
(d) Marry Chichi.
4. What colors do the French wear?
(d) Blue and red.
5. How does Marguerite feel about her studies?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Madriaga when he dies?
2. Where does Julio take Marguerite at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. What nationality is the captain of the boat on which Julio returns to France?
4. Who does Madriaga hire as an accountant?
5. Who is assassinated in Part 1, Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marcelo feel guilty and envious in Part 2, Chapter 1?
2. Why do Marguerite and Julio leave the garden at the end of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what happens as they leave?
3. Describe Julio's relationship with Argensola.
4. Describe what Julio is doing at the beginning of Part 1, Chapter 1, and what he has recently done.
5. Describe Madriaga.
6. In Part 2, Chapter 1, what does Marcelo do during the day, and how does it make him feel?
7. What is the significance of the Arc de Triomphe?
8. How does Madriaga die and who inherits his property?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 3, what do Luisa and Elena pray for, and how does Marcelo feel about this?
10. Why does Marguerite go to the rail station in Part 2, Chapter 2, and what happens there?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)