|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(b) The German neighbor.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
(a) Elena von Hartrott.
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) Julius von Hartrott.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
3. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Rene Lacour.
(d) Senator Lacour.
4. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
(a) The Keeper.
(b) The chief.
(c) The Count.
(d) The general.
5. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Clergical post in Paris.
(b) Ammunitions post in London.
(c) Ammunitions post in Paris.
(d) Clerical post in Paris.
6. What does Luisa explicitly wish near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That she had never met Marcelo.
(b) That Julio had not died.
(c) That they had never moved to Paris.
(d) That her father was still alive.
7. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Have another child.
(b) Give his son's body a proper burial.
(c) Die and join his son.
(d) Return to Argentina.
8. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) A museum.
(d) Storing Marcelo's antiques.
9. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
10. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Executed by the Germans.
(b) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
(c) Released by the Germans.
(d) Kills himself.
11. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(c) His daughter.
(d) German soldiers.
12. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) More cars and Germans.
(c) The Germans have left.
(d) The Keeper has resurrected.
13. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) As dangerous.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As a game.
14. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) They are very tired.
(b) The writing is fading.
(c) It is very small.
(d) They do not know where to begin their search.
15. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To pay the rent.
(b) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
(c) To be close to Julio's things.
(d) To pack Julio's things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
3. Who arrives and requests to speak to Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
5. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)