|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) The Keeper has resurrected.
(c) The Germans have left.
(d) More cars and Germans.
2. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) There is no 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
(a) Elena von Hartrott.
(b) Julius von Hartrott.
(c) Karl von Hartrott.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
4. Who has been sleeping in Marcelo's room in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) The Keeper.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 1, what division is Rene transferred to?
(a) A medical division.
(b) A clerical division.
(c) A clergical division.
(d) An artillery division.
6. What are Marcelo, Luisa, Chichi, and Rene searching for at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(b) Julio's grave.
(c) Julio's paintings.
(d) Julio's illegitimate child.
7. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As a waste of time.
(c) As a game.
(d) As a mistake.
8. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(b) The German neighbor.
9. What is Chichi glad about at the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That her brother is finally dead.
(b) That her brother survived the war.
(c) That Rene decided to marry her.
(d) That Rene is not buried in the battlefields as well.
10. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Clergical post in Paris.
(b) Ammunitions post in London.
(c) Clerical post in Paris.
(d) Ammunitions post in Paris.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
(a) Layout for a new estate.
(b) Building plans.
(c) Enemy locations.
(d) Country guidelines.
12. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In Marcelo's bedroom.
(d) On wagons.
13. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
14. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio does not want his father to know exactly where he is.
(b) Julio is hiding and no one can find him.
(c) Marcelo does go to Julio.
(d) Julio is at an advanced site that is not safe for visitors.
15. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Julio's paintings.
(b) Julio's uniform.
(c) Argensola's furniture.
(d) Argensola's paintings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
5. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)