|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(b) Marguerite's husband.
2. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will get married without telling her.
(b) Her husband will be killed.
(c) Her husband is cheating on her.
(d) Her son will be killed.
3. Where does Julio go after leaving Marguerite?
(d) His father's castle.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
(a) For amusement.
(b) To spy through.
(c) To make room for their rifles.
(d) To further destroy Marcelo's castle.
5. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) They are very tired.
(b) It is very small.
(c) The writing is fading.
(d) They do not know where to begin their search.
6. What order is given on the third night in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) To attack.
(b) To kill Marcelo.
(c) To return to Germany.
(d) To evacuate.
7. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
8. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Julio's paintings.
(d) The German plane.
9. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
10. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
(a) A portrait of Luisa.
(b) Luisa, Marcelo's wife.
(c) All of Marcelo's money.
(d) Luisa's furniture.
11. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To be close to Julio's things.
(b) To pack Julio's things.
(c) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
(d) To pay the rent.
12. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio gets shot.
(b) A woman walks by.
(c) Enemy begins to fire.
(d) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
13. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio is at an advanced site that is not safe for visitors.
(b) Julio is hiding and no one can find him.
(c) Julio does not want his father to know exactly where he is.
(d) Marcelo does go to Julio.
14. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Senator Lacour.
15. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Who has been sleeping in Marcelo's room in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)