|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is lost.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is violated.
2. What order is given on the third night in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) To return to Germany.
(b) To evacuate.
(c) To attack.
(d) To kill Marcelo.
3. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
4. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Marguerite herself.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
5. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(b) Senator Lacour.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(c) The war.
7. What does Luisa explicitly wish near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That Julio had not died.
(b) That she had never met Marcelo.
(c) That her father was still alive.
(d) That they had never moved to Paris.
8. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
(a) Because they have super powers.
(b) Because they lack humanity.
(c) Because they are smarter than the French.
(d) Because they are the superior race.
9. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) The feeling that he should get out of the area immediately.
(b) The feeling that no one would dare kill his son.
(c) The feeling that his son has become a man.
(d) The feeling that his wife is leaving him for another man.
10. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) How long the war will take.
(b) Which one should be with Marguerite.
(c) Whether Julio will die at war.
(d) What to order for dinner.
11. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) On wagons.
(b) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(c) In Marcelo's bedroom.
(d) In the garden.
12. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Enemy begins to fire.
(b) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
(c) Julio gets shot.
(d) A woman walks by.
13. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
14. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) That she never loved him.
(b) That she is pregnant with his child.
(c) That their affair is over.
(d) That she will meet him in France.
15. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Ammunitions post in Paris.
(b) Clerical post in Paris.
(c) Clergical post in Paris.
(d) Ammunitions post in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Where does Julio find Marguerite in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
4. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)