|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(d) There is no 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5.
2. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) With the mayor of the village.
(c) His castle.
(d) The Keeper's home.
3. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
(a) Relieved that he is still alive.
(b) Eager to visit his son.
(c) Unsure if he can ever return.
(d) Happy it is still standing.
4. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On wagons.
(c) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(d) In Marcelo's bedroom.
5. Who arranges for Julio to convalesce in Paris for two weeks?
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Senator Lacour.
6. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
7. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
8. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Whether Julio will die at war.
(b) Which one should be with Marguerite.
(c) What to order for dinner.
(d) How long the war will take.
9. Who recounts Julio's war stories in Part 3, Chapter 1?
10. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(b) The law.
11. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
12. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(c) German soldiers.
(d) His daughter.
13. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Julio and Marcelo.
(b) Luisa and Elena.
(c) No one goes to church in Part 3, Chapter 1.
(d) Argensola and Tchernoff.
14. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) She is lost.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is violated.
(d) She is kidnapped.
15. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
(b) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
(c) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
(d) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, why do the Germans cut holes into the fence?
4. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)