|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(b) The war.
2. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The Keeper has resurrected.
(b) The Germans have left.
(d) More cars and Germans.
3. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Marguerite herself.
4. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her husband will be killed.
(c) Her son will get married without telling her.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
5. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Senator Lacour.
6. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
(a) Finds them boring.
(b) Finds them fascinating.
(c) Marcelo never invites Argensola to dinner.
(d) Finds them informative.
7. Who does Blumhardt continually watch in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(c) The Keeper.
(d) The Keeper's daughter.
8. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) On wagons.
(b) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(c) In Marcelo's bedroom.
(d) In the garden.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
(a) That his mother, sister, and aunt have left Paris.
(b) That Marguerite and her mother have left Paris.
(c) That Marguerite is ending their affair.
(d) That Marcelo has gone to the country.
10. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Hits him.
11. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
12. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
13. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(a) German soldiers.
(b) His daughter.
14. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Marguerite's husband.
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
15. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Ammunitions post in Paris.
(b) Ammunitions post in London.
(c) Clerical post in Paris.
(d) Clergical post in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what does Marcelo realize about his son?
2. What turns the tide of the war and helps Paris escape certain invasion?
3. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
5. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)