|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
(a) The chief.
(b) The Keeper.
(c) The general.
(d) The Count.
2. What do the Desnoyers learn at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Julio has gotten married.
(b) Julio has been killed.
(c) Julio has been wounded.
(d) Julio has disappeared completely.
3. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Give her many children.
(d) Marry her immediately.
4. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To help his father defend his castle.
(b) To join the military.
(c) To search for his mother.
(d) To see Marguerite.
5. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) The war.
(c) His family's history.
6. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Argensola's paintings.
(b) Julio's uniform.
(c) Argensola's furniture.
(d) Julio's paintings.
7. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
8. Who arrives and requests to speak to Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(b) The Count.
(c) The General.
(d) The Keeper.
9. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Senator Lacour.
10. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) The Germans have left.
(c) The Keeper has resurrected.
(d) More cars and Germans.
11. Who has been sleeping in Marcelo's room in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) The Count.
(d) The Keeper.
12. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Rene Lacour.
(c) Senator Lacour.
13. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her husband is cheating on her.
(c) Her husband will be killed.
(d) Her son will get married without telling her.
14. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Shoots him.
15. Where does Julio go after leaving Marguerite?
(a) His father's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
2. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
4. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
5. Where does Julio find Marguerite in Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)