|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) To join the military.
(b) To search for his mother.
(c) To see Marguerite.
(d) To help his father defend his castle.
2. What is Chichi glad about at the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) That her brother survived the war.
(b) That Rene decided to marry her.
(c) That Rene is not buried in the battlefields as well.
(d) That her brother is finally dead.
3. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(a) The law.
4. Who spends much time at church in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Argensola and Tchernoff.
(b) No one goes to church in Part 3, Chapter 1.
(c) Luisa and Elena.
(d) Julio and Marcelo.
5. Who does Chichi pray for in Part 3, Chapter 1?
6. Where does Julio go after leaving Marguerite?
(c) His father's castle.
7. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Marguerite herself.
(c) Her husband.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(b) His daughter.
(d) German soldiers.
9. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) His family's history.
(d) The war.
10. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) The Keeper.
(c) The Keeper's daughter.
11. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
12. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
(a) Luisa's furniture.
(b) A portrait of Luisa.
(c) Luisa, Marcelo's wife.
(d) All of Marcelo's money.
13. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Julio's paintings.
(d) The German plane.
14. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(c) Senator Lacour.
15. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Argensola's furniture.
(b) Julio's paintings.
(c) Argensola's paintings.
(d) Julio's uniform.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
3. Who arranges for Julio to convalesce in Paris for two weeks?
4. What do the Desnoyers learn at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 4?
5. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)