|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Who does an officer take Marcelo to see in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Keeper.
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) The General.
3. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(c) The Keeper.
(d) The Keeper's daughter.
4. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) The German neighbor.
5. What does Julio offer to do to change Marguerite's mind toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Marry her immediately.
(c) Give her many children.
(d) Join the military.
6. Who arrives and requests to speak to Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The General.
(b) The Count.
(c) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) The Keeper.
7. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(c) The law.
8. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Die and join his son.
(b) Give his son's body a proper burial.
(c) Return to Argentina.
(d) Have another child.
9. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) She is lost.
(b) She is violated.
(c) She is killed.
(d) She is kidnapped.
10. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
11. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Exchanges gold for food with the German soldiers.
(b) Begs the German soldiers.
(c) Trades his daughter's virtue for food.
(d) Kills a German soldier and steals his food.
12. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Whether Julio will die at war.
(b) Which one should be with Marguerite.
(c) How long the war will take.
(d) What to order for dinner.
13. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Marcelo does go to Julio.
(b) Julio is at an advanced site that is not safe for visitors.
(c) Julio is hiding and no one can find him.
(d) Julio does not want his father to know exactly where he is.
14. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Julio's uniform.
(b) Argensola's furniture.
(c) Julio's paintings.
(d) Argensola's paintings.
15. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Marguerite herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Argensola view the war?
2. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
3. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. What feeling overcomes Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)