|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a waste of time.
(c) As dangerous.
(d) As a mistake.
2. What order is given on the third night in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) To attack.
(b) To evacuate.
(c) To return to Germany.
(d) To kill Marcelo.
3. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) Senator Lacour.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
(a) Enemy locations.
(b) Layout for a new estate.
(c) Country guidelines.
(d) Building plans.
5. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
6. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
(a) Happy it is still standing.
(b) Eager to visit his son.
(c) Relieved that he is still alive.
(d) Unsure if he can ever return.
7. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Marguerite herself.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
8. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Return to Argentina.
(b) Give his son's body a proper burial.
(c) Have another child.
(d) Die and join his son.
9. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Trades his daughter's virtue for food.
(b) Exchanges gold for food with the German soldiers.
(c) Begs the German soldiers.
(d) Kills a German soldier and steals his food.
10. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) There is no 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5.
11. Where does Julio find Marguerite in Part 2, Chapter 4?
(d) His father's castle.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(b) The war.
13. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
(b) Julio gets shot.
(c) A woman walks by.
(d) Enemy begins to fire.
14. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
15. Who does Marcelo argue with in Part 3, Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
3. Who is killed at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
5. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)