|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marguerite do when she sees Julio on the street in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Stop and watch him walk away.
(b) Run away.
(c) She does not notice Julio in Part 3, Chapter 4.
(d) Begin to cry.
2. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Kills himself.
(b) Executed by the Germans.
(c) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
(d) Released by the Germans.
3. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
(a) The general.
(b) The Keeper.
(c) The Count.
(d) The chief.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(b) German soldiers.
(c) His daughter.
5. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
(a) Luisa, Marcelo's wife.
(b) Luisa's furniture.
(c) All of Marcelo's money.
(d) A portrait of Luisa.
6. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The roof is not destroyed.
(b) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
(c) Bombed by the French.
(d) Bombed by the Germans.
7. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
8. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To pay the rent.
(b) To pack Julio's things.
(c) To be close to Julio's things.
(d) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
9. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) Marguerite's husband.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
10. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Rene Lacour.
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(d) Senator Lacour.
11. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) Commandant Blumhardt.
(c) The Keeper.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
12. Why does Tchernoff believe that the Germans will win the war?
(a) Because they are smarter than the French.
(b) Because they are the superior race.
(c) Because they lack humanity.
(d) Because they have super powers.
13. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) An arm.
(b) A foot.
(c) A hand.
(d) A leg.
14. What labor is Marcelo forced to do on the second day in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Clean his entire castle.
(b) Cook dinner for the Germans.
(c) Dig a grave.
(d) Cut holes in his fence.
15. How does Marcelo avoid doing labor in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) By killing the German soldiers.
(b) By running away.
(c) By hiding in his castle.
(d) By bribing the German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
2. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
3. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
4. Who does Chichi pray for in Part 3, Chapter 1?
5. What is Chichi glad about at the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)