|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recounts Julio's war stories in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
(a) Happy it is still standing.
(b) Relieved that he is still alive.
(c) Unsure if he can ever return.
(d) Eager to visit his son.
3. What does Marcelo find when he returns to his castle at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The Keeper has resurrected.
(c) The Germans have left.
(d) More cars and Germans.
4. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Karl von Hartrott.
(b) Senator Lacour.
(c) Rene Lacour.
5. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
6. Why can't Marcelo go to Julio near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Julio is at an advanced site that is not safe for visitors.
(b) Julio is hiding and no one can find him.
(c) Marcelo does go to Julio.
(d) Julio does not want his father to know exactly where he is.
7. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) On wagons.
(b) In Marcelo's bedroom.
(c) In the garden.
(d) On top of Marcelo's castle.
8. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Kisses him.
9. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
10. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) The German plane.
(c) Julio's paintings.
11. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her son will get married without telling her.
(c) Her husband will be killed.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
12. Where does Julio go after leaving Marguerite?
(a) His father's castle.
13. Who does Marcelo see downtown in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Argensola and Chichi.
(b) Marguerite and her husband.
(c) Julio and Marguerite.
(d) Luisa and her lover.
14. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Return to Argentina.
(b) Give his son's body a proper burial.
(c) Die and join his son.
(d) Have another child.
15. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) The writing is fading.
(b) It is very small.
(c) They are very tired.
(d) They do not know where to begin their search.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
2. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
3. Why does Julio travel in Part 2, Chapter 4?
4. Who does an officer take Marcelo to see in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What do the Desnoyers learn at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)