|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marcelo obtain food in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Begs the German soldiers.
(b) Kills a German soldier and steals his food.
(c) Trades his daughter's virtue for food.
(d) Exchanges gold for food with the German soldiers.
2. Who arrives and requests to speak to Marcelo in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The Count.
(b) Otto von Hartrott.
(c) The Keeper.
(d) The General.
3. Who recounts Julio's war stories in Part 3, Chapter 1?
4. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
5. Who finally finds what the group is looking for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
6. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(a) The law.
7. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) She is violated.
(b) She is lost.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is killed.
8. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(b) The war.
(d) His family's history.
9. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Senator Lacour.
(c) Rene Lacour.
(d) Karl von Hartrott.
10. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) A German hospital.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A museum.
(d) Storing Marcelo's antiques.
11. What is Luisa convinced of when Julio returns to the front?
(a) Her husband will be killed.
(b) Her son will get married without telling her.
(c) Her son will be killed.
(d) Her husband is cheating on her.
12. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As dangerous.
(b) As a mistake.
(c) As a waste of time.
(d) As a game.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 1, who does Marcelo mention seeing at his castle?
(a) Julius von Hartrott.
(b) Karl von Hartrott.
(c) Elena von Hartrott.
(d) Otto von Hartrott.
14. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) An arm.
(b) A leg.
(c) A foot.
(d) A hand.
15. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(d) Marguerite's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Senator Lacour deliver to Marcelo at the end of Part 3, Chapter 4?
2. Who does Julio unexpectedly encounter during his journey in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What is Marcelo eager to do near the end of Part 3, Chapter 5?
4. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, what does Julio learn from a note?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)