|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(b) There is no 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5.
2. Why does Marcelo go to Julio's studio in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Because Luisa kicks him out of their house.
(b) To pack Julio's things.
(c) To pay the rent.
(d) To be close to Julio's things.
3. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(b) On wagons.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In Marcelo's bedroom.
4. What does Marguerite tell Julio toward the end of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(a) That their affair is over.
(b) That she never loved him.
(c) That she will meet him in France.
(d) That she is pregnant with his child.
5. What happens to the mayor of the village in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Released by the Germans.
(b) Abandons the village to the Germans' mercy.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Executed by the Germans.
6. What does Argensola find interesting at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4?
(c) Julio's paintings.
(d) The German plane.
7. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
8. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Enemy opens fire.
(b) Angry at Marcelo.
(c) Tired of talking to his father.
(d) Rene does not have to go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3.
9. What makes it difficult to locate what the party is searching for in Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) It is very small.
(b) They do not know where to begin their search.
(c) They are very tired.
(d) The writing is fading.
10. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A woman walks by.
(b) Julio gets shot.
(c) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
(d) Enemy begins to fire.
11. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(d) The German neighbor.
12. Why does Marcelo stop going to the studio as much toward the end of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Because Argensola asks him to never return.
(b) Because Tchernoff claims the Germans will be victorious.
(c) Because Luisa suspects him of having an affair.
(d) Because Marcelo cannot afford transportation for the visit.
13. What are Marcelo, Luisa, Chichi, and Rene searching for at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 5?
(a) Julio's paintings.
(b) Julio's illegitimate child.
(c) Julio's grave.
14. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Kisses him.
15. Where is Elena going in order to travel from there to Berlin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Keeper's daughter at the end of Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
3. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
4. How does Marcelo feel as he leaves his castle?
5. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)