|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the atmosphere change near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) A woman walks by.
(b) Enemy begins to fire.
(c) Julio gets shot.
(d) Julio and Marcelo begin to argue.
2. Near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3, who are Marcelo and the senator introduced to?
(a) The Count.
(b) The general.
(c) The chief.
(d) The Keeper.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
(a) Building plans.
(b) Layout for a new estate.
(c) Enemy locations.
(d) Country guidelines.
4. Where does Marcelo find refuge in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) His castle.
(c) The Keeper's home.
(d) With the mayor of the village.
5. Who does Luisa begin visiting in Part 3, Chapter 1?
6. In Part 2, Chapter 4, who is Marguerite's patient?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
7. Who does Marcelo befriend at dinner in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Otto von Hartrott.
(b) The Count.
(c) Commandant Blumhardt.
(d) The Keeper.
8. How is the castle roof destroyed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) The roof is not destroyed.
(b) Bombed by the Germans.
(c) Bombed by the French.
(d) Marcelo sets fire to his castle in order to scare the Germans away.
9. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Rene does not have to go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3.
(b) Tired of talking to his father.
(c) Angry at Marcelo.
(d) Enemy opens fire.
10. What does Marcelo do to the first French officer he sees in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Shoots him.
11. Where are the cannons installed in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) In the garden.
(b) On wagons.
(c) On top of Marcelo's castle.
(d) In Marcelo's bedroom.
12. Who does Marcelo visit in Part 3, Chapter 2?
13. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) An arm.
(b) A foot.
(c) A hand.
(d) A leg.
14. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
(a) His daughter.
(b) German soldiers.
15. Who is Marcelo with at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 3?
(a) Senator Lacour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
2. When does Marcelo's family return home?
3. Who offers to arrange for Marcelo to visit Julio?
4. How does Argensola feel about his dinners with Marcelo?
5. Who is the soldier that visits Marcelo at the end of Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)