|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcelo make a big deal about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Argensola's paintings.
(b) Julio's uniform.
(c) Argensola's furniture.
(d) Julio's paintings.
2. What does the Count plan to take with him when he leaves Marcelo's castle?
(a) Luisa, Marcelo's wife.
(b) A portrait of Luisa.
(c) All of Marcelo's money.
(d) Luisa's furniture.
3. Who does Julio believe was wounded in the war when he learns about Marguerite's situation?
(a) Marguerite herself.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
4. To what post is Rene assigned in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Clergical post in Paris.
(b) Ammunitions post in Paris.
(c) Clerical post in Paris.
(d) Ammunitions post in London.
5. What is the topic of conversation Rene chooses in Part 3, Chapter 3?
(c) His family's history.
(d) The war.
6. Who does Marcelo attempt to befriend at the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) The German neighbor.
7. In Part 3, Chapter 2, what do Marcelo and Argensola discuss?
(a) The war.
8. According to Marguerite, what requires her to stay with her husband?
(b) The law.
9. What do Marcelo and Tchernoff disagree about in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(a) Which one should be with Marguerite.
(b) What to order for dinner.
(c) How long the war will take.
(d) Whether Julio will die at war.
10. What is Marcelo's castle used for at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Storing Marcelo's antiques.
(b) A German hospital.
(c) A museum.
(d) A hotel.
11. What appendage does Rene lose in the war?
(a) A leg.
(b) A foot.
(c) A hand.
(d) An arm.
12. What does the Count order be done to the 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(b) There is no 18-year-old boy in Part 2, Chapter 5.
13. Where is it said that the Virgin Mary appeared once, according to Part 2, Chapter 4?
14. Who often joins Marcelo and Argensola's conversations in Part 3, Chapter 2?
(b) Senator Lacour.
15. How does Argensola view the war?
(a) As a game.
(b) As a waste of time.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marcelo feel about seeing his son near the end of Part 3, Chapter 3?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 5, what does the Keeper bury on Marcelo's property?
3. In Part 3, Chapter 3, what maps is Marcelo shown?
4. Why must Rene go back to work in Part 3, Chapter 3?
5. Who do Marcelo and his companion visit first in Part 3, Chapter 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)